It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Individual Wealth Cap

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hmmm. I don't know. I really don't see how any average person can have a problem with a wealth cap that is set at a point so high that it basically affects only a very few people.

I just can't find much to complain about there. Rich people don't need my sympathy. I'm gonna say that I have more of a problem with making laws that essentially make it illegal to be poor than I do with laws that make it illegal to be richer than richer than richer. I think the people who need my sympathy are the people who have no place to go.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

LOL this is absurd

everybody deserves a trophy

it is our fault for allowing them to be passed out

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

idk how you all get to taxes. how is a cap a tax

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: idiotseverywhere

It's not, but you have confused the two things in this thread multiple times already.

Dude, go to school. You need it.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

solid debate skills, it was my opinion I was helping you be less ignorant, so if thats not the case, peace.
edit on 19-2-2020 by idiotseverywhere because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: trollz

According to you, anyway.

Many do not agree, and it is their money.

You choose to limit yourself to 75,000 dollars a year? That's fine. That's a comfortable life. Maybe someone else needs a bit more out of life? That'll take a bit more, perhaps.

It really is none of our business.

Ok, so why does Jeff Bezos need $123 billion to have a fulfilling, comfortable life? What does he "need" that $10 billion can't buy? $100 million? $10 million?
This thinking is gross materialism. The things we "need" aren't bought with billions of dollars. We don't take our money with us into the afterlife.

It has nothing to do with need. Need never enters the equation.

He created a company and his share of the company is worth that much. Other investors have determined that Amazon is worth $1 trillion and since Bezo's owns like 15% or whatever of outstanding shares of Amazon, he is now worth about $150 billion.

Again, confusing net worth with income. Yes, he is immensely rich but he does not have $150 billion.

edit on 19-2-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: idiotseverywhere

solid debate skills

better than yours but that aint saying much.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I literally said 0 times give money to the government, and you came at me like hanity or some # with the most made up nonsense Ive ever read bro.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It has nothing to do with need.

oh man
it is all feelz with these
need
deserve
fair
unfair

none of which have anything to do with individual rights, rights which they seek to trample

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If OP understood anything about Bezos wealth he might have a case in criticizing the govt. subsidies provided to Amazon.

But I just bet that OP believes that AOC actually saved millions of tax payers dollars when she ran Amazon out of NY.

I'm sorry, but OP needs more school and less Bernie Sanders propaganda.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I literally said 0 times give money to the government, and you came at me like hanity or some # with the most made up nonsense Ive ever read bro.

Okay, so what happens to the money then after the billion cap? Or whatever cap you wish to impose....

Who gets it? You?

Or are you simply content that no one gets it?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

and let me know when it dawns on you 75% of Billionaires were Born that way...

This is ATS new guy, you need to show your sources. When you did start digging you'll find your figures are way off.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

If OP understood anything about Bezos wealth he might have a case in criticizing the govt. subsidies provided to Amazon.

But I just bet that OP believes that AOC actually saved millions of tax payers dollars when she ran Amazon out of NY.

I'm sorry, but OP needs more school and less Bernie Sanders propaganda.

Exactly. That is a fair debate and worth having.

However, this incessant crying about people getting rich or having "enough money" is just tiresome. Particularly when they don't even have a basic understanding of finance. It is literally like trying to explain physics to a dog.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I've changed my mind and I agree with OP.

Lets cap all income and then lets just print enough money so everyone is a millionaire.

I bet OP thinks this is a viable option

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

that was a modest statement, if you dig you can see that the high majority were quite wealthy or in advantageous positions for wealth. I can provide a source in response to the person that was direct claiming was false(also so he claimed the majority were self made first, isn't there like a burden of proof or something for him, or is it just me that has to present facts before making statements like his?)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ok, so then should there be limits on what people can buy? Should my neighbor be able to buy automatic automated 50 cal tripods to put around his property, and an Arsenal of drones and nukes? Along with his own private army of mercs with powered armor? Should all of that be legal?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Ok, lets talk about this, hypothetically, you make it illegal to own more than- lets say, a Billion Dollars.

Doesn't this just drastically improve our economy while not really directly effecting the spending power of the elite?

Someone will probably say, how it's not ethical to cap wealth like this, but then how do you answer to a dominated economy ethically? Surely if the limit isn't a Billion Dollars, there is -some number- where an individual can just start to # our # up that has been built by millions of people over entire generations of work.

I'm all for capitalism, but I'm not really interested in turn 400 in Civ6 because Nick owns the entire map by himself.

We're a hop and a skip away from some ruthless Zuckerberg making 5 million dollars a day, and just outright buying Wisconsin or something stupid.

What if there was an actual limit to how rich a person could be, before they would be considered harmful to the environment around them?

You literally cannot look me in the face and say some of these Billionaires haven't been harmful to us all.
youtu.be...

link   
they cant help themselves
we go from billionares to gun owners

lol

you cant make this stuff up
abortion will be next?

link   
a reply to: pexx421

I like this question, because it's really what is next if there isn't a limit to capital

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

that was a modest statement, if you dig you can see that the high majority were quite wealthy or in advantageous positions for wealth. I can provide a source in response to the person that was direct claiming was false(also so he claimed the majority were self made first, isn't there like a burden of proof or something for him, or is it just me that has to present facts before making statements like his?)

Why are you so concerned with other people's money?

It's really not your concern unless it was stolen from you or earned in an unlawful manner

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join