It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Body Temperature In The U.S. Has Decreased Over Time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
Have lived with a body temp of 96.8. No dyslexia ... but blown off by medical 'professionals' forever.

Let's do the math:
96.8 + 1.8 = 98.6
98.6 + 1.8 = 100.4

Doctors (all of mine at least) can go to Hell.

Great OP: S&F

Forty years ago I already blew off all of the doctors beliefs that people all have a body temperature of 98.6. You go to the doctor sick as a dog and your temp is 99,8 and they say your are not really sick, they cannot understand that with a lower baseline it makes a difference. I have gotten stupid excuses from doctors that my mouth had thicker skin, I mentioned that evidently the thicker skin must be under the arms, in the butt, and anywhere the temperature is taken, then they change the subject.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

Allegedly..

For instance... Half of All the [Medical] Literature is False

The articles I've read on this subject even mention that technology and the accuracy of data could be distorting this thesis, and the data sets from the past are only a small fraction compared to the volume of measurements we have in more recent decades.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

So, we are in agreement.

But, not sure why you brought up the Greta chick.

Because she would use this story. "I dare you lower our body temperatures. We are turning into reptiles before your very reptilian eyes."

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Allegedly..

For instance... Half of All the [Medical] Literature is False

The articles I've read on this subject even mention that technology and the accuracy of data could be distorting this thesis, and the data sets from the past are only a small fraction compared to the volume of measurements we have in more recent decades.

I always had a low body temperature, I grew up believing I was weird because everyone else always said their temperature was normal, always 98.6. Evidently they were not paying attention, because ones body temperature varies quite a bit, mine goes low when I am out side, one it was down to under ninety two degrees, and I can mentally bring it up or down just by thinking it up by over a half a degree. If I want to raise it, I think about snow and cold, If I want to bring it down I think about a hot summer day in a field picking berries. In college when they did a test on this, I had the best ability to change my core temperature of all the test subjects.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Same here. I would joke to people that I was a reptilian and that I needed to go bask in the sun.

But, honestly it's stuff like this and what FamCore has put together that made me critical of what's commonly accepted as truth at a young age.

It's like being taught something in elementary school, and drawing a correlation to something or maybe thinking to yourself that it doesn't quite sound right only to be told that you're being ridiculous when decades later lo and behold according to experts in their respective fields data now shows that how we understood so-and-so has been wrong for decades.

Yet, that's what I thought as a child? It's kind of like being told something isn't common sense when it actually is.
edit on 12-1-2020 by AutomateThis1 because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Medical science is plagued with opinions and beliefs that are actually not true. It is getting better somewhat now that they actually test things instead of just believing what some prestigious person long ago said. We still got a lot of BS being spread by those who profit by us believing there is something wrong with us, when it is only a temporary conditions most times.

Look how they said medicine was way better than before because of the miracle drug aspirin when I was young, people always used to use salcylicates to treat fever and illness, but the cheap aspirin tablets was easier than picking and drying birch leaves to make tea out of. And what about the miracle drugs...antibiotics that was over prescribed. Or the opioids that were harmless before yet led to addiction. What about Tylenol in everything that caused so much liver damage in people and doctors were telling everyone to take Tylenol. When I was young I was intent on being a doctor, it was what I dreamed of, helping people. Then when I got in pre-med, they were preaching about getting rich as a doctor and not to feel bad about taking the money of people who did not know how to eat right. I quit within a week, in middle of a term. If everyone in the room wasn't chearing so loud when the professor was talking about getting rich, maybe I would have been a doctor, after all, I had all my education covered because I had some good connections, someone I knew was on the board of the AMA in Illinois.

