It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titor was a Slider from a Different Universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hi there,

Sorry for yet another Titor thread... however there are so many things to discuss about and I think different threads allow us to discuss the different aspects of the Titor Story.

I would like to discuss the possibility that titor was from another universe and so the information he states is unreliable.

Quote from John Titor

"The other major difference is in the concept of good and evil. With multiple worlds come multiple decisions and outcomes. For every good act, there is an equal and possible bad act on another worldline. Taken to the extreme, this must mean that in God's eyes, there is no total good and total bad in the superverse. "

So what he is saying there is that their are many universes and many possibilities....

There is a theory that addresses why the properties of this universe seem to be by design.... And the only scientific answer that can be given at this time that does not require a designer is the concept of an infinite number of universes that our universe is just one of.... a MULTIVERSE or SUPERVERSE.....

The concept of a multiverse is consistent with both quantum physics and String theory...

If for example there is an infinite number of universes then there are an infinite number of histories and anything and Everything can and has/will happen....

So if John was from another Universe he wouldn't actually be travelling time he would be travelling through to a different universe....

to conclude....

~Nothing Titor said can be taken too seriously cause if he was real then he came from a different universe and they have a different History....

However, having said that the universe he came from seems remarkably similar to the universe we inhabit.....

So WAS Titor a REAL SLIDER???

Neon Haze....

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yeah, that seems to be what he was saying although he described it as an infinite number of universes that were created by splitting off from their timelines. Like a tree branch, if he started out on one twig he could travel back along the branch to where multiple universes were one (before they split off) but he couldn't follow exactly the same path back to his time. He'd end up on a twig that looked just like it though.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is exactly what Titor states. No offense, but why is there a thread on this?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

neon haze
And the only scientific answer that can be given at this time that does not require a designer is the concept of an infinite number of universes that

There is no need to reference that every possible universe can exist in fact does in order to have one that resembles this one.

The universe is not fine tuned. It simply is what it is. Change it slightly, and it'd be radically different. That does not mean that its 'designed'.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
The concept of a multiverse is consistent with both quantum physics and String theory...
You have no idea what you're talking about because that's completely untrue. Some of the early theories for quantum physics utilized the multiverse theory to explain some of the phenomenon that they were witnessing. Superstring theory, a.k.a. M-theory, has even more room for the multiverse theory than does quantum physics. In fact, one could say that M-theory relies on the idea of us living in a multiverse.

If you want proof, go read up on it yourself. There's plenty of evidence out there to prove you wrong on this point.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It seems he came from a universe where he new how to make crushing gravity bend a laser pointer, but not a nearby car door.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think we've satisfactorily exposed the entire Titor episode as an Internet hoax in this thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It seems he came from a universe where he new how to make crushing gravity bend a laser pointer, but not a nearby car door.

I think we've satisfactorily exposed the entire Titor episode as an Internet hoax in this thread.

Err... he did say the field was projected outside the vehicle, so the vehicle and airspace around it wasn't affected. And your link to the thread doesn't work, which is a pity because I've never found a thread that truely proved any of it was a hoax.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah

You have no idea what you're talking about because that's completely untrue. Some of the early theories for quantum physics utilized the multiverse theory to explain some of the phenomenon that they were witnessing. Superstring theory, a.k.a. M-theory, has even more room for the multiverse theory than does quantum physics. In fact, one could say that M-theory relies on the idea of us living in a multiverse.

If you want proof, go read up on it yourself. There's plenty of evidence out there to prove you wrong on this point.

you are a deeply weird and strange indervidual..

You said that I have no Idea what I'm talking about and then you go on to confirm what I said......

Add somthing constructive to the tread or don't bother at all...

Neon.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

neon haze
And the only scientific answer that can be given at this time that does not require a designer is the concept of an infinite number of universes that

There is no need to reference that every possible universe can exist in fact does in order to have one that resembles this one.

The universe is not fine tuned. It simply is what it is. Change it slightly, and it'd be radically different. That does not mean that its 'designed'.

