It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 314
<< 311  312  313    315  316  317 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

i have quoted below a post i made earlier in the thread describing the exact nature of the biological mechanism involved in this.

basically, after the body has successfully produced it's antibodies, the virus can come back in and attack the immune system directly by using the antibodies to mediate entry into the immunoglobulin cells.... thus disabling the body's immunity to the virus and allowing the viral infection to penetrate more deeply the second time around.

The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses contains protrusions that will only bind to certain receptors on the host cell. Known receptors bind S1 are ACE2, ...

...The spike is essential for both host specificity and viral infectivity.

....The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses is known to be essential in the binding of the virus to the host cell at the advent of the infection process. It's been reported that 2019-nCoV can infect the human respiratory epithelial cells through interaction with the human ACE2 receptor.

....The S protein plays key parts in the induction of neutralizing-antibody and T-cell responses, as well as protective immunity. The main functions for the Spike protein are summarized as: Mediate receptor binding and membrane fusion;

.... Main component to bind with the neutralizing antibody; Key target for vaccine design; Can be transmitted between different hosts through gene recombination or mutation of the receptor binding domain (RBD), leading to a higher mortality rate.

edit on 2020-02-26T08:11:22-06:0008America/Chicago02C-0600Feb-06:00 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Malaria medicine has been experimented with to combat COVID19 virus, with claims of promising results. Also tobacco is being experimented with…
1.Malaria is a parasite, and remittentand intermittent.
2.Tobacco is a naturally occurring insecticide, and when concentrated enough it is a deadly poison. Nicotenic acid.
3.China using 'fogging' method to 'disinfect'

A lot of speculation concerning COVID19. A winged viral parasite ? Basically a tiny , but specific breed of fly that Carries the virus..like a fly that only eats Mongolian bat poop because of the diet of the bat. Their eggs are infectious, everything about the parasite contains the virus, and it can fly!
It wouldn't mutate..it would adapt..or maybe it wouldn't have to. A dislocated fly,.an abundant previously unknown food source, perhaps something as simple as particles in the human oxygenation process..Our breath.

It is a total stretch…

Iran has the highest death toll outside of China.
edit on 26-2-2020 by billjenkins589 because: content

edit on 26-2-2020 by billjenkins589 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: GlobalGold

That shouldn't be. New York was supposed to be one of three places where they were setting up to test for this thing. I guess they're sticking to the letter of "only contacts from China" or something which would be stupid.

That's it! Dr Eric Feigl-Ding has been majorly complaining about it!

Eric Feigl-Ding
Travel history— it’s becoming meaningless now with #COVID19 spreading to every continent. So then why does CDC still require travel to China to qualify for a test? Doesn’t make sense. Why haven’t they updated yet?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: billjenkins589

I think both of the trial vaccine are supposed to work through different routes than traditional. One was from an Australian group and was set for animal testing a week or so ago, and an American group had theirs ready for human trials just a few days ago.

It was supposed to work differently than the traditional vaccine route too.

Of course, just because these are in animal and human trials doesn't mean they will work at all. Edison took 100 attempts to get the lightbulb. Sure they only have to succeed once, but that once can take a lot of tries to find. And then you have to put it into production and make enough to vaccinate.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just seen these on the Beeb.

German air base locked down Luftwaffenkaserne Wahn air base in Cologne is in lockdown after a service member came into contact with a critically ill patient with suspected coronavirus,

Iran arrests 24 for 'spreading rumours' Iranian police have arrested 24 people accused of spreading rumours about the coronavirus online, AFP news agency reports. A further 118 internet users were "talked to and let go" with warnings, the head of Iran's cyberpolice force Vahid Majid said. A special unit has been created to combat "rumour-mongers" about the spread of coronavirus, Mr Majid said.

London office block evacuated Earlier US oil company Chevron closed its London office in the Canary Wharf area after two workers displayed symptoms. Later other offices in the building at Westferry Circus sent staff home over coronavirus fears.

Linky to Beeb live feed

Looks like people are starting to take this a lot more seriously now. How long before the panic sets in?
edit on 26-2-2020 by nolabel because: Missed a bit.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: marshaxt

Did he really slap his ass on the way out? Interesting.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nolabel

Looks like Iran is taking the China route for sure.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I have been following this Corona Virus since the first thread on ATS in January.

THE BAD NEWS
The virus has spread outside China and it is only a matter of time before it hits South Africa.
South Africans are NOT preparing for it.
South Africa is not prepared for it.

THE GOOD NEWS
My wife is a teacher and today they finally got a pamphlet at the school from the Department explaining the heightened alert. I will ask her if she has a copy so I can post a pic of it here.
The result of this is I have finally got her to agree that we need to stockpile and prep. FINALLY.

THE OTHER BAD NEWS
My wife is also a Protea pool player and last year they won the World Championship in England - she is deeply concerned the tournament will be cancelled (June) and they won't be able to defend their title.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Husband just called from work.

His company just issued a travel advisory for the EU. This is in addition to the travel ban on Asia. This is news because his company is based in the EU.
edit on 26-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
In the UK they are to start carrying out tests on suspected flu patients at selected hospitals and GPs to provide an early warning if the virus is spreading.

Reported Here.

Why only 8 hospitals and 100 GP practices? This should be implemented at all hospitals and GP practices.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: billjenkins589

I wouldn’t worry about that stuff, it has to do with actions inside the body. Nicotinic acid is niacin, a B vitamin. I also wouldn’t go start lighting up lucky strikes, pall malls and camel menthol wides just yet.

ETA: reason I mention the nicotinic acid is if a website is pushing data saying it’s nicotine then run far away from that website.

Nicotine could provide a benefit as a medication but that would depend on who’s funding the research, hopefully it’s not tobacco companies.
edit on 26-2-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Not sure I'd want a nicotine based medication anyhow. That might in the end be worse than opioid meds.

"Here, it'll get you over this, but you'll likely get addicted to it ..."

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Why only 8 hospitals and 100 GP practices?

Probably due to scarcity of test kits.

That's going to be our big bottleneck here in the states.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Saw a blurb on Fox first US soldier hit with the virus.

Eta if I get to my laptop before someone else can link it I'll look for it.
edit on 26-2-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah but it’s a great fat burner! Seriously I’ve had young Soldiers tell me they smoke so they can lose weight for the PT test. I would be curious about the approach though to combat CoV.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Saw a blurb on Fox first US soldier hit with the virus.

Eta if I get to my laptop before someone else can link it I'll look for it.

Was seeing that last night I think. Someone at a base in South Korea, and they're having to try and trace his contacts.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Why only 8 hospitals and 100 GP practices?

Probably due to scarcity of test kits.

That's going to be our big bottleneck here in the states.

Scarcity of kits and time it takes to do it. They need to develop a better test for it.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If nicotine and humidity have an effect against CV...Those vaping nicotine should be at lower risk.
I posited this early in the first thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm just thinking we live by the rivers and have spring coming where it's not uncommon to have higher dewpoints in this area between the two.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If you have a freezer full of meat and the power goes out, you can always slice it thin and dry it... biltong, jerky, pemmican... etc. Pack it in plastic bins and it will keep well that way.

Good point... but don't you still need power to dry it? Or are you talking about air or sun drying?

Have always meant to look into making my own beef jerky, pemmican, and other forms of dried meats for long term storage.

new topics

top topics

<< 311  312  313    315  316  317 >>

join