I would have been kicked out of the medical field within a year for informing people how to avoid getting sick. That is a no no if you do that, I know of a couple of doctors working for hospitals who lost their ability to work because they did that.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
for years it's been known to vary... just like the blood pressure idea of 120/80... just depends

edit on 12-1-2020 by BlackOops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I always had a low body temperature, I grew up believing I was weird because everyone else always said their temperature was normal, always 98.6. Evidently they were not paying attention, because ones body temperature varies quite a bit, mine goes low when I am out side, one it was down to under ninety two degrees, and I can mentally bring it up or down just by thinking it up by over a half a degree. If I want to raise it, I think about snow and cold, If I want to bring it down I think about a hot summer day in a field picking berries. In college when they did a test on this, I had the best ability to change my core temperature of all the test subjects.

Honestly, that's pretty freakin' amazing. Back in highschool during my senior year i decided to take an 'early bird' period, which meant i had to be at the schools gym about an hour & a half earlier than normal start time, which was 8:00am. So its 6:30am, in the winter time, and im outside freezing my ass off! So, in order to keep from turning into an icicle, i would concentrate and think to myself this following phrase: Sun sun -- warm warm -- heat heat. I know it probably sounds strange, but it jogged my brain and its memories of all the warm things ive come into contact with throughout my life. And i would feel myself literally warming up from the inside out. I remember occasionally someone sitting next to me would say that they could feel heat basically radiating off of me.

As for lowering my body temp, I've never tried.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24869437]LtFluffyCakes96[/post

Also read where O- blood types are also a lower temp don"t remember by how much though.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Which explains why our wives are always cold and hate air conditioning and us husbands are always hot and miserable both from the heat and the complaining.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
the early temps could be off since the technology was not the best for accurate readings. but what would be interesting is a study into say the last 50 years. as well as done for different regions such as Canada, the southern US the equatorial region. plus the same types of areas in Europe/Asia. as well as pacific islands and different regions in Australia. and see what differences there are and have been in those differing climate zones.

the thing is humans and animals both (and that includes dogs), are able to acclimatize to different temperatures. be it seasonal changes. or changes such as moving from one climate extreme to another (although that big a difference takes time).

it would be interesting to see if different areas have different standard temperatures. and the reason i say 50 years is that covers the timespan when air-conditioning came into use, as well as when it went from rarely used, to everyone uses it all the time. i suspect we might just find that people acclimatizing to being in almost constant aircon has lowered the body temperatures which then causes people to feel hotter in warmer temperatures.

i do know that the use of air-conditioning does in fact make a huge difference in the way we feel hotter temperatures. because of the acclimatizing to the artificially cooler temperatures indoors in most places, and thus feeling hotter when outside. i stopped using my air conditioner about 3 years ago. and it has had an amazing effect on how the outside heat effects me. it used to be in the summer months (April May for where i am) when the temperature is regularly in the 40's C (104+f), used to feel really hot. to the point where i tried not to stay outside in the heat too much. and my air conditioner only kept my room down to about 28C (82.4f). and even then when the temp outside would go down to about 26C (78.8), i would be wanting a jacket and long pants. and just so you know when the temperature drops to that low (26C, 78.8f), my dog is normally shivering from the cold. and many people are wearing toques and other "winter" hats, as well as jackets/pants. and those who go up into the mountains where it is cooler by about 10C, end up wearing "winter jackets" (like down filled, serious winter jackets).

now ever since i stopped using the air conditioner my room in the summer is actually hotter than outside. it was hitting about 44C (111.2). and while yes i am hot, it's not that bad. and all i have is one fan mounted on my wall for cooling. i am nowhere near "dying from the heat". yet most of my friends in North America can't even take heat 10C lower these days. in fact the last time i was in North America, in the summer. the only time i took off my heavy leather jacket was when they were calling high heat alerts, due to dangerous extreme heat (which seems to happen when the temperatures hit in the 30's C (86f). or when i was in the dessert areas such as the badlands and Las Vegas and California (and yes i did need to wear a light jacket while at Disney). in fact i needed a jacket in the evenings, just as i did a few years back when i went to Hawaii since it was on the cool side of things for me.