What I am saying is that is you change any aspect of our universe even .0000000005% then we wouldn't exist, the galaxies would not exist, even stars wouldn't exist..

So therefore some FELLOW scientists at the university I WORK AT... Concur with my original speculation, Either the universe was created by a designer or there are any number of universes in a multiverse that our Uni is just one of....

There was a very famous Quantum Experiment done way back at the turn of the 20th century that is still be preformed today. This experiment measures the interference pattern of photons through two Slits in a card...

I won't go into detail but that experiment goes a long way to proving Quantum uncertainty and entanglement.... And pretty much proves an anti-universe existing in the same physical space but through one of the 6 dimensions that are curled up..... This is where String theory and Quantum Theory meet... this is cutting edge stuff still even though the first experiment was preformed almost a 100 years ago.

I would also like to add that this thread is here not to discuss John Titor but to add further possible evidence to the fact that we belong to a much larger family then just the planets in our solar system or the stars in our galaxy or in fact the milky ways in neighbours our cluster and super cluster of Galaxies.....

Anyone else want to challenge??

Neon Haze...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Nor even the other light in the scene, or even the smoke from the cigar.

mythatsabigprobe
he did say the field was projected outside the vehicle, so the vehicle and airspace around it wasn't affected

If it can't affect that area, then why is it, well, affecting that area? The laser pointer is being bent. those 'microsingularities', even tho they are micro, are bending a hell of a lot of space, and distorting the laser pointer. At a minimum, they should also be 'bending' the light that is making up the rest of the image.

I've never found a thread that truely proved any of it was a hoax.

You are in one right now. The laser photo demonstrates that the whole thing is a fraud. The laser photo is a nice sort of 'special effect', but its completely stupid. A black hole is going to warp space, and everything in it, not just the pretty laser light.

What I am saying is that is you change any aspect of our universe even .0000000005% then we wouldn't exist,

Yes, i know what the fine tunning arguement is, and its not 'any aspect' its particualr and specific cosmic constants. THe point remains, this is saying nothing. Change the universe, and you change the universe. If I change the salinity of a region of water slightly, the delicate fish in it will die. Change one of the major cosmic constants, and of course the universe is radically altered.

So therefore some FELLOW scientists at the university I WORK AT... Concur with my original speculation, Either the universe was created by a designer or there are any number of universes in a multiverse that our Uni is just one of....

They can concur all that they want, and working at a university hardly makes them or you correct. The fundamental premise is wrong. What university do you work at?

won't go into detail but that experiment goes a long way to proving Quantum uncertainty

I do not argue that there are is no 'multiverse'. I merely note that its irrational to say that the universe is fine tunned and that this means it was either created or that there are an inifite number of universes.

would also like to add that this thread is here not to discuss John Titor but to add further possible evidence to the fact that we belong to a much larger family

Not for nothing, but this is a john titor thread, you made it that way. It absurd to say that the john titor story is evidence for a multiverse (in the first place) and then say that this isnt' a titor thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The universe is fine tuned as compared to what? What model do we have that the universe is operating the way it's supposed to? What example do we have that the universe is not 'abnormal'? There are no signifiers in which we can base our subjective observations on.

You have to remember that the simple fact that we are in the universe is bias enough that our views are not the accurate representation of the universe. It's an interpretation based on humanly created laws (time, physics, chemistry...etc) that we confine our universe in.

In essence, our universe is a prison for the restrictions we embed in it. Laws of physics, Rules of time travel. Nonsense.

Why should the universe operate on laws, rules and restrictions we create for it?

These are merely observations at best.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It is increasingly obviouse that you are not able to debate but just say the oposite of what other people say.

playing devils advacte in some circumstances is a positive thing... however your comments here have not been Constructive and could be construed as being intensionally confrontational and offensive.

It's fine to disagree with my or anyone elses point of view but it's not o.k. to say they are wrong without giving a valid reason for your thoughts...

As I said previously add something constructive and positive or don't post here again.

