It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Washington lock down an American city like China did with Wuhan?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The way this is spreading it will not be one or two cities on quarantine, but the whole nation. Public transport will shut down, industry will close its doors and any large gatherings will be discouraged. With the fear factor a lot of it will be self imposed, most people will just not want to go out, unless they really have to.

People will still move around in much reduced numbers. While some of the main roads might get road blocks depending on local conditions, it is near impossible to stop someone on foot if they want to get around over such a large area. Stopping fuel deliveries will put a quick stop to a lot of car travel.

As the hospitals get overwhelmed with patients, FEMA camps or similar facilities may open up to contain and try to treat the sick. Remote communities will fair much better in maintaining an effective quarantine. Larger cities will be more focused on treating the disease, save who they can, burn the rest.

The long incubation period (7-14 days) and long virus survival period outside of a host (3 weeks) will require a long quarantine period to be effective (2-3 months). How society will go in starting back up again after such a long shut down and potentially high death toll is going to be a challenging time.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wa reply to: kwakakev

Man has come back from greater challenges than this one. I have faith in what we can do when we let level heads prevail, and we work together for the better of the whole.

Call me fickle, but I have seen what people are capable of when we deal strictly with the challenge at hand. Of course things will go back to the pettiness when all is well.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
No... Washington DC could not ----> there is not a Central Planners in DC like there is in China

the Mayor and State Governor would be involved first, then request FEMA/DHS/NGs to be deployed in the City

remember that the USAFed uses China a sand-box to Beta Test stuff, including shutdowns/Exile/migrations

Wouldn't you just need to get enough national guard to block the rail and road, and use drones to watch the gaps in between?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The distrust and confusion will be exacerbated if people fear that they will be quarantined unfairly cases will go underground.
Federal agents can update as the need arises for defining "ill" people.
Apprehend those they suspect of being "ill" quarantine or isolate them pending a medical review, with little heed to due process and informed consent.
shtf...I wont step foot into a hospital they will have to carry me in on a stretcher.
Go to your own doctor and next thing you know people in white suits show up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join