It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King used a wordydird (REALLY?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That rant was tongue in cheek .

Damn it 😇

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

They think damn is an offensive word? Bahaha!

What I don't get is when anyone complains about the dumbest thing...why the hell are those things changed? Why play into the madness?

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

If you were talking about me .

I thought it was so stupid it was humorous .

If you didn’t read the whole thread check it out.

There’s a endless amount material to ridicule for laughs.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Instead of saying god damnit I say god bless it.

Stub my toe? "God blessssss it!"
Do something embarrassing? "Well, god bless."

Now, I reminded of a book I had to read in school. It was about some nibke girk named Catherine or simething similar, and whoever was the governing person had decided that regular curse words weren't allowed and everything had to do with god's body part.

So, there were phrases such as god's foot, and god's elbow.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

So then the million moms are full of God’s anus?

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown When Gone with the Wind first aired on TV in the early 60s? the talk was of Rhett Butlers final line "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn" Must have caused a stir in 1939.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The commercial I can't stand is the Liberty Mutual Insurance commercials. "Only pay for what you need" pitch line is moronic. That's no different than any other insurance company on the market. Stupid commercials. Limu-Imu. BS

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Limu Emu is dumb.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If the damn word is in the Bible it is good enough for me, lol. I guess these ladies don’t read it much.

ETA: The Kings James Bible uses the word "damn" in the New Testament 453 times. Oh noes!
edit on 2020/1/12 by Metallicus because: Eta

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

No, I wasn't talking about you. I was just commenting on how crazy it is today with everyone being offended by the slightest little things. I say a lot worse than damn. LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

Do it the Southern way: "Bless your heart!"

Translation: "Yer a blitherin' idiot."

Guy up here north said that to me a few days ago I stared at him coldly and said, "I know what that means!" I lived long enough in the South that I can pass all those "southern slang" tests with 100%. I used to could, anyway.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

those troublemaking cows may have been behind it . .

Eat Mor ̶C̶h̶i̶k̶i̶n̶ impossible whopper’s 🐄
edit on 12-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I'm from the south. Tennessee to be specific. Here the saying "Bless his/her heart" can be used in that manner, but it can also mean that you actually feel badly for that person.

Say for instance someone gets cheated on or ends up on the bad side ofna breakup one could say it sincerely. Just deoends on if you like the person or not I suppose.

But yeah, most people who aren't from the south hear the phrase and only use it in the negative manner.
edit on 12-1-2020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

Do it the Southern way: "Bless your heart!"

Translation: "Yer a blitherin' idiot."

Guy up here north said that to me a few days ago I stared at him coldly and said, "I know what that means!" I lived long enough in the South that I can pass all those "southern slang" tests with 100%. I used to could, anyway.

Haha, my buddy was told "Bless your heart" by a woman he complained to about something she did (don't recall what it was), and his reply was, "oh, bite me!"

It set off a whole conversation about all of the allegedly polite but actually rude Southern phrases, and how we vowed to always call them out, rather than let them "get away with it." LOL. No harm, no big offense by the subject or by us, but it usually gets a chuckle out of both.

Or just recognized differences in terminology in general, not necessarily insults can be fun between Southerners and us "Yankees."

A real-life example:

Southern gas station clerk: "You want a sack?"

Me: "I have a sack already, can I have a bag?"

Southern gas station clerk: "Here you go, hun (hands over plastic BAG), now you've got a bigger sack."

Both: [have a chuckle and friendly goodbyes]

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I still think it's weird how people in the midwest call bags bāgs. Or how they say "Dontcha know?" and the occasional "Ay?" thrown in. I had some friends from the south come up to help me with on a project, and they all stated I didn't know Canada was this far south! lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join