It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Mail: Advice and Opinions Wanted/Needed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hi everyone this is my first post, although I have been visiting this site for years and years. My first thread comes because I am in need of some help. I live with my fiancé and our 1 year old daughter in southeast Wisconsin. We are both 31 years old and We have lived in the house for nearly 2 years and have been loving life. Today we received a letter in the mail. It was sent with no return address and addressed to occupant. In the envelope was a small cut out piece of paper with a copied message that reads,

Jesus is returning soon, be patient. Fear and Obey the LORD. Read Luke 21:1-38 Luke 12:40 Luke 17:34-36

After reading the verses my fiancé and I became a bit uneasy. After discussion we are still unsure what to make of it. Has anyone else receive anything like this? Is it a group sending these letters out in mass? Was it specifically meant for us?

The little info on the envelope has the post office stamp on it. It came for a post office in Illinois, another state. I am on a phone right no which won’t allow me to upload a photo of the envelope and piece of paper. This is nothing Like either of us have ever seen. I have asked a few members of my family and some friends their opinions but figured I come here to the pros.
We look forward to hearing what you all thing and I will try to get a picture of the note and envelope up as soon as possible. Thanks for the help!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Suranwrap200
Jesus is returning soon, be patient. Fear and Obey the LORD. Read Luke 21:1-38 Luke 12:40 Luke 17:34-36

Relax. It was a stupid mass mailing.

Also, don't hold your breath waiting for Jesus to make an appearance.

God is real. There's more than one. God has no interest in your fear.

Obey? Don't do stupid stuff around a god and you'll be good-to-go.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Pretty common down south here, just mass mailing like the above poster said.

Some of the bigger churches to that more often that you would think.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I remember when chain mails were the going thing.....
You should be ok
Adding that as a disclaimer....

edit on 1/29/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That’s what I was learning towards but the handwritten envelope through me off. Also with with nothing to indicate it came from an organization and not a individual. a reply to: Deplorable

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the peace of mind. However I will still post a picture when I am able to just to confirm.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Suranwrap200

Like Maverick1 said, "Big churches do that a lot." They get their youth involved and they're pumping envelopes out in volume. They only print what they need to land a note in your box.

The value of that stamp will take a note from your house to your neighbor across the street ... or from Florida all the way out to Hawaii. Gotta love the USPS for that. Buy stamps when they don't have a cash value printed on them ... and they're like an investment of sorts.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

What the others have said. I get those all the time. Just ignore it.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Embarrassing from a Christian perspective.
To lazy to get involved in people’s lives by helping and caring for people, to lazy to be friends and prefer to judge and condemn the “sinners” they resort to
Mailing lists, so disappointing

Went to a church once where they wanted to advertise at a cinema complex and put stickers on their cars, anything and everything but care

Please ignore the idiocy and my apologies on behalf of stupid christianity

If you want to know about Jesus, just ask someone

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You have been marked for the new passover.. no blood on your door will help you now!!!!

Prepare your first born child!!!!!

Mua ha ha ha ha...

ha ha...

ha?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Was it really hand-written, or just a font that appears handwritten?

I've gotten mail, thought it was a real piece of mail, only to find it was spam mail.
They'll do anything to get you to open that envelope.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You’re right and I completely forgot about those. I m glad you reminded me. I’m excited to look back at those.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What did you think? Chinese lanterns?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What did you think? Chinese lanterns?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The envelope was handwritten in blue in and addressed to occupant. The 3 inch by two inch paper Inside was hand written and photocopied. It included in an error though. I only have access to the internet through my phone currently and idea how to upload a picture?

a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Relax.

It's nothing. Religious mass posting only.

Keep on enjoying life with your fiance and the little girl

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm no help getting pictures from a phone to anything, sorry.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Hi everyone this is my first post, although I have been visiting this site for years and years. My first thread comes because I am in need of some help. I live with my fiancé and our 1 year old daughter in southeast Wisconsin. We are both 31 years old and We have lived in the house for nearly 2 years and have been loving life. Today we received a letter in the mail. It was sent with no return address and addressed to occupant. In the envelope was a small cut out piece of paper with a copied message that reads,

After reading the verses my fiancé and I became a bit uneasy. After discussion we are still unsure what to make of it. Has anyone else receive anything like this? Is it a group sending these letters out in mass? Was it specifically meant for us?

The little info on the envelope has the post office stamp on it. It came for a post office in Illinois, another state. I am on a phone right no which won’t allow me to upload a photo of the envelope and piece of paper. This is nothing Like either of us have ever seen. I have asked a few members of my family and some friends their opinions but figured I come here to the pros.
We look forward to hearing what you all thing and I will try to get a picture of the note and envelope up as soon as possible. Thanks for the help!

Maybe a Christian person chose to do more witnessing to people as a 2020 New Year goal, but they like sending cards more than talking to people in person! Kind of odd that they didn't include a card or something saying something like "Just wanted to say the God loves you..." or to that effect. I wouldn't worry about it, just take the message to heart, because there is only ONE God, and yes He does love you, and yes...no one knows when the Lord will return but the stage is set and ready. Only waiting on God's timing. He wishes none to perish without believing in Him. That is why He created us in the first place, so He would have people to worship Him and to fellowship with.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

Maybe a Christian person chose to do more witnessing to people as a 2020 New Year goal, but they like sending cards more than talking to people in person! Kind of odd that they didn't include a card or something saying something like "Just wanted to say the God loves you..." or to that effect. I wouldn't worry about it, just take the message to heart, because there is only ONE God, and yes He does love you, and yes...no one knows when the Lord will return but the stage is set and ready. Only waiting on God's timing. He wishes none to perish without believing in Him. That is why He created us in the first place, so He would have people to worship Him and to fellowship with.

Odin works on his own time line.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join