It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating bats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: Liquesence

Interesting enough, the last time I made chili using ground pork, the pork smells, literally, like # (and I get it from a good butcher).

I’ve had this problem with both pork and beef but mostly pork. It’s like it smells like a barnyard with stinky hay and excrements. Not sure why that is but it happens periodically. Was really bad when I was pregnant.

I heard many times the smell you are talking about is from animals that haven't been castrated. Happens with pigs and goats too, as I've been told by farmers.

Never had a chance to confirm that.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

i love a bacon sandwich and i'm part jewish mind you cranny g would spin in her grave

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I’m calling shenanigans on that one.
I worked on a local pig farm when I was in high school and we snipped all the male piglets except for the ones being kept for breading.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ozzy Osbourne eats bats and still rocking

Here comes the old myth buster , me.
That has totally been debunked many years ago.
They were fake , except the one time a fan threw a real one on stage.
Ozzy was rushed to the hospital immediately

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Cats occasionally kill bats, but I have not see them eat them. I would never even consider eating a bat, they carry fleas and lots of diseases. Cats do eat flying squirrels though, actually we had an outdoor cat that was obsessed with flying squirrels. He never left a scrap of meat off of them go to waste.

I would never eat crows either, they are always eating trash around here. Same with seagulls. I have eaten earthworms and chocolate covered grasshoppers, but that is as far as it goes. If there was a big disaster, I would not eat grasshoppers unless they were chocolate coated.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Sheye

I do not eat a lot of pork, at all. Maybe a few times a year, and moderately. With the chili, I just wanted to mix things up. I have never had beef smell like that except once, and I threw it out without cooking it—because I have never had beef that smelled like it had ground ass mixed with it.

As far as bats, maybe fruit bats, otherwise where's the meat?!

Try some ground rump roast. Tastes exactly like ground up cow ass!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Eating bats probably for thousand of years. Only after running a simulation funded by illkillbill gates people got sick.
Smells like depopulation. Problem reaction solution. In the end people got less freedom.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Ozzy Osbourne eats bats and still rocking

Here comes the old myth buster , me.
That has totally been debunked many years ago.
They were fake , except the one time a fan threw a real one on stage.
Ozzy was rushed to the hospital immediately

And you tell me that now after all these years ?

You just changed my survival food menu radically. And no, I doesn't taste like chicken.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I’m calling shenanigans on that one.
I worked on a local pig farm when I was in high school and we snipped all the male piglets except for the ones being kept for breading.

Just did a little research. My farmer friends are right, it's true my friend.

The main purpose of castration in pigs is to prevent boar taint, which is present in the meat of some entire males once they reach puberty.

It's called "Boar taint". That affects the meat. Check this out :

Boar taint: androstenone and skatole.

Boar taint is a defect affecting certain sensory properties of meat (odour and taste). It can be discerned when the meat is cooked or eaten and is considered unpleasant by many consumers.

www.fawec.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I'll be damned ...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well, I won't ever eat a bat, starving or otherwise.
They are very useful, eating all the bugs around here.

Now, squirrels and rabbits?

Not nearly as useful, much cuter, and taste, I'm guessing (since I've never had bat), much better and more meat on them. So they would be my go to, if I was that hungry.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Bluntone22

These animals, along with others,are not meant to be
food,they are unclean.

Neither are they suppose to carry fking diseases that can spread to humans by touching.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Blaine91555

To each culture its own...

That would be my take on life.

We spend far too much time obsessing over our meaningless differences.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Interesting enough, the last time I made chili using ground pork, the pork smells, literally, like # (and I get it from a good butcher).

I’ve had this problem with both pork and beef but mostly pork. It’s like it smells like a barnyard with stinky hay and excrements. Not sure why that is but it happens periodically. Was really bad when I was pregnant.

I have an above average sense of smell. I rarely eat pork other than bacon. I ate pork once and the smell put me over the edge. The only way I could describe it is that it smelled like an old man smell..
I know about the stinky hay smell too. Yes that is very common.
edit on 3-2-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: JAGStorm

I looked up some pictures and it doesn't look like a poverty type of food just something exotic.

Just like oysters and lobsters were once poverty food. Now they are exotic.
Fried chicken was poor people food at one time, now it is probably one of the more expensive fast foods.

I guarantee you bat was poor people food at one point, and probably still is in remote places.
I watch tons of food documentaries and people will eat just about anything that is close to them. So if they live near a cave, they are probably eating bats. One region in china they would catch a bunch of honeybees and fry them up. It looked horrible, but they sure seemed to love them.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I have an above average sense of smell. I rarely eat pork other than bacon. I ate pork once and the smell put me over the edge. The only way I could describe it is that it smelled like an old man smell..
I know about the stinky hay smell too. Yes that is very common.

Well .. I’m happy I’m not the only one with that issue. Don’t like feeling like the odd duck.😆
Please check your pm’s JAGStorm.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Leftists think bats are awesome, Batman is a lefty, DC is the peoples diary.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join