It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion on a fight

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

And some people need to stop speaking for all people...

There is a very clear and well established difference between the strength of a man and a woman... If someone has so little self control and dignity that they lower themselves to violence -- including women -- they should be stopped with the necessary force to do so. No more and no less. It's not about male or female. Any man that uses disproportionate force to the threat is in the wrong, for the same reason ANY person using disproportionate force is in the wrong. I wouldn't approve of a grown ass woman beating the crap out of a kid just because she can either.

If some guy just wants to use his power to show what a man he is then he's just a pathetic little manboy. And if some witch just wants to egg him on so the boys like her better, than she's just a pathetic little handmaiden.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22On of my favorite videos on you tube was during the protest in oragan a femaLe swung a padalock and chain at a guy and col cocked her and knocked her on the ass! If they throw the first punch they should expect the same in return.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

He had to make a decision in far less time than it took you to write your reply.

If he had done nothing but confront this girl I probably would say he went to far but he was very clearly trying to avoid any physical confrontation. She instigated the violence.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
People need to quit coddling us girls. If we throw a punch, we're running the very fair risk of having one thrown back. Fair is fair here.

I was taught that no gentleman should raise his hand to a lady.

I can't remember the last time I was introduced to a lady. I raised my daughter to be a lady. I failed her though at some point. Fortunately, she still has all her teeth.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: Nyiah
People need to quit coddling us girls. If we throw a punch, we're running the very fair risk of having one thrown back. Fair is fair here.

I was taught that no gentleman should raise his hand to a lady.

I can't remember the last time I was introduced to a lady. I raised my daughter to be a lady. I failed her though at some point. Fortunately, she still has all her teeth.

And I'm of the belief that not even a gentleman should take it like a punching bag just because the assailant is a female. You're allowed to defend yourself if you need to, that is not detestable by any means. MAKING people think it is because of some half-cocked notion that male = overpowered ape is. That leads to guys who will not defend themselves and end up hurt because of antiquated thinking.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You might have missed my point.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
2020 and we suffer under the yoke of equality, what is the difference these days, not to hit her because she is a female is surely sexist
Everyone has their own line in the sand

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

give her a bitch slap and the rest would still jump him

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   
My left hand/fist identifies as a female so it's okay.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

He turned the other cheek twice!

They were clearly trying to provoke him. Teens s@ck!

She got what was coming to her!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
these clips - never give adequet context of prior engagements and escallation - ergo worthless

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

If she's gonna swing like a dude, she better be prepared to get hit like a dude.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

He had to make a decision in far less time than it took you to write your reply.

Yup. And? So? He already knew if he was in fear for his person or not. I don't know. You don't know. But he knows. If he was in fear for his person, then he had every right to protect and defend his person.

If he had done nothing but confront this girl I probably would say he went to far but he was very clearly trying to avoid any physical confrontation. She instigated the violence.

LOL! He was trying to get away from a confrontation with that first guy, that's for sure. But no, he had no problem full on punching her in the face with his closed fist after she smacked him on top of the head with a flat hand.

Proportional force? Not even close. Stopping the threat? Exactly the opposite! That was anger. Not fear. (And rather foolish as well... I was ready to give him some leeway for being faced by a mob as opposed to one lone girl, because that would be quite intimidating and frightening to anyone. But he let his anger get in the way of his common sense. Perhaps one lesson to be learned is that any guy who thinks it's okay to punch a girl may find out the hard way that others don't think it's okay... but think it's okay to beat the living crap out of the guy who would do so).

Having said that, we do not know what happened prior to cause the conflict either. There were obviously plenty of kids ready to jump on his sorry ass and give him a whooping. That wouldn't have happened unless he'd already alienated the other kids. I'm betting this kid's got a very long and problematic history...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

And I'm of the belief that not even a gentleman should take it like a punching bag just because the assailant is a female. You're allowed to defend yourself if you need to, that is not detestable by any means. MAKING people think it is because of some half-cocked notion that male = overpowered ape is. That leads to guys who will not defend themselves and end up hurt because of antiquated thinking.

With a friend like you, men sure don't need any more enemies. You're so freaking titillated at the thought of a man beating a woman that you would reduce them all to brute animals with no ability to think or reason. You are more concerned with the male pride and ego than the physical safety and wellbeing of women.

Any man (any person!) who cannot handle a little poke to their pride and ego has MUCH bigger problems than any one person. That insecurity and self-doubt will permeate every level of their life and being, and cause them perpetual problems with all of society. If it's not one person challenging their worth, it will be another.... and another... and another... And no matter how many people they beat the crap out of, they'll still feel like crap inside themselves. Because unless and until they can find their self-worth WITHIN THEMSELVES, they will keep looking outside themselves and never find it.

