It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My main flaw...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Within the last few years of my life I have found myself putting my mindset towards life into actual words through conversation, oral debate, and mental thought processes.

More specifically, I am in a constant state of mental dialectic, time and time again I find I am almost in a strict cognitive dissonance with myself to think of new ideas, philosophical ideas and subjects. And I go through this in my mind over and over, until I get basically distracted by 'real life', and I just simply, poof, forget it all.

One of my main flaws is I have a hard time getting what I am thinking down into writing, ATS really does push me to the edge with a lot of my comments, but I find myself either not explaining my thought processes correctly, incomplete, or just in a sort of a state of disarray.
I think recognizing this flaw can really build me as a person, this is simply a rant I want to get off my chest, and one step closer to actually building myself in terms of putting my thoughts into words.

In true Canadian fashion... sorry for ranting.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You have nothing to be sorry for.

No one is perfect. I struggle sometimes with trying to articulate myself.

I think your writing is just fine.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Just spitballing here... But I'm having a hard time determining if you're more frustrated in not articulating your stances/mentality to yourself, or others.

Personally if it's yourself, than yes... I implore you hone that in. Introspection is one of the most important things (at least for myself) I'm balancing my mood, well being, focus, and foundation for everything.

If you can do that you won't have a problem explaining it to others... Or when you can't, you won't care, because you're at peace with it to yourself.

Just my impression of your open aired thoughts. Maybe I saw it in the wrong angle though.

Cheers, good luck with your journey.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I am always at odds between who I want to be and who I am. I don’t think that is a flaw as much as it is part of the human condition.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You have nothing to be sorry for.

No one is perfect. I struggle sometimes with trying to articulate myself.

I think your writing is just fine.

All you say may be true, but you are probably the most kind and gentle person beaming with positivity that I have ever encountered on the internet. I imagine you smelling like chocolate chip cookies and a warm campfire. I find it hard to believe you've ever uttered a word you regret because each word is like a magical gumdrop that you bless the world with.

Okay. I'm going to stop gushing now because it's become embarrassing. I'm not even compelled to be sarcastic to you. What have you done to me?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Well, she is an Elven Princess after all.

She touches us all.

P

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Wow, I wasn't expecting that! I am honored. Oh and by the way, the chocolate cookie smell is probably true. Hugs!

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Awwww, thank you mighty Wolf Lord! Hugs!

Sorry Strongfp for being off topic. Back to you now. How are you feeling now? Better I hope.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Lots of people never take the time to put what they think down into writing. Lots do. What you wrote was perfectly lucid and simple to understand. To me it seems you've got a good grasp on it.

The more you read good writing the better you yourself will get at organizing thoughts to write. And the more you write the easier it will become.

I find that when I am silent and writing I can express myself much easier than if I'm talking. I don't know why. I'm a shy person by nature, although I try and be outgoing and social. I am NOT anti-social, but I am timid. There are things I am not shy of though.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I know I am guilty of shooting from the hip a lot of times not articulating a statement properly.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Wow, I wasn't expecting that! I am honored. Oh and by the way, the chocolate cookie smell is probably true. Hugs!

LOL, of course the chocolate chip smell is true. You're like the answer the universe has in response to my existence. You are rainbows and candy counteracting my dark clouds and broccoli.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Well, she is an Elven Princess after all.

She touches us all.

P

Yeah aye, NightStar.....Dreaming. Wait!!!! Hangon,,,,, (Shakes head) this thread is about strongfp. Sorry dude. I am with you with regards your thoughts. If you put your words in context then you have no reason to offer an explanation. Then again you will be challenged on this site as you know, i.e. Links? or 'pics?' I suggest that if you cannot offer those or either one then post an uninformed response just like this one. Otherwise "Thread drift" as you can see here.

Your posts are fine mate. Don't need to tell you otherwise. All is good.

Rant...nah mate. Admission...yep. You're cool. Can't say the same for Ksihkehe, Nightstar, Pheonix358, Critical Stinker or Metallicus. Herrr heerrr herrr. Chortle. Sniff.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 9-2-2020 by bally001 because: comprehension

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

But vote we did ?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I wish i would be a able to articulate myself better here too.

MY lack of skill in English grammar is mostly to blame , plus i pick apart every sentence , removing stuff.

And i spend like 90% of the time writing responses and then ending up not posting , like i write a response for 20 minutes and i end up pressing the cross on my browser.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

What's your rant about ?

All I see is a normal ATS member. Here, we're all weird one way or the other. You don't want to be normal, too boring.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
I wish i would be a able to articulate myself better here too.
MY lack of skill in English grammar is mostly to blame , plus i pick apart every sentence , removing stuff.
And i spend like 90% of the time writing responses and then ending up not posting , like i write a response for 20 minutes and i end up pressing the cross on my browser.

One of the main reasons I became a member was to improve my English. Believe me, it was a lot worse

edit on 9-2-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

All you say may be true, but you are probably the most kind and gentle person beaming with positivity that I have ever encountered on the internet. I imagine you smelling like chocolate chip cookies and a warm campfire. I find it hard to believe you've ever uttered a word you regret because each word is like a magical gumdrop that you bless the world with.

Okay. I'm going to stop gushing now because it's become embarrassing. I'm not even compelled to be sarcastic to you. What have you done to me?

Imagine my surprise mistakenly reading your reply as if it were to the OP.
Makes sense for Night Star though.

OP: You probably have problems conveying your deep thoughts not because you're philosophically & intellectually deeper than the average person. A rant about "I'm so smart, even I can't figure me out, nor explain it to you" probably holds the seeds of its own diagnosis.

But you are very bright.
edit on 9-2-2020 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I don't think it's a "flaw" but an "obstacle" or a "challenge" getting things on paper. If it was easy you would probably not be able to savour the details and nuances of your thoughts that can contain the diamonds or write what can be understood at a later date or by others.

I perhaps send or post about only 25% of what I write here and elsewhere and have been a recent witness to someone else sending me emails of self-affermation which were an obvious relief exercise and should not have been sent but read, re-read, edited, re-read, recognised, understood and then deleted. Thoughtless words can be bloody painfull and plain stupid sometimes, especially if written.

I learned to write a little more responsibly many years ago when I joined HERE. Not always, but mostly.

Something else I have learned but through conversation, is that if it takes a lot of effort and time to explain something to someone and the first response is a non thought process question like "what do you mean?" instead of something relevant to something specific to keep THEIR ball rolling, you are perhaps wasting energy.
The trick is knowing when to quit and how to do it without upsetting the other person. Frustrating for both parties. You wanna talk and they wanna understand, but the thought frequencies and levels are not connecting to "flow" and it always needs a certain amount of imagination to visualise what is being told. I loose people at the first hurdle all the time.

Invest a little in all who hear you and a lot in the few who LISTEN.

Thanks for a pleasant rant.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Hi Nerb.
Also struggle to fit these thoughts, into tiny words.
But: should we see this as a flaw, like Strong suggested ?

Words can be so limiting ?
Do we think in words ?
Most would say yes, but not here, for have seen it differently.
Am bilingual you see, and have noticed that most thoughts, pondering, and contemplation, etc., occurs beyond language.

What keeps your ball rolling ?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
What keeps your ball rolling ?

Looking around a lot so there are ALWAYS possibilities.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join