It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats a story about you that sounds like a lie, but is absolutely true?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: putnam6

Do I start with spooky stuff, or tales of when I damn near got myself killed stuff, or the times I almost ended up in a military jail for being where I was not supposed to be? One of those cases involved taking an unlawful trip with a pilot to Key West. The commander of the base sent me the bill for the fuel used, but I was able to talk him into forgiving a poor, foolish, and impressionable Lieutenant.

I really should write a book. The only problem is that it would not be able to be published until after I died.

Yes you should with all that going on LOL. Of course, you could always write it as fiction cause it really sounds interesting LOL. But till then lets start with spooky always like spooky

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oathkeeper73

THATS A GREAT STORY...

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Legally in UK yes but irl no. On returning to UK my wife became pregnant and had a son who would be heir to the families fortune when 21. After a while her grandfather died and her family over there told us all was forgiven and asked us to come back over and they would set up our own business and we could live a life of luxury. It sounded too familiar to me so I refused.

After much pressure I agreed to her going back with my son and if everything was ok I would join them. I saw them off at the airport and when they went through the gate I had a strong gut feeling I wouldn't see them again. My gut feeling was correct. I heard nothing despite trying for years.

In the end, she managed to track me down via myspace ( I know ha ha ha). Basically as soon as she arrived back to her family she was banned from all contact with uk and was married to a much older man who would accept her and raise my son as his own and she had to be grateful someone would accept her given she is nothing more than a prostitute due to her marriage with me.

After a while her new husband found her myspace account (she wasn't allowed her own social media) and except for a couple of smuggled photos via her old friends in UK I have not heard or seen from them since. As far as I am aware my son does not know i exist and believes the other man to be his real dad.

So no happy ending on that one lol

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
When I was 18 I went to boarding school in the wilderness of idaho because I was kindve a bad kid. I'm from seattle but spent a year in the wilderness next to craters of the moon national park and Arco idaho population 1000. We lived 10 kids in yurts we build ourselves. Took showers with buckets full of hot water that we collected from a stream and heated with fire we had to make ourselves. It was COMPLETELY off the grid in every sense possible. Anyways I was in wood chopping duty one evening solo outside the yurt chopping away. And i look up to a ridge nearby with the sun setting on it. It was dark behind be from the shadow of the woods but the cliff had sunlight from the setting sun. And I saw an eagle/bird as tall as the rock it was perched upon. The rock was 6 ft because I've been up there before for animal watching. It's a game trail with all sorts of goats elk cows deer everything. So the creature was as tall as I was. It was bathing in the last of the days sun. It was a beautiful red/golden yellow color from the sunset. It wasnt black or white. Obviously not purple or blue. It was reddish orange yellow from the sunset. I watched it causually for about 10 minutes as I was chopping wood. It was a completely peaceful experience and very spiritual. Not terrifying like the stories people tell seeing other crypids like bigfoot. It's the first and only cryptic I've seen in my life and I'm 35 now. Still live in washington state which is super squatchy but never seen bigfoot. But I know for a fact I saw a Thunderbird that winter day in idaho. When it flew away its wings were as long from end to end as a small bus. It wasnt a pterodactyl like creature like some might think a thunderbird is. It was basically just a bigazz eagle as tall as a person and wings as long as a limo. We also had aurora borealis that night too if theres any connection. I told our resident native american named steve Goodman whose to come and to sweats with us in his teepee. He believed me and said it's very sacred and spiritual to see the thunderbird. Never believed in it before but now I know literally anything is possible and can share the earth with us especially in the pacific northwest. That's my story sounds like a lie but I will swear on it it's the truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

My First UFO Sighting

Back around the mid 60's I saw a UFO so close I could have hit it with a rock. I watched this craft hover in the air just above the trees, for what seemed like the longest time. It slowly dropped down and almost touched the ground. It jumped up and took off. I was only about 13 years old. I was afraid to tell anyone because I didn't want them to think I was crazy.

About six years later I got my second look at the Harrier. My first UFO sighting got blown out the water. I guess I should add that I was living at a Naval Air Testing Center at the time.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I have many strange stories that sound unbelievable. My entire life I have been like a magnet for weirdness. One of my favorites is the time my ex- mother inlaw and I (with my oldest child on my hip) stood under a UFO and ended up losing time.

Back around October of 1989 my husband, toddler child and I were staying with my inlaws while we were remodeling the house we had bought prior to moving in. I had scored an unexpected weekday off from work and decided to start supper early as the kiddo was hungry. It was around 4:00 in the afternoon and I left the kitchen door open to let the afternoon sunshine in as there was a solid glass storm door and my daughter played with toys on the kitchen floor while I cooked and my mother inlaw sat in the next room watching television.