it is also apparent that the over use of air-conditioning is doing the same to people in North America. growing up in the summers we had temperatures getting into the 40'sC and there was no real issue. now they warn people about "dangerous high heat" when it gets into the 30's. school buildings some that have been around and used for over 100 years, students, parents and faculty are now constantly whining those schools need to have air-conditioning installed in them. because people are passing out from the extreme heat. and going on how it is creating a danger to students and teachers. yet when i was in school we had the same temperatures, in those same buildings, and even though it was hot, people tolerated it. there were not people passing out all the time (unless of course they were drunk or stoned). heck they didn't even have any fans in classrooms. where today fans are not enough. and it is also becoming an issue here where people have always lived in the heat. and were fine. now people are starting to not be able to tolerate that same heat. as the use of air-conditioning use has spread just like in North America where almost all private vehicles (and airconditioned buses and taxies), are equipped with air-conditioning. many businesses like offices and malls are heavily airconditioned. and more and more people are also using it in their homes. there is a definite link between use of air-conditioning and people loosing their ability to stand the natural temperatures in their area. and seeing this it makes me wonder if there is also a link between the change in "normal body temperature", and the overuse of air-conditioning.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

How the body reacts depends on your location. Like in the UK recently they had temps above 30C and it was a crisis for them because it was unusual compared to the typical weather for the season but here we'd consider it a warm day. A week ago the daytime max here hit 40C which actually feels hot due to being above body temp of 37C then, only 12 hours later, it dropped by nearly 30C which must be good aerobics for the body's thermostat system.

The variations in temperature measurements could be due to the way those measurements are done which is at the wrong end of the management system IE the temperature that needs to be held fairly constant is in the core around all the vital organs (heart, lungs, liver, spleen etc). That management involves controlling circulation to the extremities so skin temp where measurements are made can be degrees cooler or warmer than the core.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LtFluffyCakes96

Honestly, that's pretty freakin' amazing. Back in highschool during my senior year i decided to take an 'early bird' period, which meant i had to be at the schools gym about an hour & a half earlier than normal start time, which was 8:00am. So its 6:30am, in the winter time, and im outside freezing my ass off! So, in order to keep from turning into an icicle, i would concentrate and think to myself this following phrase: Sun sun -- warm warm -- heat heat. I know it probably sounds strange, but it jogged my brain and its memories of all the warm things ive come into contact with throughout my life. And i would feel myself literally warming up from the inside out. I remember occasionally someone sitting next to me would say that they could feel heat basically radiating off of me.

As for lowering my body temp, I've never tried.

From the results of the experiment, we concluded that when I thought of heat it lowered my core temperature, it might have done that by increasing flow to the skin or something, the one doing the test did not really know, but he had tested around sixty percent of the people in the biology class. I actually had to go back to extra times and most kids only went once because I and a few others could alter our temperature more than the majority of the students. I think he said there were about fifteen to twenty that were able to do it pretty well but I was by far better at doing it than most for some reason.

I found out that I am not ninety nine percent Finn, evidently I have 1.7 percent Intuit or Eskimo in me. I got that from the Heritage ancestry which I got free from my account at promethius when they combined. I have known that I have male genetic markers for Type NO or K2A happlogroup, all I have found from studying that is that I excrete salt at a high rate in my urine and sweat. Maybe that is why my fathers side males all ate salt fish and smoked fish and other salt laden food all the time. I do not know if the gene for NO is part of the intuit, a single copy is found in a lot of Asians, so technically I am one point seven percent Asian now. A double copy is rare, and it is only one gene of the type NO haplogroup, so I am not actually type NO anymore, I just have a few genes left with double copies. There is a different snp for the female version of this pee out your salt gene, but I have not identified it, because NO is just on the Y chromosome. Evidently for some reason we got two y chromosomes in that spot. My brother and his sons are the only other two males left in the male male line from back at least four generations, oh wait, I do have one other cousin, but his father and mother died and he was adopted, my father and uncles wanted him, but some rich people that were not related got him, scarfed away because someone got bought off somewhere. I should contact him.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

Why would doctors need to go to hell?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think you got the wrong number there.
I never mentioned the hot place but temps above 40C do make me think about it sometimes.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well I’m not crazy and think I have a fever at 99 lola reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join