It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Flowers?, handshakes?, press?.....I call a PR event

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostinspace
Here is a link to a map of the real time Coronavirus spread.

Coronavirus real time

At the moment as I write this post the following stats are from that website:

Total confirmed cases: 1438
Total deaths: 42
Total recovered: 39

It's good news people can recover from this virus.

I don't believe the Chinese official numbers I believe there are thousands infected and over a thousand dead already.

Even if those numbers are right - it's killing more than are recovering.

When they're predicting 250K+ infected by end of Feb that's not looking good at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
messages and pics coming in on Twitter about China sealing off Beijing, inside and out and preparing for a complete public transportation shutdown...

Beijing? Seriously? And they still keep telling us in Europe that we have nothing to worry about?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I have the flight isolated on Flightradar24. It's at the Frontier Terminal, there are other aircrafts at that terminal. I wonder what precautions were taken to protect the other flights? And where are they going to send the passengers of the China Southern flight from Wuhan?

edit on 25-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
If this virus really can be picked up from surfaces and inhaled/ingested...it's time to avoid buying, if possible, ANY products from China...At least until this crisis from China abates.

I legit had a product arrive from China this week, a hand towel.
I bought it on amazon and didn't realise it was coming from overseas 😑

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Nope. Recovered. His immune system prevailed assuming we believe Chinese PR.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Nope. Recovered. His immune system prevailed assuming we believe Chinese PR.

Re: twitter.com...

Maybe an immune system boost will help everyone affected, until a cure/vaccine is developed.

I think that's what has helped AIDS patients like Magic Johnson live so long.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: IAMTAT
If this virus really can be picked up from surfaces and inhaled/ingested...it's time to avoid buying, if possible, ANY products from China...At least until this crisis from China abates.

I legit had a product arrive from China this week, a hand towel.
I bought it on amazon and didn't realise it was coming from overseas 😑

Odds are your towel is fine.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: IAMTAT

I have the flight isolated on Flightradar24. It's at the Frontier Terminal, there are other aircrafts at that terminal. I wonder what precautions were taken to protect the other flights? And where are they going to send the passengers of the China Southern flight from Wuhan?

Wow this is just mind blowing. I wonder if media will get on it.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
First Corona Virus CURE?

twitter.com...

Looks like it.

The first person that went in with symptoms of the virus, recovered. No cure.

Many have recovered from this virus already.... many have died. The only "cure" is your own body's immune system and the hand of God.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
www.gene.com...

Based in San Francisco..

Huge campus North of the airport.

Whole area is a research campus. Looks bigger than Google.
edit on 25-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Blimey - on top of the 2 new hospitals they're building, they're converting another 24 general hospitals to treatment for the virus only.

It must already be WAY worse than they're letting on - we humans are rubbish at predicting far enough ahead to take prior action on that scale.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
From tomorrow on, all inter-provincial passenger transport entering and leaving #Beijing will be suspended.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
messages and pics coming in on Twitter about China sealing off Beijing, inside and out and preparing for a complete public transportation shutdown...

Beijing? Seriously? And they still keep telling us in Europe that we have nothing to worry about?

Where is the source for this...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This virus first went on my radar when I read they sent people to USA airports to check on those arriving from China. Which was a big RED FLAG for me and I started too follow it. At that time, the numbers being released were significantly less than they are now and we know those numbers are not accurate.

Thus, there are people in the know, that know what the true numbers are. I think the CDC knows, but is down playing it. But it's hard to down play it when China is shutting down the infected area and now shutting down Beijing in an effort to keep it from being infected. Hong Kong will likely be doing the same thing.

That is PURE PANIC MODE that China is in. Building hospitals, converting hospitals, and the rest of the world is scanning body temps wondering if they should be doing more.

While I honestly am not worried about it at all (on a personal level, because I have no control thus no reason to worry) I really think, short of a sudden cure, or sudden stop of the virus spreading (due to actions by China), this is going to be big big big. It's going to have long term effects on China, but how it plays out in the rest of the world, WHO knows.

(yes, that was a PUN, sorry)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

Are they quarantining Beijing to try to keep it in or keep it out? I note you say nothing about international transport.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Should've cleaned up with formula 409-K. When you have 50% of your profit left you'll realize you were doing it wrong. China's commerce contagion will affect world stock markets or at least that what the plan is. Kristin Smart, no. Slaying the Dragon, yes. Whoopsie the Wuhan Corona virus came from a snake (Dragon) they say? That's what they say.

See you (and the corona) at Summer Solstice!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: butcherguy
This study from NIH says that coronavirus can remain viable on surfaces for as long as.... get this... 28 DAYS.

This is no normal virus.....
Makes me go hmmmmmmm.

If this can stay on packaging being shipped around the
World and becomes foodborne it is going to get ugly REALLY quickly.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The info only covers inter state transport. I cant say about international or internal as there is no info on that (I like to deal in knowns rather than speculation)

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join