It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Navy Now Wants To Retire The First Four Of Its Troublesome Littoral Combat Ships

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
So i'm not sure how much of this is geared towards getting what they want int he next budget request, but the USN is all but admitting now that the LCS is a total and utter debacle and will never be ready for anything but perhaps anti piracy runs. They are still building them. Maybe we can sell the whole run to Saudi or Taiwan

and yes I get that these first run ships are a bit creaky, but they are only 12 years old.

It was something many of us saw as a near-certain eventuality, the Navy has formally announced that it wants to retire its first four Littoral Combat Ships. Split evenly across both the Freedom and Independence classes of the failed Littoral Combat Ship concept, the oldest of the vessels was commissioned just 12 years ago, the youngest a mere six years ago. Yes, you read that right—six years ago!
www.thedrive.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Little crappy ship i’ve heard it called.

Totally useless burden on the US Navy.

I certainly hope the people responsible for it’s procurement are no longer in the service.

Of course that wouldn’t address the larger issue of defence contractors ripping off the pentagon at every opportunity.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Good! They were crap right from the get go. Everyone I knew who got attached to one of those got stuck dead in the water at least once.

They tried to send me to one, and luckily I was able to pull a fast one and get my orders switched.

The LHD class isn't much better. A buddy of mine was on the Wasp and they were stuck in the yards for (if my memory is correct) at least a year due to critical failures. The whole time he was stationed on that rust bucket it was plagued with problems.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

just had a look jeez what a ugly looking boat

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Weren't these touted as the cats meow and cost a bloody fortune? Why the hell does the pentagon authorize uber-expensive useless projects like this?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Simple, just make a Dooms Day bomb.

Retrofit the dam thing
Does anybody even have the faintest idea how big an area it takes to contain one Trillion dollars ? www.youtube.com...

Were living in Impure fantasy, absolutely delusional.

join