It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Suns Binary and Spiritual Second Sun (Coverup)

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

This is probably not the place to discuss this, but we'll leave that up to the OP or the MOD to determine thread drift.

The legend of Hiram Abiff is often put forward as a belief by Freemasons but there are groups that prefer the Regius Manuscript which tells they originated in ancient Egypt

From what I understand, the legend of HA is *merely* an allegorical tool or story to teach moral lessons, and not to be taken literally.

I'm sure you will agree that the Regius simply confirms that Freemasonry existed as far back as at least the mid-15th century; but, nobody really knows with any certainty who wrote the poem or what the author's motivation was for writing it. Its 'Egyptian Origins' material, while interesting, obviously can never be proven true beyond a reasonable doubt. It may even have been written as a propaganda document by a priest in order to persuade the reigning King of England to permit an annual Masonic Assembly. Assemblies were apparently banned in England at the time.

It is also believed that it was written to counter a statute from 1425 which banned assemblies. The specific portion which calls for an annual assembly would counter the ban with some royal authority.
Link. Who knows?

It is probably likely that those that prefer the Egyptian history are more likely to be attached to Mystery Schools and ancient Egyptian alleged magic.

Sure, some might find justification for their concordant affiliations in the manuscript; I wouldn't suppose there are very many these days who actually rely on it as an authoritative document.

Thanks for sharing a bit of your dad's history with me.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So to be perfectly clear here, none of the masons in this thread have any experience in the Sirius star being acclaimed as a celestial body with significant impact on the physics or cultural development of civilization? In a word, it is superstition?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The Blazing Star is far from "acclaimed" by Freemasonry as the star(s) known as Sirius. The general consensus among Masonic scholars (all dead now) was that it represented God or the Providence of God, or the Star of Bethlehem. No doubt, you might find some Mason(s) or other (dead or alive) who might acknowledge it represents Sirius; in fact, I'm waiting for the OP, purplemer, to read and respond to my first post asking for the Pike source she (or he) mentioned to me in a PM. I haven't heard or read about any other source, other than a passing mention at this L I N K; where it says,

The application of the Masonic Blazing Star as an emblem of the Savior has been made by those writers who give a Christian explanation of our emblems, and to the Christian Freemason, such an application will not be objectionable.

But those who desire to refrain from anything that may tend to impair the tolerance of our system, will be disposed to embrace a more universal explanation, which may be received alike by all the disciples of the Order, whatever may be their peculiar religious views.

I wager that means the Blazing Star symbol in Masonic Lodges is open to interpretation, irregardless of its general understanding among our Christian Brethren.

🤷‍♂️

edit on 14-2-2020 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What importance would a binary system have in terms of spirituality?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

Systems are mathematical, including binary systems. Everything is mathematical; the universe is mathematical.

Pythagoras had no problem creating a spirituality based on maths.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker

God/Goddess equality. This was intended to be an archetype model to be followed. It did not happen.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker

Well, for starters...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason
Hi CanadianMason,
I don't think Purplemar is available this week, so probably will need a few days for reply.
The Freemasons are not responsible for the legends and myths regarding Sirius, they were being formulated before regular Freemanry existed.
I can not confirm link below regarding Stonehenge i would need to go there to take measurements, which can't be done, as i have paraplegia, but is interesting regarding Alnilam and Sirius:-
www.ancient-origins.net...

edit on 15-2-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Edit.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
So to be perfectly clear here, none of the masons in this thread have any experience in the Sirius star being acclaimed as a celestial body with significant impact on the physics or cultural development of civilization? In a word, it is superstition?

I would say that no Mason has ever had a lodge that included any material about Sirius the star.

And no astronomer or physicist believes that it has any physical impact. Anthropologically, the only civilization that it had major significance for was Egypt since its rising marked the coming of the flood season. In cultures and civilizations where it did not flood seasonally, Sirius was not as important as the sun or the moon or a number of other forces.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Not all would i say is true regarding link to Hermeticism below, but does give some interesting information:-

www.renewamerica.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62
a reply to: cherokeetroy
I have heard of E8 and read about it, however most of my insight in numbers has been Phi (Golden Ratio) and the fractal Mandelbrot Set, if you scroll down link below to approx. 6th thread section and then onwards you can see some of my work, you may want to look at next page:-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

One thing I wanted to add about the Mandlebrot Set is how it perfectly exemplifies how we create reality through what we choose to pay attention to. Our mindful focus serves as the zoom. When you observe the fractals in the Mandlebrot, you can zoom into any area that you want. Whichever part you magnify, expands and the rest disappears into the void

Our focus works the same way. What we 'zoom in on' becomes the projected parts of our reality. Whatever we downplay or ignore, dissipates
edit on 17-2-2020 by cherokeetroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker
this is precession of the equinoxes, the science of "as above so below"

i think it was Santos Bonacci I was listening to a long time ago that said the Sun and SIrius take thousands of years to do orbit each other. They orbit in an eliptical pattern and as our Sun and Sirius get further away from each other human consciousness declines.