As I was cooking a shadow started to cross the kitchen. I turned from the stove and looked toward the glass door to see what was up and the back yard and field behind it were dark. I walked to the door and looked out seeing nothing, so I opened the door and took the three steps down to the yard. I looked up and there it was, like nothing I had seen before and have not seen since. It was at least 100 yards long and about 50 yards wide (approximated due to the field behind the yard being a full sized football practice field for the school). It was a dark almost gun metal gray in color, the exact color of storm clouds, and there was not a glint or glare of anything reflective. It was hovering extremely low, I'd say only maybe 30-50 yards above me. There were no seams, no rivets, no openings and was cigar shaped though not exactly what you would consider classic cigar shape as the end tapered. Despite it's size it didn't make a sound- absolutely none!

I ran back in the house and grabbed my mother inlaw by the arm and dragged her outside. We just stood there for a while in amazement until I heard my daughter banging on the glass door, so I went and got her and held her on my hip as we just gawked at whatever this thing was. It seemed like we had stood there about 15-20 minutes when the object started to move slowly to the west- and then it suddenly disappeared and then instantly reappeared over the trees at least 8 miles away over the river. The sky was much darker than it should have been and I remembered the food I'd left cooking on the stove so we went in.

When we walked back into the kitchen dinner was done and the stove was turned off. The lights were all on in the house. My father inlaw and ex-husband were sitting in the living room eating and watching television- mind you both didn't get off work until 9:00pm and then both had to drive home from the next town over. My father inlaw asked if we'd had a good visit as he presumed we had been over at the neighbors drinking coffee or something, he said we were not in the house or in the yard because he had looked for us. My ex said dinner was done when he got there and he figured I'd just turned the stove off and walked next door because the food was still steaming hot. When we told them what happened my father inlaw said we were trying to pull the wool over his eyes and my ex said I didn't have to make up stories and get his mama in on it- he didn't care if we went to cackle like hens with the neighbor.

My mother inlaw and I talked about it several times after. Neither of us could ever explain the missing time or how dinner had finished cooking itself and was still hot 5 hours after I began cooking. We talked to the neighbor and she never saw us. We never found anyone else who saw what we saw that day. After a while we stopped talking about it because people thought we were crazy. My mother inlaw went to her grave never knowing the whole truth of that day- I hope that I do not.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Swamp gas. Move along......

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Is that where you got your name from?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sounds like the craft from the movie Arrival a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SickSalvation84
Sounds like the craft from the movie Arrival a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Just Googled pic. Similar, horizontal rather than verticle, no angles or flatness like that, no edges.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I had a pet elephant when I was 8 and 9. Not any elephant but Thai, the star of operation Dumbo drop and larger than life.

The owner knew my uncle and we were living on my families ranch in Redlands California. He had just taken Thai out of the circus and needed a place to keep her for a while, so they made arrangements to keep her at our ranch.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
We had a bad neighbor once.. he later died by bleeding out at home. I wonder if my wishful thinking aided..

This guy was horrible. He would do weird crap and then call the police on ME. The cops know me and I neverhad a proiblem before. Im squeaky clean and they know about my husband and I and who we are. Then they mustve hired some little fat blonde cop from some mail order police academy. I was already mad and I have little tolerance for stupidity even on a good day. I told her she better get her story straight before coming to my house and getting an attitude with me. She said something Ill never forget, " Dont write a check your ass cant cash". I INSTANTLY red lined. Im kind of feisty and that sounded like a challenge to me I guess. I dont really know what I was thinking. Next thing I know some entity possessed me and I went after this kid. SHe takes off like a fat blonde bat out of hell. My husband grabbed me so I didnt follow her further down my drive yelling, hey bitch I can cash any check I write. She gets in her car and calls for a supervisor I guess cause one showed up. He didnt do anything but after about a minute they both drove away without speaking with me. I still laugh cause she had about 20 years of youth compared to me and was obviously armed. Bet she isnt a cop now. Maybe a less stressful job in the fast food industry. Shed make about as much as she did as a cop and could be rude from behind a counter.

I dated a guy an million years ago that trained hunting dogs with a brown bear he owned. It was in a big enclosure and had a claw foot bathtub full of water for him to lounge in and was a sweet set up . He had to take a day drive with his dad to meet some buy with a bitch for his stud dog. He asked me to watch this huge hungry yet oddly cuddly brown bear. He mustve been out of his mind. My animal issue was well known by then. LOL! Im feeding Barney ( the bear) and he comes screaming down the drive and flies out of the truck... and yanks me out of the cage. His dad was a huge country guy.. old and filling out his XL 'alls to the busting point. I never saw fatman move so fast! He knew my dad and was afraid of him and what he would do if I was harmed. That possibility was also well known. All I know is that he was running sort of straight for us yelling that he swallowed the juice. I later learned he meant the tobacco and spit because he was a tobacco chewer. I was in the cage feeding Barney like he was a baby in a high chair... raw venison. With my hands. In shorts and a bikini top... showing all my choice munchable parts I guess. It NEVER occurred to me that Barney might be dangerous. He was a 2 yr old overweight brown bear who had dog friends becasue the hunting the dogs were doing was for conservation and not shoot to eat hunting. My dad had said a million times that for a smart girl I was pretty stupid. Looking back on things in my life, I guess he had a point.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I broke a toilet seat. You know how solid those things are.. after a heavy night of drinking I thought it'd be a good idea to take some valium.

