It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This rap video is a masterpiece and will blow your minds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The title is not hyperbole fellow members, and brace yourself.

I stumbled across this disturbing and somehow hilarious rap video that after viewing it my brain temporarily switch off so it can comprehend WTF it just saw, then I burst out laughing. After watching the video below, you may have the same reaction. it is quite short and contains curse words, but tupac, Ice cube, DMX, they'll never best this guy.

The reason why I posted this here is instead of the music forum is that the comments section is just as funny as the source, so umm...you're welcome?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

If you like this you will love Wesley Willis. Most would say turn that crap off but I find it fascinating that someone would feel the need to create something this disturbing.

Rock and Roll McDonald's is a good starting point.

edit on 9-1-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Rock and roll Mcdonald's. it's locked into the hard drive.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I dunno, I still think this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.... and I've seen a lot of weird things.

Thanks to Lysergic I think who originally posted it in a random case of postal psychosis as he is want to do..

PS: ETA: That is one hell of a psychosis inducing clip.. yours I mean.. holy hamburgers...

ETA2: with subtitles turned on you get even more bewildered... "not spell wait and act like you're drinking spotify I came out here
inappropriate I like you and I want him I like..."
edit on 10-1-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth

It actually makes sense to me. Over accentuating the accentuating of rap music (clothes, jewerly) and mocking the rap formula. Then he says something about being inappropriate to women and saying sorry and the girl turning around and saying I believe what? Stripped rap music down to bear bones basically; Repetitive, flashy clothes, jewelry, disrespect of women.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Stripped rap music down to bear bones basically; Repetitive, flashy clothes, jewelry, disrespect of women.

You forgot glorification of violence and drug use.

I like rap, but rap without those topics you and i mentioned, is really hard to find.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth
I dunno, I still think this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.... and I've seen a lot of weird things.

Thanks to Lysergic I think who originally posted it in a random case of postal psychosis as he is want to do..

PS: ETA: That is one hell of a psychosis inducing clip.. yours I mean.. holy hamburgers...

ETA2: with subtitles turned on you get even more bewildered... "not spell wait and act like you're drinking spotify I came out here

"For years we have embraced a silence so profound, it approaches stupidity". It is the song of spongehead squareshirts and embraces the highest question in philosophy - namely, "what?".

There is little more to say.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

It actually makes sense to me. Over accentuating the accentuating of rap music (clothes, jewerly) and mocking the rap formula. Then he says something about being inappropriate to women and saying sorry and the girl turning around and saying I believe what? Stripped rap music down to bear bones basically; Repetitive, flashy clothes, jewelry, disrespect of women.

So true. There is very little rap music I can even tolerate. Insane Clown Posse for one, but their over the top get up and ridiculousness make it so.. and sometimes, a gem like this..

The rest is exactly how you put it.

edit on 10-1-2020 by TrustedTruth because: damn youtube codes, we should be able to put the entire link in and the forums extract the code.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

"For years we have embraced a silence so profound, it approaches stupidity". It is the song of spongehead squareshirts and embraces the highest question in philosophy - namely, "what?".

There is little more to say.

There is a quote by John Philip Sousa, that states;

And now, in this the twentieth century, come these talking and playing machines, and offer again to reduce the expression of music to a mathematical system of megaphones, wheels, cogs, disks, cylinders, and all manner of revolving things, which are as like real art as the marble statue of Eve is like her beautiful, living, breathing daughters.

It's not the quote I was looking for but it suits my purpose. I was trying to find someone who was quoted as saying something along the lines of "Now that we have records to play music, the art will become meaningless, and be dumbed down for the masses." or something along those lines.

It was in relation to the invention of the record.. saw it in a documentary long ago, and encyclopedia google has no index.. :/

new topics

top topics

join