It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London's Soho evacuated , bomb discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Police have evacuated the area after the bomb was discovered a couple of hours ago , army bomb disposal teams are on route to the area and police have issued an image of the man thought responsible.

The bomb was discovered by builders working in Dean St and is believed to date back to WW2 , the number of these things still poping up makes me wonder how it is the Germans actually managed to bomb our chippy.

Around 60 unexploded bombs have been found every year since 2010. Data before this date was not collected.
www.standard.co.uk...

edit on 3-2-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
In today's climate politically you might want to clarify in the title that it's an old bomb and not some terrorist plot

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I remember when I was stationed in Germany they had found one under the road near where I was. It is scary to know one could be under the road waiting to go off.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
In today's climate politically you might want to clarify in the title that it's an old bomb and not some terrorist plot

For whatever reason, when I read the title I thought leftover from WWII but you make a good point.

I wonder what % of munitions dropped did not explode?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It seems a decent percentage didn't explode given the amount that are still being found , I guess this one is left over from the Blitz.

Perhaps in this post Brexit world we should start charging Germany for the clear up.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: putnam6

For whatever reason, when I read the title I thought leftover from WWII but you make a good point.

Yea I am distracted supposed to be working LOL so just saw Soho Evacuated bomb and thought Oh crap here we go again... While still a major concern and dangerous as hell, at least it's not there for current nefarious reasons, and the guilty have long been taking care of.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

A lot! These things are basically found every year in European countries. Thousands of people get evacuated at times. Most of the time no one get's hurt, luckily. Sometimes people do die though.

I'm also for changing the thread title, as I also thought it was a (failed) terorist attack.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Perhaps in this post Brexit world we should start charging Germany for the clear up.

Unexploded Allied bombs are regularly found in German cities, too.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard

I'm also for changing the thread title, as I also thought it was a (failed) terorist attack.

The London Blitz was a terror attack as it indiscriminately targeted and killed ordinary Londoners , this particular one failed to explode causing distress and danger decades later , so much for German engineering !

As for changing the title it's accurate and concise , interpretations put on it by members is a matter for said members.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Unexploded Allied bombs are regularly found in German cities, too.

Allied bombs and British bombs are two different things ... all of our bombs exploded !

Evidence to the contrary is Fake News.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You got a very weird sense of humour. Ever heard of delay-action bombs? They we're built not to detonate on impact by Brits too.
At least 10% are still slumbering.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

At least 10% are still slumbering.

70 years seems a long slumber , more like hibernation.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
it's actually rather scary just how much unexploded ammunition, bombs, ,mines, and even ships full of explosive materials are all over Europe, especially France. and forget about ww2, France has a lot of unexploded and dangerous ordinance still from ww1. some of the worst is a huge mine in France from ww1. and the UK has a ship close to land that is filled with explosives. and the problem is trying to deal with things like that are just as likely to cause them to blow up as letting them sit. and are a huge danger to anyone nearby. heck i understand France still has a lot of areas where you are forbidden to go due to the extreme dangers of unexploded ordinance.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Me talking to the soho unexploded bomb from world war 2:

Ok Boomer
edit on 3/2/2020 by JPtruther because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join