It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Wilson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I had no idea that this lady was that cool, AND, could play the way that she did. I mean, yeah, anyone that can hear would know that she can play, but while watching this, I REALLY appreciated what she could do.
ALL of the comments are positive too, and they are right in my opinion, she is a real class act.
I am literally mesmerized with her ability and her warmth.

Now, back when they came out she was VERY skinny, and I don't ever remember her being shown in any close-ups, (remember the horrible T.V. resolution that we had years ago too) it was always on her sister. I 'assumed" very stupidly, in fact, that she was a skinny druggie type, then she got the boob job and got more attention, at least to her mooglies.
How wrong I must've been! I apologize, Miss Wilson.
I look at her now and think that she never really got the recognition that I feel that she deserved, her sister did, but this lady is WOW!
(At least that is the way I saw it, I am sure some here will disagree)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yep, she's warm like you said.....in Seattle by Lake Wash she has Nancy's Mile

She keeps the roadway in the nice area tidy and she walks down to the park on the shore and talks....

I talked to her once and was goin to confront her jokingly about how her and her sister need to explain the lyrics

The lyrics on one song.....IF YOU LIKE FUNKING , DEAL ME IN.....

She has a song she sings.....with Ann doing chorus.....flawless
edit on 3-2-2020 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Nancy was as good a guitar player as Ann was a singer! They're both just amazingly talented. I saw them play live a couple of times. Just awesome!

For some reason I always liked this song:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Heart could bring the rock!!! mostly because of the Wilson sisters Barracuda's an all time favorite

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Listen to their performance at the end! Just amazing even at this point in their career!!!

edit on 3-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Listen to their performance at the end! Just amazing even at this point in their career!!!

Yep they are awesome been posted before but here is the Kennedy Center tribute where they performed Stairway to Heaven it never gets old.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Yep, she's warm like you said.....in Seattle by Lake Wash she has Nancy's Mile

She keeps the roadway in the nice area tidy and she walks down to the park on the shore and talks....

I talked to her once and was goin to confront her jokingly about how her and her sister need to explain the lyrics

The lyrics on one song.....IF YOU LIKE FUNKING , DEAL ME IN.....

She has a song she sings.....with Ann doing chorus.....flawless

Yeah, you're right, she can sing, but she's no Ann, and Ann's no Nancy.

That's good that she really is as nice as you say, and they say, it's always a good thing to hear.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
Who doesn't like Dog and Butterfly?

I agree, she is the real deal.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I have seen this before, it is pretty awesome!

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

OMG.. thank you for posting that ! Never have seen their induction into the Rock and Roll hall of fame.
Whoever hasn’t seen this vid , and enjoys Heart, really needs to take a few minutes to view.

And you are totally correct in saying their energy and talent is still amazingly strong considering their age now.
Rock on all members of Heart !❤️
edit on 3-2-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
She did some work with Alice in Chains on the Sap EP; Brother and Am I Inside, IIRC.

The Heart stuff from the 80's was much different than the 70's, but still pretty darn good.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You owe yourself two items to track down: Nancy's album, Live at McCabe's Guitar Shop, and, Lovemonger's studio version of Battle of Evermore.

The Lovemongers was a name they created so they could release music without the "Heart" association. I think my copy is on the Singles soundtrack (her husband wrote that movie as a love letter to Seattle. Nirvana was going to be in it as just some club band but had a tour to go to. Instead, they got AiC!! The fake band had a fake CD with song names written out with no music; Chris Cornell took the CD home and recorded the whole entire album! A couple songs ended up on the soundtrack as well. In other words, you can't go wrong with the soundtrack!).

Heart - Battle of Evermore, Live, Seattle, 2003

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Awesome ladies! Talented vocally and musically! I got to see them live many years ago and remember meeting a couple of the guys in their road crew who spoke very highly of them as the wonderful women that they were.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Oh, that Nancy Wilson. At first, I thought I thought you were talking about this Nancy Wilson

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Great band! Started listening to them in the mid 70’s when they first came out. I’ve had a crush on Nancy for a good 40+yrs, lol. I had a HS band that had a female singer and we played a bunch of Heart tunes. I remember some not being all that easy to play. Nancy is a very technical player as well as H. Leese. Good memories with Heart.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I always liked Nancy. She's a real rocker. Have to either eat healthy or do drugs to keep the weight down. The obesity thing kills it. Vercucca Salt, same thing going on. One Jet engine and one blimp. Just doesn't work. All I think about is what is she eating. Stop it.

new topics

top topics

join