So we have supposedly been in the bronze age for the last couple thousand years which is why humanity is so disconnected from full consciousness. This is why we have wars, famine, confusion, religions fighting, racism, short life spans, etc...

As we get closer to Sirius human consciousness expands and becomes more connected to truth and consciousness. We become more spiritual and learn to use our consciousness to do things we would consider to be miracles today, like telepathy, instant healing, telekinesis, psychokinesis, etc...

Earth is basically a school where souls reincarnate for thousands of lives learning and expanding their souls and the power of their consciousness to the point where we eventually become "Gods".

Here's the video. He starts talking about SIrius about 11 mins in and gets a lot more into it in the second part. Im gonna rewatch it cause it's been so long.

edit on 18-2-2020 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
yeah this one has a lot more about Sirius and the rotations and ages in it.

struggling with the embed for some reason.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Can anyone confirm that the above videos make sense before I start watching? Because I did a YouTube search and there are several videos on his channel, each the length of a feature film.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

There's some decent info in there, nothing groundbreaking and a lot of what he represents is his own opinion.

To be fair, seems to have a decent understanding of astronomy, unfortunately a little knowledge paired with speculative theory tends to go tits up fast and there are some huge leaps being taken here.

edit on 18/2/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade
Hi Grenade,
I would agree with your opinion, if we were so connected to Sirius by orbits, then we would see this at least by longitude, regarding axail precession. But Sirius behaves the same as any other star that rises and sets, and by procession slips about one degree every two hundred years along the horizon or by culminating like 1st January, obviously by culminating we have a better alignment with Polaris than Sirius as it never rises or sets, and have been used by seafarers from the beginning,
However we must wait for better information in the next few years.
en.wikipedia.org...
The beliefs about Sirius has lasted for thousands of years.
I am researching at the moment the births and deaths of American Presidents and UK Prime Ministers, and as usaully we don't choose these dates, so far i've found approx. two thirds are aligned to Sirius and Alnilam which is very high, so perhaps i am missing something.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Can anyone confirm that the above videos make sense before I start watching? Because I did a YouTube search and there are several videos on his channel, each the length of a feature film.

The parts that I watched about Egypt weren't correct. Sirius was neither Isis nor Osiris... it was Sopdet: en.wikipedia.org...

The usage of "dog" is incorrect because "dog days" and "dogging someone/something" is English only and fairly recent usage ... from about 1700 or thereabouts: www.etymonline.com...

I'm sure there are other problems, but the delivery was tiresome and the parts that I saw were demonstrably incorrect that i gave up on it after watching less than half.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

The parts that I watched about Egypt weren't correct. Sirius was neither Isis nor Osiris... it was Sopdet: en.wikipedia.org...

The usage of "dog" is incorrect because "dog days" and "dogging someone/something" is English only and fairly recent usage ... from about 1700 or thereabouts: www.etymonline.com...

I'm sure there are other problems, but the delivery was tiresome and the parts that I saw were demonstrably incorrect that i gave up on it after watching less than half.

Hi Byrd,
By your link:-
"Sopdet is the ancient Egyptian name of the star Sirius and its personification as an Egyptian goddess. Known to the Greeks as Sothis, she was conflated with Isis as a goddess and Anubis as a god."
During the Period of Egyptian mythology that lasted 3,000 years, there were blending of god and goddesses of Egypt, but Isis was associated with Sirius, and when the Greeks invaded, they also blended gods and goddesses with Egyptian ones, Osiris become Serapis etc. etc.
The "Dog Days of Summer" are from ancient Roman and Greek times:-
en.wikipedia.org...
When i was 11 years old i bought my first book on the Egyptian religion, i still have it!

edit on 20-2-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Edit.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Hi Booyakasha,
I'm aware of what the video explains but i don't agree that Sirius and our Earth's orbits are somehow joined, or that somehow Sirius isn't subject to precession.
Even the Pole Star Polaris will move on eventually, which at the present doesn't move at all from East to West across the sky:-
www.youtube.com...
I will explain this more fully soon.
As far as the beliefs about Sirius, this has swept across Europe and into the new world since Hermeticism and Western Esotericism:-
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
On the upper levels of some religions it seems to have been applied and tends to be believed in upper level secret societies, and seem that they align buildings and events to Sirius and Alnilam, as this is on a national level, they must be highly placed, which is controversial!

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join