It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Members of China's Military Indicted Over Massive Equifax Data Breach - WSJ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

WASHINGTON—Four members of China’s military have been indicted by the U.S. government on charges of hacking into Equifax Inc. and plundering sensitive data on nearly 150 million Americans as part of a massive heist that also stole trade secrets from the credit reporting agency.

Four Members of China's Military Indicted Over Massive Equifax Data Breach - WSJ

I had no idea the Chinese were responsible for that massive data breach of people's personal & financial information!

With all of the bad news coming out related to China, the conspiracy minded Riff is beginning to wonder if this isn't a giant PsyOp to prepare the US citizenry for war with China.

Stranger things have happened...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I had no idea the Chinese were responsible for that massive data breach of people's personal & financial information!

I'm quite sure there's a lot of hacks that neither you, I or many others will ever hear about, such is the nature of cyber warfare

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

With all of the bad news coming out related to China, the conspiracy minded Riff is beginning to wonder if this isn't a giant PsyOp to prepare the US citizenry for war with China.

I also started to wonder about all that. The virus first, then the Pompeo warnings yesterday and now this ?

It's moving fast. Whatever it is.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
China is a nation of thieves as has been shown over and over.

They steal our ideas and make knock offs.
They steal our personal data and create fake personas.
They steal our intellectual property.
They steal our social security numbers.
They steal our phone numbers and try and scam everyone in America daily, numerous times a day.

I hope Trump continues to pound China's economy into the ground to the point of no recovery.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Yeah, but the government is pointing out the Chinese ones. Like pre - justifying.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sounds more like a -

"They found us out... Lets do something that will make them think we're still on their side and we weren't directly responsible".

Easy for them to say that they arrested whoever...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The chinese are a threat and one we must proceed caution with.

They are the making of our greedy corporations.

Trump is the first President to push back against the chinese, this is why my faith in him is massive, I think he is the right guy to fight them.
edit on 10-2-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

We actually give them more than they steal as part of corporate agreements on doing business there. The American people have no one to blame except themselves since they want their consumerist garbage and they want it cheap.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

We had a presentation in work last week and the Chinese were pointed out as our most prolific attackers at present.

Got nothing thus far so I'll flip Experian the bird and be smug, for now at least .

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

We had a presentation in work last week and the Chinese were pointed out as our most prolific attackers at present.

Got nothing thus far so I'll flip Experian the bird and be smug, for now at least .

Great to see your company being proactive about this threat.

What type of business is it?

Just curious...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Cannot say for obvious reasons but I'll be chatting to the ITSec Boys in the morning.

They'll be smug as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

It's easy to accuse anyone.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

We actually give them more than they steal as part of corporate agreements on doing business there. The American people have no one to blame except themselves since they want their consumerist garbage and they want it cheap.

This.

We willingly exported jobs and economic power when we didn't buy from the local guy because we wanted to save ten percent by going to big box stores (I'm guilty too).

When you pay ten percent more though, that money stays in a community. More people have jobs with someone who knows them and their family and are more likely to make sure they're taken care of.

We sold out, and sold out hard.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You are so right. Trump has known about the Chinese shenanigans and sell-out for a long time, long before he became president.

Just a reminder: (The below article was written in 2015)

Lest We Forget Chinagate, The Most Serious Scandal in US History

edit on 10-2-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It doesn't help that half if the house and Senate have been on China's payroll for years..

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Riffrafter

It's easy to accuse anyone.

True.

But when the Attorney General does it, along with the Wall St Journal, I tend to pay attention.

Do you not think the Chinese were responsible?

If not the Chinese - who do you think did it?

edit on 2/10/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

But when the Attorney General does it, along with the Wall St Journal, I tend to pay attention.

Paying attention, yes, believing is another thing.

I don't have enough information to have an opinion, but who could gain the most from that event?

What can be done with the information that was taken?

edit on 11/2/2020 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Paying attention, yes, believing is another thing.

I don't have enough information to have an opinion, but who could gain the most from that event?

What can be done with the information that was taken?

Good questions and I don't have the answers either.

But as far as what can be done with the information, having all of someones personal info, such that you can claim to actually be that person i.e. - commit identity theft - is an awful lot of economic incentive - n'est pas?

edit on 2/11/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Could be.

Of course, it might be that the tragedy of the last three years was that the real problem all along was China and all of the "U.S." companies who climbed into bed with the CCP to get a shot at their half-million consumer strong (and growing) market and all of the squirrelly anti-American/anti-freedom nonsense they had to do to appease the "party."

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Equifax, not Experian. They're competitors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join