It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My main flaw...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You're probably overthinking it, but I know where you're coming from because I have the same problem. I can never fully get out what I am thinking clear enough, and it frustrates the hell out of me, but when I have ever said this to people, they are oblivious to it and say I'm coming across fine.

From my perspective, I like how you come across! it probably helps that I agree with you a lot so I'm aware of that bias, but stepping back I still see no problem with how you express yourself.

I see a lot of people writing walls of text yet never really saying anything, that's the worse! Especially when they try to sound intellectual purposely without it being natural, I just don't have time for that.

Where I grew up and in my life it was always pretty much, get straight to the point, be blunt, and don't skirt around. I like that style of communication, I'm used to it, it leaves less room for interpretation, But when I have met people not used to that, it can be a bit rough, and then I start questioning myself and doubts set in. I see you somewhere in there.

edit on VamMonday58am229 by valiant because: Nom

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You've got a pm.

Since the notifications don't work anymore and we have to be off topic in threads.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I find myself sometimes writing about a subject I really enjoy, and just loose my train of thought. When earlier in the day I'd have a whole dialogue in my head of points and opinions to say, but when it comes time to putting those thought processes into writing, it just goes 'poof', out the window.

I get distracted very easily, which might be part of the problem. You are right tho, it's not really a flaw to be honest. A little bit of a stretch.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Nothin
What keeps your ball rolling ?

Looking around a lot so there are ALWAYS possibilities.

Seemingly endless tangents of possibilities: why would we expect it to be 'easy' to hold-on to merely one, for a few minutes, to write it down ?

Is there such a thing as lightning in a bottle ?

Does there not seem to be at least a couple of layers of separation, between thoughts, and getting them written-down ?
Meanwhile: the thoughts continue, to rise-up, and distraction occurs.

Maybe writing and thinking are completely different ?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

To me ranting is a type of complaining, and selfish, it's a mindset that I have always had. Guess I am too much of a nice guy.

Articulation is something I am not quite getting at, but I know what you mean. My main struggle is putting my articulation into stone (words). This is why I think conversation, civil conversation is important, bounce ideas off one another.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
If your stupid dumb human brian can't remember it, you don't know it correctly so why record a false understanding?

Try looking through your search history. Read it all again. Even what remains in the mind is a novice conclusion, seperated by mere days yet intellectual Mikes apart from today's thought, and tomorrows.

You'll laugh at your old ideas if you forget them. Write them down and youre the next Moses,Joseph Smith, Elizabeth Warren, etc. Youll believe your own # and force it upon others. Not a good thing.

<< 1   >>

join