It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanoparticle chomps away plaques that cause heart attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
So this is really cool and comforting. I have a fear of heart attack a lot. I am always bummed out thinking in ten years I will have a heart attack like my Uncle and Dad . My uncle died in his mid 40's of a heart attack... but thanks to this I have some hope. Next they have to cure cancer then all I have to worry about is getting hit by a bus.

Michigan State University and Stanford University scientists have invented a nanoparticle that eats away—from the inside out—portions of plaques that cause heart attacks.

Smith has filed a provisional patent and will begin marketing it later this year.

Am I reading this right? Is it really going to be released this year? If so wow.

New nanoparticle eats plaque that cause heart attacks.
edit on 28-1-2020 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My first thought and biggest question is ... If that nanoparticle is chomping away at plaque, what else is is chomping away at?

There is always a downside to these things. Sure, the industry says it's all safe and the greatest thing since sliced bread. Vaping was supposed to save us all from the ravages of tobacco smoke, but from the beginning I doubted its safety. What were they inhaling in that chemical soup in those little electronic toys, I asked. I was right.

Give it another 10 or 15 years of real-world testing and let's see if it's not chomping away at some other part of the body, the results of which are worse than arterial plaque build-up.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is great news. The faster it's approved the better. Having had a stroke and a heart attack with two stents, this could extend my life and so many others. Good news. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
My first thought and biggest question is ... If that nanoparticle is chomping away at plaque, what else is is chomping away at?

There is always a downside to these things. Sure, the industry says it's all safe and the greatest thing since sliced bread. Vaping was supposed to save us all from the ravages of tobacco smoke, but from the beginning I doubted its safety. What were they inhaling in that chemical soup in those little electronic toys, I asked. I was right.

Give it another 10 or 15 years of real-world testing and let's see if it's not chomping away at some other part of the body, the results of which are worse than arterial plaque build-up.

Yea... there is always something.

In the comments in that link a person asked "What if a big piece of plaque gets knocked off and inadvertently causes a heart attack." Hopefully that doesn't happen...
edit on 28-1-2020 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Awesome! Just took us 300k years to invent something that does what vitamin k2 (mk4/mk7) and exercise can do!

Nah, really tho it’s pretty awesome. Once the singularity happens and ai can start its own research and development programs I expect most of our current problems to be things of the past.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There is a fat component to the Endothelium of our circulatory system, I am not convinced that they have thought this through properly. What does this chemistry to to the elastin in the veins and arteries?

If someone wants to be a guinney pig, let them do it. I have seen many miracle concepts turn out to be nothing but hell for people over the years.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Awesome! Just took us 300k years to invent something that does what vitamin k2 (mk4/mk7) and exercise can do!

Nah, really tho it’s pretty awesome. Once the singularity happens and ai can start its own research and development programs I expect most of our current problems to be things of the past.

I 100% agree about the AI changing everything. My hope is with a few more discoveries like this and I actually may have a chance of witnessing the birth of such an AI... very exciting times!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Yeah, I expect that within my children’s lifetime, death due to old age will become optional. It is indeed an exciting time to be alive..... I believe that’s a common Chinese curse. “May you live in exciting times!”

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The good things is, they have to be programmed. the bad thing is they can be used as a weapon.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

The good things is, they have to be programmed. the bad thing is they can be used as a weapon.

Yea and an even scarier thing is nanobots are right around the corner. A good and a bad thing. I am not to worried though, I am not important so I doubt I would be the target of a nanoparticle assassination. I am a bit worried though about a nanobot cloud that goes out of control and eats everything including human flesh... ah

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm not really afraid of heart attacks. I'm afraid of surviving one.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

After it finishes with the cholesterol it gives you Alzheimers and Mad Cow disease by eating away your brain.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Anything that doesn't kill you ultimately makes you a stronger person. There's always psychosomatic part to every illness.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

This is fantastic news and if your worried about cancer there was this announced just a few days ago

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now lets try and keep a close eye on these 2 breakthroughs as normally you read such encouraging news and unfortunately it totally disappears and is forgotten about never to materialise again in the MSM.

Fingers crossed though.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Anything that doesn't kill you ultimately makes you a stronger person. There's always psychosomatic part to every illness.

Somebody has made a few too many return trips to the BS buffet table.

new topics

top topics

join