It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Win a trip to the moon! 1 return trip a week, 2 winners (HYPOTHETICAL)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
HYPOTHETICAL

My hypothetical company possesses a hypothetical verified state-of-the-art vessel which will offer luxury return voyages to the moon (capabilities verified; verified demonstrations - technology, functions and propulsion technology and technique are all trade secrets, unpatented). I will be conducting a weekly global lottery where entrants only have to pay US$10.00 to enter and have to possess a verified passport of a recognised country (sorry, Sealanders) and be over 16. Only two winners per week. However, entrants can buy as many tickets as they wish for a chance to win.

How much revenue do you think I'd generate per week from lottery ticket sales/how many people do you think would enter?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I’ll pay $20 an entry if you take out the return trip.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I’ll pay $20 an entry if you take out the return trip.

It's US$10 an entry, regardless, so you'd get two entries. The winning package is always a return trip.

The problem with a winner requesting a one-way trip is that governments may express outrage and cause grief if my company drops their citizens on the moon and doesn't bring them back etc.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Does this hypothetical company offer on moon amenities?

Or is it a fly by, and sling shot home?

Could the abundance of extra revenue generated by the lottery, be used to offset the cost of a regular trip for the average citizens?
If so, you may just be the John Hammond of the Moon!

ETA, also, where do you plan on selling the tickets for this lottery?
Online exclusively?
Or at corner stores like the current lottery system.
I think if you made tickets available both online and in every corner store, world wide...you would be stupid rich every single week
edit on 31-1-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join