It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So sick of the liberals talking points!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Day after day, article after article, news station after news station. I hear and read all the worthless word diarrhea from the left, their "talking points" which I am so incredibly sick of. They use words like "overwhelming" "damning" when they talk about their fake "evidence" and how it is "fact". Then they take little snippets of trumps tweets and highlight the worst words they can find without showing the whole tweet and context in which it was said, I see it all day in the media. I'd love to kick that establishment in the face. Who wants to give a big FU to the media and their leftist Messiahs?
The sickening amount of hubris for them to think that we are incredibly stupid and like sheep, follow and do what they say.

We are not sheep (some of us anyway) so on behalf of the people of the USA, a big FU and middle finger to those who look down on us!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sounds like you need to disconnect from the news.

You will be much happier.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Yeah me to.
But to be fair their just as tired of right wing talking points.

I wish people in groups wouldn't repeat each other so much.
But whether it's republicans, democrats, or q's , repetition is just human nature.

You could try not reading or watching that stuff?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Your both probably right in the sense I should take a break but even when I do I manage to hear or see something, the only time I don't is when I'm out hiking and enjoying the outdoors. Can't wait for winter to end!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Eh, the news is the news. They will always sensationalize everything for as many clicks as possible.

It's the hypocritical and ignorant posters on ATS that won't do one bit of research that get on my nerves.

The supposed intellectuals that can't manage to figure out how to pay off their college debt expecting people that have already went through that to pay their debt as well.

The people that scream about polluting our planet and want to punish all taxpayers in the US, while ignoring China and India.

The people that scream about how illegal immigrants are treated, but create and kill babies like it's brushing their teeth and didn't say a damn word when the real culprit, Obama, was in charge and actually caging kids.

I could literally do this all day with the amount of hypocrisy I've seen from these leftwing posters on this site.

edit on 27-1-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Most of the media landscape is entertainment punditry now.

Both sides have buzzword and loaded term laden bias affirmation pieces.... Problem is, each side keeps gobbling it up creating a demand, so networks continue with their supply.

As an independent, I try to find unbiased media which continues to get harder each year. I also listen to talk radio and some lefty podcasts to stay "in the loop". Personally I find both sides annoying. They both try to present it as fact when it's really opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
To bad a closed mind doesn’t come with a closed mouth .

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
Your both probably right in the sense I should take a break but even when I do I manage to hear or see something, the only time I don't is when I'm out hiking and enjoying the outdoors. Can't wait for winter to end!

So true.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Eh, the news is the news. They will always sensationalize everything for as many clicks as possible.

You think we don't know that....

That's the way it's structured. Who wants to watch uninteresting, banal, BS?

You can's sell products if no one watches. It's damn hard keeping the interest of people with no attention span unless it's violent, sexual, or baby kitties....Capitalism in all its glory. Blessed to have a gig keeping people entertained. Union strong.

Here is a glimpse into the way a news crew operates.

edit on 27-1-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

It's the hypocritical and ignorant posters on ATS that won't do one bit of research that get on my nerves.

Hear, hear!
It's true, so many who rant and rave with much more hyperbole and plain un-researched bred prejudice than a standard in-depth news discussion that most right minded TV stations do....unlike the Fox station with O'Reilly ranting and raving, and kicking people out of the station when they say something HE doesn't agree with.
I'm glad we don't get it here anymore when it was dropped from SKY, there was a danger I'm sure, of O'Reilly syndrome contagion.....

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
They are not liberal talking points, they are liberal arguing points.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I love when I hear the buzz words and catchphrases repeated at nausea.
It’s just more proof that they share the same brain and are reading from a script.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just don't go on a killing spree.

Rant and vent when triggered. Best medicine

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Welcome to the club! I don't think many people here on ATS really like the media with their bias and partisan cheerleading. Opinions are the new news these days. Truly a shame. But don't loose sleep over this, there is not much we can do about it anyway. besides switching the channel.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The sickening amount of hubris for them to think that we are incredibly stupid and like sheep, follow and do what they say.

YET....... as you say in your opening sentences, and here I quote directly

''Day after day, article after article, news station after news station. I hear and read all the worthless word diarrhea from the left, their "talking points" which I am so incredibly sick of.''

Day after day?? Article after Article?? News station after news station??

Just who is acting so incredibly stupid here, and who is following like sheep???

Eating shrimp makes me sick,so guess what. I don't eat shrimp.

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 27 Jan 2020 17:33:36 -0600Mon, 27 Jan 2020 17:33:36 -060020012020-01-27T17:33:36-06:00500000033 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Just listen to the voices in your head.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I enjoy leftist talking points!

They're like visual fart bubbles. They have no substance, they smell awful, but they can be fun to look at and laugh at from a distance.

edit on 27-1-2020 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

YET....... as you say in your opening sentences, and here I quote directly

''Day after day, article after article, news station after news station. I hear and read all the worthless word diarrhea from the left, their "talking points" which I am so incredibly sick of.''

Day after day?? Article after Article?? News station after news station??

Just who is acting so incredibly stupid here, and who is following like sheep???

Eating shrimp makes me sick,so guess what. I don't eat shrimp.
. It's a rant, they're doing what you do in a rant, maybe its their way of releasing their frustrations and on to recovery, IDK. I can certainly relate to the topic though. One can only handle so much unsubstantiated political warfare on steroids. I do believe it's run its course with most of us and we'd all like to see some sort of a resemblance of closure to all this nonsense.

I do get what you're saying though.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Left or right. It's all bull#. Two sides of the same coin.

People pick a team, then point out the flaws of the other guys while ignoring their team is doing the same exact thing.

How's that song go? Clowns to the Left of me Jokers to the right. Here I am stuck in the middle with you... well not you, but the few of us that can see it for what it actually is.

Sadly we're still a minority.

Should not be an 'us' or 'them' in politics. A government should be working as one for the betterment of the people. Not trying to divide the people for their own benefit and fighting amongst themselves.

Need to call out all dodgy behaviour, not just the other team, and not just when it suits us.

But alas, people need a team, they need something they can belong too. So around and around and around we go.
Humans will gladly take a boot to the neck as long as it is the right boot.

Like say hypothetically Hillary and Donald both eat babies.
Those who label them selves left will condemn Trump for doing so while making excuses that justify why it's okay Clinton does it, and those who label themselves right will do the same in reverse.

The politics on this forum are proof of that. Pots and Kettles cannot see that they're each calling the other black.
2 party oligarchic politics are all hypocrisy and irony and nothing more.

In a REAL democracy the people would do something about the lot of them.

But hey, while we fight among ourselves we're too busy to go fight them, and that is the way they like it.

It's all a freaking joke. The issue is not the politicians, left or right. The problem is we choose to do nothing about them.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I really love reading your posts! Made me laugh again!
And as usual: spot on & funny!
You have talent!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join