It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft settles upon Xenon as new name for Xbox 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted on bink.nu:

Microsoft has reportedly settled on a name for its next-generation Xbox: the Xenon. During a recent interview with gaming site Spong, Microsoft Game Studios' J. Allard let the official name slip while discussing details of his upcoming keynote address later today at the Game Developers Conference, meaning they might reveal more on the system than previously thought.

“We're going to show a little bit of leg. We have thought about how best to catalyze some of our thoughts, so we’re going to show a little bit of what the Xenon user interface might look like, we’re going to talk a little bit about the specs just a little bit, and we're going to talk about online as well, and where we see the future of Live.”

More at original news source: Continue At Source

"Xenon" is expected to hit the market near the end of this year possibly before Sony's PlayStation 3 and Nintendo's "Revolution" (codename) next-gen home consoles.

More next-gen console news as it's available.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 3/9/05 by prophetmike]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oh La La.....How unoriginal!!

What's next? The Nintendo Halogen? Actually...I like the name "Revolution"...Although I enjoy my GameCube, I do think it's time for a "revolution"....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
WHY!!??!?!

Why does all this new stuff have to come out, when I just get enough for the old one. GAH!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
that is real big news i didn't even know that

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sounds pretty interesting. Personally I think that Sony's console empire is begining to crumble. Xenon and Revolution will most likely push Sony out of the way. Revolution and Xenon will then duke it out in one of the fiercest examples of corporate rivalry will will ever see. In the end thats good for the consumer.

Ok that was a big of a fantasy. But to be honest I can see Revolution and Xenon simply pushing PS3 out of the competition.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
did you know that star wars three is the last movie that they are going to make but if you ask me i think that they should make a two movies one for kotor and one for kotorII

top topics

join