It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farming Simulator 19 Free now on Epic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
When I'm not shooting people in the face in RD2 or Metro Exodus I do like to relax with a simulator , mostly racing sims but I do also drive a train in Train Sim World ... just watching the world go by.

I wouldn't want to be a farmer in the real world because it's to much work but virtually the prospect seems more appealing so when Epic revealed their next free game would be Farming Simulator 19 my interest was piqued , the game has just gone live so I'm typing this while downloading just in case anyone else fancies a taste of the simple life ... for free.

The only question is ... livestock or arable ?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I would rather do real farming than doing a simulation.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Real farming is a 24/7 all weathers job , Farming Simulator can be played indoors in the warm and has a save feature ... I know which I prefer.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Ah well, unfortunately Epic seems to hate linux and has done nothing but give linux users the middle finger since they opened their store and to the point of removing support for games that were already supported on linux and mac. # epic and their fortnite money sucked out of children of parents with too much money.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

The overall data will be fed into a neural network, that will develop the most useful super robo farmer ever created!

This is how AI starts, training examples...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Great tip! I was using... it. forfreelikewhatever just for testing.
Now I might be able to switch languages, too?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I got this game installed and played it for about a month...it is great but I couldn't resist hacking it to get unlimited money.

Now I'm bacķ to Simcity.

Peace
edit on 30-1-2020 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the suggestion, do you happen to have a D/L link?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

You need an Epic store account to download the game , some think it's bad because of those who are part of Epic but I go where the cookies are.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I've harvested , cleared , cultivated and chased birds off my freshly seeded land , I got my helper to do the third field as I need at least one done with uniform straight lines ... now just wait for the cash to roll in.

Good game so far.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Not me...I have 180 acres in cotton and onions. Much farming in Texas is done by corporations that just hire illegals to do the dirty work. My lease is to a company with over 10,000 acres under cultivation that also own the cotton gins and other infrastructure to process the vegetable crops.

This ain't no game...it's serious business. Capitalism, and now that 420 products are legal in NM. Perhaps it's time I leased some farmland as well.

edit on 30-1-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Still C$32.99 on Steam.
Tried the FS # 11, and never really got to get anything going.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have been kind of disappointed since the Darksiders games .
Yet , I realize everyone does not have the same choice of games that I do.
I am not complaining and I may still get Farming Simulator just for a change.
I waited literally to the last minute before I got Shadow Tactics , and that turned out great.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
In highschool Ag class they had SimFarm and it was part of the class curriculum to play. I remember strawberries being my cash crop and getting an A in the class.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
***Sit Rep***
Mistakes happened.

3.5 hours into my first farm and I've crashed my tractor , grown weeds and lost my money , things are looking bleak.

The game's looking good though , great graphics and gameplay are the icing on a fun simulation that's easy to get invested in and hopefully in my case learn from your mistakes and fight through to survival.

It's still free until tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

join