It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best METAL BAND of all times

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Rammstein. D=

Course I don't know that many...Rammstein is just my favorite...

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You have to give the ALL time trophy to Black Sabath because they set the precedent and did it well. Without them there is no metal. As far as modern bands go, I would challenge anyone to find a metal band more hardcore, more balls out, and more agressive than Slayer. Technically speaking their music is insane by musicians standards, all super talented musicians. No other band can get the adrenaline flowing or send a live crowd into a rage like these guys. I once read an article in Guitar World describing Reign In Blood as the soundtrack to a journey through hell..lol...that sounds about right.

I also love old Iron Maiden...great, original music. Very distinct sound and again excellent musicians. When I was a kid I loved the album covers and the different "Eddie" renderings.

My favorite newer metal band by far is System of a Down. Awesome live show, great political lyrics and a killer unique sound. Highly recommended. Killswitch Engage is another great new band as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Oh yeah......and for the record the greatest Slayer song ever written is without any doubt - War Ensemble - followed closely by Die By the Sword. Makes me wanna punch somebody just thinking about it...lol :bash:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sodom, to me, is the best metal band of all time. There is something in their sound that I find addicting.

Top five favourite albums (in order):

'Till Death Do Us Unite

Get What You Deserve

Persecution Mania

Better Off Dead

Agent Orange

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by themyth

August Burns Red

Killswitch Engage

As I Lay Dying

No doubt..........

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I always disliked the term "Metal" because a lot of bands considered metal, were around before the term "metal" was in use....anyway
The founding fore fathers for me would be:
Sabbath
Rainbow w/Dio
Priest
Motorhead
Maiden
Early-mid 70's Scorps were real heavy for the time.www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well, this is a hard question, as many metal bands are great. Old Black Sabbath sure, old Metallica was great, old Celtic Frost, Sodom, Bathory..... Venom....

But, I think if I had to pick one, that is still happening, it would be:

MOTORHEAD.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
For me my favorite is split between Testament and Extreme, followed by:

Opeth
Arch Enemy [pre Angela Gossow]
Carcass
Megadeth
Metallica
Symphony X

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Behemoth is the new Dark metal
as for Power its Demons and Wizards
Iced Earth
Blind Guardian
Iron Maiden
then Amon Amarth

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by -Sho-

I completely forgot about symphony x! cheers for the reminder..

for me I guess it has to be

Strapping young lad
Pantera

there are so many other great Hard rock, Prog Rock, Metal, etc bands I like but I don't consider them metal (e.g. Tool, Sabbath) at least not by today's standards anyway.

If anyone knows other bands (of the heavier persuasion) produced as well as Pantera, SYL, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Tool, Karnivool please let me know, I like my heavy metal to have high production value.

Peace,
-Bob

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I guess one of my personal favorites is AC/DC. I love the song, It's a Long Way to the Top, I mean, come on, who else can rock bagpipes?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
While I think that is impossible to categorize the best band, I'm going to express my opinion :

I have many many favorite bands, and when I say many, I mean many, and it's very hard to choose but well, I think that being one of my favorite bands, Sabbath is what really revolutionized this music. I like all these groundbreaking bands, that made something new, different. Other bands would be Death, Celtic Frost, Bathory, Megadeth, Carcass.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Kinda metal rock, I'd say Motorhead.

But more metal, I'd say VENOM.

These bands at their heyday:
Celtic Frost
Bathory
Sodom
Slayer
Metallica
Megadeth

Current bands:
Immortal

Classic:
Black Sabbath

My overall pick remains VENOM.
They are just the perfect blend of cool rockin' songs with an edge.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i hate ac/dc

one could make a case for tool or arcturus to be the best metal band.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join