I'm so fortunate to have known REAL bad ass men... Men who are/were so secure and confident in themselves, that they would NEVER lower themselves to beating on anyone unless absolutely necessary, and even then only to the point of stopping the threat.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

If she's gonna swing like a dude, she better be prepared to get hit like a dude.

Indeed. But that's not what happened. If only he had returned like for like...

She smacked him with an open hand on the top of the head... He then punched her full force in the face with a closed fist.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Proportional force? Not even close. Stopping the threat? Exactly the opposite! That was anger. Not fear. (And rather foolish as well... I was ready to give him some leeway for being faced by a mob as opposed to one lone girl, because that would be quite intimidating and frightening to anyone. But he let his anger get in the way of his common sense. Perhaps one lesson to be learned is that any guy who thinks it's okay to punch a girl may find out the hard way that others don't think it's okay... but think it's okay to beat the living crap out of the guy who would do so).

This thinking right here is why there are many women out there abusing this entire concept, using it against guys that they're mad at. If she's willing to assault the guy, then he has full right to defend himself.

IMO, it was very proportional force. First off, from what I saw in the video the guy was trying hard to avoid any conflict. The confrontation initially looked like it was between two guys, but after seeing how she throws down her backpack it was going to be a 2v1 fight. Then, the girl reachs in his personal space, grabs his backpack which is still strapped to him, and pulled him back into the danger zone, so to speak. Then, when he tries to push her away and break free from her hold, she doubles down, doesn't let go and smacks him. I honestly don't blame the guy for taking a swing at her, she's endangering his safety by trying to pull him into a 2v1 fight.

To be honest, when you really look at the video, I don't even think it was going to just be a 2v1 fight, it almost looked like a lot of people around were looking for any reason to assault this guy. Most people would've stepped in the middle, broken the fight up, and held the guy down until someone in authority came and picked him up. That's not what happened, though, everyone around him came in swinging full force, as if they were just waiting for the opportunity.

The fact that any person can look at this video and feel the guy was in the wrong just boggles the mind. So many women nowadays just abuse men without a care, because stupid men will always come to their defense, and women will always take their side. The most famous case lately being Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. For the longest time everyone was told that Depp was the abuser, and I'm not saying he's 100% innocent, but at least now there's proof showing how she was the instigator. I don't like Depp, but I will most definitely defend him in this case, because a huge chunk of my life was something similar, from my family to my first few relationships.

How many people remember the movie "The Sandlot"?? The actor that played "Yeah yeah" got in trouble for something very similar. According to what I've read, he back-handed his g/f while driving home. Sounds terrible, right?? Well, here's what happened that led up to it. They were having an argument about something, so while driving down a busy highway she started slapping him, even striking him with her high heel, causing him to swerve all over the highway. She wouldn't stop no matter how much he told her not to, so he back-handed her. When they arrived at home, a neighbor saw the mark on her face, called the police, and now he's charged with domestic violence. As far as I heard, she didn't get in trouble at all.

How is this sort of thing fair?? What was he supposed to do?? Let her hit him until he could find a way to pull over and get out of the car?? Well, then you have this sort of # to deal with.....

Perhaps one lesson to be learned is that any guy who thinks it's okay to punch a girl may find out the hard way that others don't think it's okay... but think it's okay to beat the living crap out of the guy who would do so).

Stupid men wouldn't care at all that he's innocent, if any man saw a car pull over with a woman being like that, they'd get out and attack the man on her behalf. Many women know this, and abuse it beyond belief.

I understand there are terrible men out there who do terrible things, but there are also terrible women who also do terrible things, but they're more likely to get away with it because it's never good to hit a woman.

One of my friends was taught some very wise words from his grandmother. She taught him that you never hit a lady, but the moment a woman hits you, she is no longer a lady. That feels fair to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile
This thinking right here is why there are many women out there abusing this entire concept, using it against guys that they're mad at.

No. "This thinking" is the basic legal/criminal standard for determining criminal liability in such situations... and basic common sesne. As with anything, it can and will be exploited by those so inclined -- male and female.

IMO, it was very proportional force.

Then your definition of proportional is very different than mine. A smack on top of the head with an open hand by a female is in no way comparable nor proportional to a full force punch in a female's face with a closed fist of a male. There was absolutely no danger to his person. No risk of death or permanent bodily damage from that smack on the head. No fear of her on his part -- just anger.

On the other hand, he could have easily killed her with that one punch, or caused permanent brain damage. He could have caused permanent damage to her eye or ear. Not to mention basic broken bones, lost teeth, etc. Such force is far from proportional. Especially when he did have less forceful options. For example, he could have just as easily pushed her away again or held her at arm's length.

First off, from what I saw in the video the guy was trying hard to avoid any conflict. The confrontation initially looked like it was between two guys...

Yes, he did try to walk away from a confrontation with the guy. He made no such effort to walk away from the girl.

