It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Rock Explodes Over Puerto Rico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

For the past two weeks, strong earthquakes have been shaking the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico. Yesterday, Jan. 17th, the islanders felt an additional jolt--but this one came from the sky. "Amidst the earthquake swarm that we are currently experiencing here in Puerto Rico, we were also nearly impacted by a giant rock from space," reports Frankie Lucena of Cabo Rojo PR. "The explosion is shown in this weather satellite image from GOES-16."

This event gave Lucena a feeling of deja vu. "Last summer an even bigger space rock exploded near us," he says. "On June 22, 2019, asteroid 2019 MO disintegrated south of the island.

Bolide Event Over Puerto Rico

A SPACE ROCK EXPLODES OVER PUERTO RICO

The fireball was seen in daylight and heard as a loud rumble. Remains of the exploding fireball may have made it to Earth as meteorites. It doesn't look like any landed on Puerto Rico.

How much can the people of Puerto Rico endure? The hurricane, two sizeable earthquakes and now this close call. I hope things get better for them soon.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Cool , compilation of vids of the rock , feel sorry for the kid facing the camera ....

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nice! Thanks for posting that.

Looked like a pretty big one, kinda short though.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Hahah can you imagine if his friends weren't filming it, he would never of believed them

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Lets see.....Hurricanes, floods, now fire and brimstone from heaven. Somebody's been naughty!

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It looks like they found some old supplies and fired the island's director of emergency management.

Puerto Rico Gov. Wanda Vazquez dismissed the island's director of emergency management after a warehouse was discovered with supplies dating back to Hurricane Maria.

edit on 19-1-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

She was involved in it from text messages they found too.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
How much can the people of Puerto Rico endure? The hurricane, two sizeable earthquakes and now this close call. I hope things get better for them soon.

Sounds like something the normal news would report when James Bond is battling a supervillain behind the scenes. That last one is him and a hot babe escaping from the earthquake generating satellite.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I think that another exploding space rock over in that island is a good omen.

The real problems with Puerto Rico point directly at us, specifically U.S.

This is a US Republic, and we treat these people like they were aliens.

Sure, they have had their fill of natural disaster, but the help we give them is the equivalent of a box of old band aids. We know how corrupt the local government is down there, but it is allowed to continue.

I want this country to firmly step on that soil and fire every elected official, install a supportive government and help those wonderful people to re-organize the place in anticipation of it becoming the STATE that it was destined to be.

We give Billions upon Billions to other countries, most of which could gave a # about us, and we leave this Island to be ravaged by criminals when it is really part of us. Unbelievable really.
edit on 19-1-2020 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I want this country to firmly step on that soil and fire every elected official, install a supportive government and help those wonderful people to re-organize the place in anticipation of it becoming the STATE that it was destined to be.

We can't even do that with our own government.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: charlyv

We can't even do that with our own government.

Oh yes we can, and we are doing it right now.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
WOW

the Puerto Rico location is getting a lot of attention lately...

working backwards:

the warehouse of Hurricane relief supplies, which never got distributed to the victims of the 2 year ago Hurricane

the exploding boloid / meteoroid

the Earth Shaking Quakes, generally from around the very deep Puerto-Rican Trench area (at a plate boundary)

But of little notice was the EastCoastSurfing tournament in which a Grandson of mine was a participant...
the surfing was almost concurrent with the Quake swarm which are continuing, even still on 20 Jan/2020

I post this link:

www.surfesa.org...
The 2020 ESA All-Star Developmental Team consists of:
Avallone, Noah
Chan, Beau
Deane, Will
Gallagher, Brynn
Hoover, Camden
Iglay, Seton
Jewell, Cooper
Landry, Mack
Lavender, Ava
McCart, Beckham
McCart, Daya
Mons, Lanea
Musilunas, Mako
Nichols, Mikaela
(others, for a team of 24 named surfers under 13 years old)

~~~~~~~~~~~

the Grandson I mentioned is named Mako, his Brand is Team Mako, his rank in the under 13 group of amateurs, after the Puerto Rico event win.... is 1st on east-coast & 3rd nationally...((his highest ever ratings))

Gnarly, huh

top topics

join