NeoN...

HaZe....

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

As I said previously add something constructive and positive or don't post here again.

Who are you referring to?

EDIT: By the way, I neither believe or disbelieve Titors story. However, I've created many threads supporting Titors claims.

[edit on 3/11/2005 by Simulacra]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
The universe is fine tuned as compared to what? What model do we have that the universe is operating the way it's supposed to? What example do we have that the universe is not 'abnormal'? There are no signifiers in which we can base our subjective observations on.

You have to remember that the simple fact that we are in the universe is bias enough that our views are not the accurate representation of the universe. It's an interpretation based on humanly created laws (time, physics, chemistry...etc) that we confine our universe in.

In essence, our universe is a prison for the restrictions we embed in it. Laws of physics, Rules of time travel. Nonsense.

Why should the universe operate on laws, rules and restrictions we create for it?

These are merely observations at best.

Interesting points there... Thanks for your post.

The simple fact is we don't have anything to compare it too of course.... However what we do know is that there are a few things we can say...

for example if the value for Gravity was different then the universe would be able to create matter in the way it does in our observable universe... Or if you believe in the Big Bang then if the balance of matter and Anti-mater had been exactly the same then the universe would have annihilated itself before it ever began to expand....

Personally I believe that you have to think one of two things....

Either John Titor was telling the truth (and there is compelling evidence now for a multiverse)

OR

John Titor was somehow linked to the creator who knows and creates everything from design...

Personally I believe the multiverse option is more desirable...

Anyway... I'm on my way home so catch you later..

NeoN HaZe...

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Who are you referring to?

EDIT: By the way, I neither believe or disbelieve Titors story. However, I've created many threads supporting Titors claims.

[edit on 3/11/2005 by Simulacra]

I was refering to super cheta but I think I ignored his posts...

when I say ignore user does that cut them out of the thread?

All the best.

NeoN

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

mythatsabigprobe
he did say the field was projected outside the vehicle, so the vehicle and airspace around it wasn't affected

If it can't affect that area, then why is it, well, affecting that area? The laser pointer is being bent. those 'microsingularities', even tho they are micro, are bending a hell of a lot of space, and distorting the laser pointer. At a minimum, they should also be 'bending' the light that is making up the rest of the image.

I've never found a thread that truely proved any of it was a hoax.

You are in one right now. The laser photo demonstrates that the whole thing is a fraud. The laser photo is a nice sort of 'special effect', but its completely stupid. A black hole is going to warp space, and everything in it, not just the pretty laser light.

I'm sorry, what? You can tell from this photo that nothing appearing within the arc of the laser is distorted?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
I'm sorry, what? You can tell from this photo that nothing appearing within the arc of the laser is distorted?

?
Is it not obvious? If the supposed microsingularity can bend the light from teh laser pointer that much, why isn't it also benging the light that is bouncing off everything and allowing us to see it?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The photo is so badly pixelated I can't tell a thing. Is it a car door in the background? Is the guy inside or outside the car? Is that a vent window in the door? How long is it since they had vent windows in cars? The 70's? Wasn't his mission to go back to the 70's?

If he's inside a car, it fits with what Titor said - the field is projected outside and the laser would be bending around the field. I really don't believe John Titor, the one video I saw of him walking into a 'timewarp' or whatever, only made me laugh - I could make it at home in 10 mins with just a flashlight and he forgot to take both his computer and his time machine with him.

I just don't see that this particular photo disproves his story though.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah

you are a deeply weird and strange indervidual..

You said that I have no Idea what I'm talking about and then you go on to confirm what I said......

Add somthing constructive to the tread or don't bother at all...

Neon.
I completely misread your post. My apologies.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have read things that say the laser isn't in the correct position, or the laser would have to have breaks in it.

There are high powered handheld lasers that will shoot a constant beam out for over 20 miles. A 100mW one would do that easily, and these can be bought.

If anyone had watched the video, no smoke or anything, but the beam was visible due to it being a high powered one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join