...but after seeing how she throws down her backpack it was going to be a 2v1 fight. Then, the girl reachs in his personal space, grabs his backpack which is still strapped to him, and pulled him back into the danger zone, so to speak.

Fair enough and true enough. She did.

Then, when he tries to push her away and break free from her hold, she doubles down, doesn't let go and smacks him.

I'm not sure she's holding onto him.... I have watched it several times and it seems that he is holding on to her arm at the moment that he punches her. At the moment that he pushes her, you can clearly see her left hand, so she is not holding onto him at that point. She then smacks his head with her right hand. That's when he seems to grab her left arm and pull her toward him as he punches her full force in the face with a closed fist.

I honestly don't blame the guy for taking a swing at her, she's endangering his safety by trying to pull him into a 2v1 fight.

I tried to give him that benefit of the doubt, but I can't. He was a coward who backed down when the guy confronted him. He only gets "brave" when it's a girl. He let his anger get the best of him, and his common sense flew out the window.

To be honest, when you really look at the video, I don't even think it was going to just be a 2v1 fight, it almost looked like a lot of people around were looking for any reason to assault this guy.

Well, it certainly looks like a lot of people around already had a reason to assault this guy. We don't know what's already gone down. Not just immediately before this fight, but for months or even years. I'm betting this kid has a very troubled history. Even the adult who takes him away seems pretty pissed off at him.

The fact that any person can look at this video and feel the guy was in the wrong just boggles the mind.

Fair enough I supposed. It boggles my mind that you think a smack on the head from a girl is "proportional" to a life-threatening blunt force trauma to the head from a guy...

So many women nowadays just abuse men without a care...

And so many men abuse women without a care... And the simple fact of the matter is that men abuse women FAR more than women abuse men, and men's abuse of women is FAR more horrendous and heinous than what women do to men.

...because stupid men will always come to their defense, and women will always take their side.

So men who don't beat women are just stupid? You cannot see any strength, honor or courage in NOT resorting to violence? Especially when there is absolutely no danger to the man's life or limb??? That's just stupid? Really???

As for women always taking "their" side, I would say the exact same thing if we were talking about a male-vs-male or female-vs-female fight. In any conflict, everyone has an absolute right to protect and defend their person with the force necessary to stop the threat. This guy was not protecting or defending his person. He was not scared. He was angry. He was retaliating.

The most famous case lately being Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. For the longest time everyone was told that Depp was the abuser...

Why the hell does anyone think their opinion matters? Much less counts as "truth"? Opinions don't matter. Either it can be proven or it can't be proven.

How is this sort of thing fair?? What was he supposed to do?? Let her hit him until he could find a way to pull over and get out of the car?? Well, then you have this sort of # to deal with.....

Fair? Really? How about safety? Not just for them, but everyone else on the road! You think he should just keep driving while in the midst of having a fist fight with her? Because that's so much safer???

OF COURSE HE SHOULD PULL OVER!!! Then call the police...

Stupid men wouldn't care at all that he's innocent...

Um... says the smart guy that thinks it's better for the guy to keep driving while engaging in a fist fight with her and endangering the lives of everyone on the road... okay...

...if any man saw a car pull over with a woman being like that, they'd get out and attack the man on her behalf.

Any man? Or just the stupid men?

Many women know this, and abuse it beyond belief.

Maybe. Many other women know the exact opposite... that strangers don't want to get involved and will turn a blind eye to a man beating a woman.

I understand there are terrible men out there who do terrible things, but there are also terrible women who also do terrible things...

Well, yes, there are bad women who do bad things to good men... but let's not lose perspective. Far more men do far more horrible things to women than women do to men. If you really don't know, then I envy your blissful ignorance.

...but they're more likely to get away with it because it's never good to hit a woman.

I would disagree. But that's a whole 'nother thread unto itself.

One of my friends was taught some very wise words from his grandmother. She taught him that you never hit a lady, but the moment a woman hits you, she is no longer a lady. That feels fair to me.

Fair? Or fun?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

looks like everyone was looking for a reason to jump that kid.

soon as it start he got swarmed.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The fact is she hit him first.
She initiated the contact.
I have no sympathy for her getting her ass handed to her.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The fact is she hit him first.
She initiated the contact.
I have no sympathy for her getting her ass handed to her.

Ahhhhh... gotcha. So you just want to see the girl get her ass kicked by a guy. A wimpy guy that wouldn't engage with his equal. But by golly gee he's full of bravado when it's a girl. That impresses you, eh?

Well, okay. Should have just said that to begin with.

Bummer for you that the dude got the real ass whooping, eh? Probably wasn't the first and won't be the last, because... well... you know already. The lesson here may be that guys who think it's okay to beat on those weaker than them get their asses whooped by those who DON'T think it's okay.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join