Hurrah.. the next morning after what seemed like an eternity I made it to the toilet.. when all was said and done, I found my legs had wandered off on their own, and as I struggled to stand on these jelly like appendages, I managed to stand.. but only momentarily.

I took one step and fell backwards onto the toilet breaking a good part of the strengthened plastic seat with the sheer power of my back alone, fell forwards, knocked my head on the bathtub and knocked myself out for a few hours.

I then went back to bed and found prawn heads all over the floor and my 32 inch tv had fallen onto my telescope rendering the display a perfect psychedelic random vision of colours, my mouse wouldn't let the middle mouse wheel click, my Logitech keyboard had begun refusing to accept the windows buttons, I lost my expensive bluetooth ear buds and I still don't know why there were prawn heads all over the floor.

I then found a mysterious tin of eclipse chewing gum in a plastic wrapped metal container. After pondering wtf had occurred, I attempted to open the tin but first had to remove the plaster shrink wrap. After many attempts and a newly cut right hand thumb, I opened this magical tin, still not knowing how it had arrived in my house. To my surprise and amazement, it was full of 5 cent pieces? $2.45 worth. I gave up on this bewildering event, picked up as many prawn heads as I could, yet every time I completed this task, I found a cache of yet more hidden under things. Perhaps they were mad at me for having devoured their deshelled meaty goodness and had decided to plot against me by flailing out of the kitchen and scattering all over my bedroom floor, knowing it would be a 40 degree Celsius day.. who can tell, when it comes to disembodied prawns..

I still have the hematoma the size of a large rockmellon in the best part of my back, which has partially congealed now, making it impossible to lay down, sit in a chair or move properly as it has stopped being a squishy painful sack of blood.

Actually, that's entirely believable.. damn it...

edit on 8-1-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
While not one of mine, this guy.. lol. James Acaster..

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

That's so sad.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Unbelievable but true stories...

How about a girl that was a couple years older that I had absolutely every intention of spending a wonderful weekend with took a long look in my eyes and suddenly said she was leaving the event, that there was no doubt in her mind that we would have a perfect weekend together and would probably spend the rest of our lives together. And as much as she wanted that, she had to leave and that one day I would understand completely why and thank her for it. Because this weekend was to be mine.

I helped her pack the car, said my goodbyes and was bewildered and hurt, but I trusted her and what difference would a lost weekend make in what could be a lifetime. And even she sorta admitted as much, right? But still it stung and what the hell difference would it make whether she was here close and strong or gone and leaving me to feel a little rejected and vulnerable?

And she was absolutely correct. That weekend was pivotal in me becoming the person I became. Everything after dabbing that tear from my eye watching her leave was because jumped into the Herbert Amos Brown persona to hide that hurt and loneliness from everyone else there. It was the wellspring of that cool confidence that would in the years to come have me invited to lunch by the Governor’s wife, being introduced to then Vice President Bush as “This is the young man I was telling you about, Mr. Vice President...”, that not only cracked jokes with Dr. Julian when he was the University of Tennessee band director just before pre-game but had Dr. Julian crack a joke with me when I screwed up a formation at practice...unfortunately for me I was also offered a full ride too late to accept, but that was a different story. They brought me back as “an alum” when he retired though I would only had been a junior or senior at most.

There is a whole host of other stories that never would have happened had she thought of her own heart at the time instead of my potential.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I was in a coma for two weeks and live through them removing some of my right lung (pneumonectomy). Prior to the coma I crashed and saw the big bright white light and rose in the air to meet "god" where I was given a choice to stay or return. I'm sure it was all from some chemical cocktail my brain was bathing in at the time of death? At the time I interpreted it in a religious manner. Today it's just an unbelievable thing...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm not in the music/entertainment biz and rarely go near Hollywood, but the most surreal night of my life was the time I bowled 10 frames with Blondie drummer Clem Burke and Wall of Voodoo frontman Stan Ridgeway at Phil Spector's birthday party. Celebs were everywhere, and I actually got to meet and take a photo with Phil. He was obviously loaded and was being led around by his handlers. It was just a few months later when he shot Lana Clarkson.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Wow. Crazy. Probably we have some higher power on the sky? 'cause only higher power can help you in difficult and stressful situations.. like exams or whatever.. www.wowessays.com... service can also help you and avoid a lot of problems during school/university period

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I tended bar at Bob Netolicky's wedding rehearsal dinner. probably a bigger deal if you're in Indiana.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join