It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archetypal Truths in the Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Interesting comments. As to your comments on reincarnation, it seems to strange to dualistically place ourselves in opposition to the natural world. If nature exists, and exists independently of ourselves i.e. its extent and duration could be infinite, than isn't it problematic that we - as properties of nature - seek to 'extricate ourselves' from it, as if being in it or out of it we're somehow different things? To me, if eternity is eternity, than it makes no differences whether I reincarnate or stay within some cosmic point; in fact, I'd rather be "one with the world", and so infinitely reincarnate to be at one with it rather than seek escape from it as if that didn't imply that the world was somehow wrong or less true than some idea I have of it. Is it not possible that our bodies, because of our societies, are simply asymmetric with the natural world, which produces this feeling of alienation in ourselves towards it?

As to the Zohar, it is notoriously difficult to understand. I spent a good year and half working with it in English and its hard to make heads or tails of the matter without a very intimate knowledge of Hebrew or the Aramaic its written within. I know Biblical Hebrew, but not Aramaic, so I couldn't fully take advantage of it - and I had no teacher or Rabbi to work with to share their understanding of the text.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Yes, societies based on greed, pay heed to our egotistical nature in which the only point of desire, is our own satisfaction. This satisfaction, in buddhist terms, is the temporary lowering of pain.

In the quantum world where only vibrations and waves exist. Where does truth exist in those waves. Where do lies exist in those waves. If they are one and the same, then the world is empty of any real substance. So the desire to reincarnate will continue to exists, until we realize, we are reincarnating into emptiness.

Yes Zohar is a headache. Have you heard of Work of The Chariot. Their information is far more easily digestible, They also have email under online support. So might be able to put you into a study group.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Yes agree, but the mind has also been programmed by DNA to desire strength, riches, success so it can spread its seed to the masses. So we need be mindful of the reasons behind its needs and wants as well.
The mind lives in its world of dualities. Non-duality (Spiritualism) is foreign to its nature. So if we live in our mind, yes we will feel that separation

The success of the specie depends upon a degree of expertise. If that includes something beyond a store of root vegetables, a few goats and a mud hut that will outlast winter; so be it. I am impressed you mention duality. Duality is the genesis of creation rather than polarization (which just inflames spins and spins).
edit on 27-1-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join