It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Known COVID-19 statistics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: primus2012

originally posted by: Plotus
Nothing Cheesecake can't fix....

They say that in Vietnam no one has died. ? What are they doing different ?

High amounts of piperine and capsaicin in their diets?

What about Korea, they are way up there on hot pepper intake, and garlic too.
China, Korea and Vietnam eat in a similar manner, spicy & lots of herbs/veggies

True, Sichuan can be like eating fire sometimes.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Thanks! I tried messaging DontTreadOnMe, but apparently you can't. Good to know I can use Alert for this. Ofcourse I will only bother them when there are big changes/additions needed. I don't want to anger the Gods...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Nothing Cheesecake can't fix....

They say that in Vietnam no one has died. ? What are they doing different ?
Seriously, Vietnamese chicken wings...absolutley best on Earth.

They cook with some heat, maybe their sweating the corona out?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Perhaps it's just more comforting for folks to believe that, perhaps it's so, and perhaps it's not.

What if TPTB are just omitting that info? What you don't know won't hurt you!!

What group of humans are the biggest spreaders? It's alway the children.

Let them kids go out and play and bring that bug right back into your home with them.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Over a hundred children died this flu season in the US so far.

The CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 29 million flu illnesses, 280,000 hospitalizations and 16,000 deaths from flu.
This flu season has been especially bad so far for children and young adults. Their rates remain higher than in recent years.
A total of 105 influenza-associated deaths in children have been reported so far this season. That’s an increase of 13 since last week’s report.
www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard
Confused by the blank Parts 2 & 3... ?

But thanks very much again for the stats on age related deaths. That, imo, is extremely pertinent information that should dramatically lower the fear-mongering going on.

Not that we should ignore the much higher rates for those who are older and/or who have compromised immune/health issues. On the contrary, this means that that is where we should focus all of our efforts - starting with each individual person looking out for their own loved ones who are more at risk.

Also - are the stats for Nationalities not available? Those could be very telling.

The only other concern I have is - where do these numbers come from, and are they reliable?
edit on 26-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
I think it may be a stretch, quite yet, to say this only affects my age group......i.e., senior citizens.

Ummm... look at the numbers. The only age group that has had ZERO deaths is 9 and under, the other age groups start at 0.2% and start going uyp. Even 0.2% is not nothing, it means there are some deaths.

As for this doctor and girl - where was this?

Anyway, no, obviously no one is saying it only affects senior citizens.

What the numbers show, very clearly, is that older people have an increasingly higher risk.

I'd also add that this could be due to both their age and the fact that most older people have numerous health issues, are taking one or more prescription drugs, etc, etc. I mean, they are also at much higher risk of death from the flu, too.

Perhaps it's just more comforting for folks to believe that, perhaps it's so, and perhaps it's not. As we don't have a lot of reliable info to go on right now, perhaps is probably the best we can do, for now.

I agree, but that doesn't mean we don't look closely at the information that we do have, does it?

I welcome this information as not just good, but fantastic news, because now we can really focus on those who are at higher risk, being much more comfortable (as long as these numbers bear out in the long term) that we will survive this thing, and that the world is not ending.

ETA: I say this, because I would hate for people to have a false sense of security regarding their age group and/or children......

Again, this is fantastic news - but it doesn't mean we stop re-evaluating the situation.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic

I look at those statistics and wonder.
Does China not have a problem with elderly population growing too big?

Yes, and this has been discussed before. And on top of that, extremely poor air quality.

Does China not have male population disproportionately larger than female? (not in height or length)

Again, yes...

I don't know if both of those factors really explain the extreme disparity in the numbers outside China though. and now we have the anomalous numbers from Iran and Italy too.

I still say, as many others here have, that there is just something not right about this thing, there is more to the story, and I wonder if we'll ever know what it is.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: trollz
The CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 29 million flu illnesses, 280,000 hospitalizations and 16,000 deaths from flu.

I still wonder... maybe someone with a background in virology can answer this...

Is it possible that contracting two different viruses at the same time - ie, the COVID-19 and Influenza A or B (or something/anything else) - could be a major factor in how badly it affects someone?

Then there is the mention of China being a heavy user of something called 'bio-pesticides'.

Does anyone here have any pertinent knowledge about these and can provide more details?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Those posts have been reserved for additional information when needed. At the time I wasn't yet aware you can't edit a post anymore after a few hours. I'm gonna do a round of info gathering in a bit and possibly ask the mods to update the post if enough vital info is collected.

I'm also curious about nationalities now that you mention it. I'll see what I can dig up.

These numbers are official statistics we have at the moment. Regarding them being reliable, I'm not sure. Stats could've been lowered to not cause panic and we're still somewhat in early stages of data gathering.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

we're still somewhat in early stages of data gathering.

EXACTLY....
There is no way we can compare Coronavirus to influenza until it has been around long enough, and we are able to gather data from somewhat reliable sources.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Aren't infants and small children more at risk from viruses, like the elderly? Why would there be no deaths in the 0-9 year age range?

Well, it’s obviously a designer disease from a lab IMO

Or somehow Mother Nature knew just what to concoct to carry out a plan we’ve been hearing about for decades by a shadowy elite of society

Amazing coincidences

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
0.2% for adults of all ages up to older adults means absolutely nothing at this point

People can be reinfected very easily, there is record of organ or other damage done to the body after first infection occurring, people surviving the first time then dying the second time catching, given how contagious this virus is it’ll reverberate around the world for upwards of two years making those 0.2% numbers start to double

Only first world countries and those that are self sustainable will reduce their mortality rates, without effective treatments, protective equipment, food supplies, Economy, manpower, this virus will obliterate those countries who do not

This will be way worst than people realise

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Aren't infants and small children more at risk from viruses, like the elderly? Why would there be no deaths in the 0-9 year age range?

This is still very early on. Apart from China, most people have contracted the disease due to travel or from people who have recently travelled abroad. Not many in the 0-9 age range do that.

The woman here in Chicago travelled to China and contracted the disease. Then, like a good wife, she returned home and infected her husband. We have a grand total at this time of two cases.

As time passes and this virus begins to take hold in families with young children there will probably be a spike in the number of cases before schools can be closed to prevent further infection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join