It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien life form in my backyard

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Okay....not really...ha ha. But I do need some help identifying this "thing." I have a 3 ft baby pool that captures rainwater from the gutter system on my house. I use the fresh rainwater for my chickens, plants, etc....

When I first saw this "thing," I thought it was a dead fish....which would have been interesting because I do not have any fish anywhere near my place. In the spring & summer, I get all kinds of frogs & tadpoles in the baby pool but I've never seen anything like this before.... It is about 3 1/2" to 4" long. It is whitish in color with a thick jelly covering it. My husband poked it and said it was squishy.

Anyone know what it is?

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

My husband poked it and said it was squishy.

Uh oh
That's the way many of a horror movie started out

Only thing I can say , maybe an eel ???

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Dead pollywoggs?

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Dead slug, upside down.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

*shudder* eels...ew....

There are certainly rivers and creeks in the surrounding 20 miles (as the crow flies) which COULD have eels in them. But I can't imagine how one would end up in a baby pool catching rainwater from my roof? That would seem to insinuate that some bird of prey would have captured it. Just seems very unlikely that it would have ended up that close to the house....

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Too big to be a tadpole... It's close to 4 inches long and probably close to an inch wide at the "head" end

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I guess you may not sleep.

We do the same here with roof runoff into the pool but I add salt and chlorine. Funny thing it doesn't stop 'Water Scorpions' which we have to net out. Hate those flamin things.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 18-1-2020 by bally001 because: Add pic

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

*shudder* eels...ew....

There are certainly rivers and creeks in the surrounding 20 miles (as the crow flies) which COULD have eels in them. But I can't imagine how one would end up in a baby pool catching rainwater from my roof? That would seem to insinuate that some bird of prey would have captured it. Just seems very unlikely that it would have ended up that close to the house....

To tell you the truth , an eel was a guess (it does resemble a young one).
In all my , ahem, long years living in the country , in the backwoods , I do not believe I have ever saw anything such as that.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

*shudder* eels...ew....

To tell you the truth , an eel was a guess (it does resemble a young one).
In all my , ahem, long years living in the country , in the backwoods , I do not believe I have ever saw anything such as that.

It's scary isn't it. Imagine ingesting one from the run off. Eels are strange though. Get them all the time in the dams but the unimaginable happened just a couple of weeks ago.

For those that do not know a 'header' tank is placed on a tower usually 3 to 4 meters above ground level. Water is pumped into the 'header' tank which provides basic water pressure to a dwelling.

Our 'header' tank tower/stand got burnt so I had to empty the water out and we hoisted it off the stand/tower with the use of a backhoe and straps. The lid/cover was fractured so as I peeled it away I saw something swimming around in the leftover half inch water of our house water tank. Initially I imagined it was a frog. Turned out it was an eel. WTF!

Must've swum 80 metres up the 1/half inch pipe, through the pump and landed into the tank. To think we were drinking this water. Ripley's 'Believe it or not' stuff.

My regards and sorry if I went a bit off topic.

Bally

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Looks sort of like a Hornwogen. A hornwogen is a word I just made up.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Is that thing glowing???

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Yikes! Now I'm going to have nightmares.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
4 inches?

I think I agree with hombero.

Dead slug.
Here we have banana slugs and they get huge!

4 inches even!

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

LOL.... I don't know what makes me cringe worse - eels, a water scorpion, or the thought of an unidentified GLOWING alien in my backyard.... Lol

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Ok, so slugs are a very distinct possibility. We have a TON of giant slugs around here. They are always getting into my chicken feeders so I started putting a "moat" of salt around the feeders. I've killed at least a dozen slugs, but I have never seen one look like that or covered in a huge blob of jelly? I also am wondering how it ended up in there? My chickens don't have anything to do with slugs and the feeders are easily 20 to 25 ft away from the baby pool...

It does seem likely... I've just never seen one get into the pool, not once, despite using it for years... I've never seen a slug that color either.... Most are black but I realize that water could bleach it out.

Just weird.... I was going to take it out earlier but I didn't want to possibly kill a living organism so I decided to try to figure out what it was first

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Night Star

LOL.... I don't know what makes me cringe worse - eels, a water scorpion, or the thought of an unidentified GLOWING alien in my backyard.... Lol

Yeah, I know the feeling. Can handle eels. Don't like water scorpions.

Chuckle snort chortle.

bally

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
What about a goldfish with fungus ..ffs.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Put it in a bucket of water from the pool so you don't hurt it if it is a living thing.

Strange whatever it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I'm having a hard time buying that this is real. Everything about both pictures looks weird to me.

Got a video?

If it really is real I'd say you got something pretty special cuz its glowing and distorting the crap out of the space around it according to your picture.

I wouldn't touch it.

Ever seen Creepshow?

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The Lords Banana with a misleading title

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join