It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-Life: Alyx Is Basically Done; Plus Free Half Life games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In the run up to the release of Half-Life: Alyx in March Valve are making Half-Life 1 and 2 plus all of their expansions free to play for the next two months , I never played Episode 2 and quite fancy giving Half-Life 2 a replay so now seems as good a time as any ... given as it's free and all.

The deal includes Opposing Force and Half-Life: Source , Half-Life 1 in the Half-Life 2 Source engine.
store.steampowered.com...

"With the exception of some tweaks to the absolute final scene, the game is done," Valve wrote. "Lots of us at Valve, as well as playtesters, have played through the entire game multiple times. Right now we're primarily polishing and fixing bugs, which is where we'd hope to be at this point in the development cycle. We're confident we'll hit our intended release."
www.gamespot.com...

February's always a long month.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ummm...what...?

Orange Box already has half-life 1 and 2...are these remakes...?

What about the ending on half-life 2 where another mission starts...and there it ends...at the start of a new mission...

I guess I'm confused about the intent of this announcement...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Orange Box already has half-life 1 and 2...are these remakes...?

I know , but I think this is for those like myself who bought the game day one but have no idea what e-mail / Steam log in they used and didn't want to buy the game again , or people new to the games and thinking of getting Half-Life: Alyx.

It's also publicity for the game at no real cost.

edit on 22-1-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Epsode 2 is worth a go if you haven't played it-Its got some different enemies in it,and some cool environments away from the city.
Plus it begins in the reactor area from the end of HL2,which is good fun.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

What about the ending on half-life 2 where another mission starts...and there it ends...at the start of a new mission...

Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and 2 are included.
It is the complete collection
Even the Death Match are included.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Only three weeks to go until Half Life 3.

top topics

join