It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another year in the bag anyone else glad its over?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm one of those people that look at the holiday season as starting around Thanksgiving and ending Christmas.

New Years is not a holiday we really celebrate any longer. It's a younger persons holiday and one that we don't see as a big deal any more.

So today our holiday period ends. It ends well. A final perfect meal, the family happy with their gifts.

I'm beat.

But will go back to work tomorrow after a couple of weeks off. I have end of month reports, end of quarter reports, and obviously. . . end of year reports.

But I'm looking forward to just working and no longer worrying about dinners, parties, gifts, etc. I'm one of those that do stress about it. So glad it's all over.

This is the one day, the final day that I can truly relax and kick back.

Is there anyone else that's also glad that it is over?

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I drove 800 miles yesterday for my first day off of work, after working a half day.

Christmas day has been wonderful... spent with friends and family and good food and wine.

Now I've got 10 days off... time to think, to plan for next year, to relax.

New Year's is a big thing for my family... a hedonistic booze-fest that starts on my birthday and ends in the next year for those of us who survive it.

So for me no...

My playtime has just started.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Well cheers then!

We'll call it shift change.

I just had two weeks off, now you got yours!

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

If we're talking about the entire 2019 year then yes I am more than happy to see the back of it. I've had nothing but brown stuff fall into my lap this year from becoming one of the growing number of people to develop Tinnitus (constant noise) in my left ear thanks to an Ear Infection, losing my German Shepard Midnight in Feb, started therapy for abuse (done to me not by me) massive pay cut at work (local council cuts) missed out on a great woman though we're still friends and a Christmas that felt more like a MUST HAVE FUN year than ever before so yep I cannot wait for it to be over. This year has sucked harder than the supermassive black hole at the centre of the Milky Way.

Bring on 2020.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Good on you for surviving!

Lets all hope for a better 2020!

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well now hold on there bucko. There's still a few days left in 'ol 2019. Plenty of time for some shenanigans to happen, time for mandala to bite me in the butt.....again.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yes brother I am.

Some sad loses this year. Some intense stress from family situations.

Lesson learned from both? Blood is not thicker than water. Water can run thicker than blood.

Roll on 2020... I’m waiting for you with clenched fists or open arms, what you gonna bring?!

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Enjoy your time off Lumenari. Bit burnt out here, literally.

Bally

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Things to be happy for, friends to be missed. Lovely goals met by grandchildren. Memories to cherish. Survival accomplished. Not a bad year.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Bally,

The year 2020 will be a great year for ya mate!

It is the year of re-building.

Yep, ya got those chook pens to rebuild, doggy kennels, tomato stakes, ...

Busy busy year ahead mate and you will do well.

You are very lucky this year, your Guardian Angel came in your hour of need and presumably helped you.

Just keep going mate, The Legend of Bally continues.

P

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Christmas was brought to Me by Hewlett-Packard... And a good one it was. Solitary, but filled with inspiration and cheer.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It’s been a pretty good year for me. I retired for good in May, so I have had a lot of time to do the things I want to do. I spent Christmas just with my hubby. My family no longer gets together anymore. That’s okay though. We sent each other holiday greetings via text. I made a meat loaf for dinner, and we had a nice quiet day at home with music and beer.

Since I don’t have to go back to work, my stress level is low. Not planning to do anything other than stay home NYE, drink champagne, and goof off. It’s very nice to be retired. I don’t have a lot of money, but lots of love in my family, great friends, and my condo that I bought a little over a year ago, my first home of my own. So I am content.

Those of you struggling are in my prayers. I’ve had some crappy awful years, including 2018 where I fell into a deep depression and thought of killing myself before going to see my doctor and getting some good meds.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: bally001

Bally,

The year 2020 will be a great year for ya mate!

It is the year of re-building.

Yep, ya got those chook pens to rebuild, doggy kennels, tomato stakes, ...

Busy busy year ahead mate and you will do well.

You are very lucky this year, your Guardian Angel came in your hour of need and presumably helped you.

Just keep going mate, The Legend of Bally continues.

P

Thanks 358, always smilin here. Regards to you and yours from me and truey.

Kind regards, all's good.

bally and beer

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

2019 is a year that my immediate family "wife, daughter, me" survived.
Barely....

We did lose three cousins on my wife's side, two too cancers and one to heart issues.
All three were pushing 80 so that's one positive point about them. They didn't die young.

My side lost one cousin to cancer but she was not even 60. Way too young.
And one aunt was lost too being 90 something.

One of my friends buried his 22 yr old son last week after an accident.

We have been to the funeral home 10 times this year with family and friends..
The funeral director joked with me that he sees me more than his kids.... I don't think he was kidding...

I guess in the grand scheme of things this year has been mostly full of good times and our family unit has been lucky to avoid any direct tragedies but for some reason I still feel that 2019 can pucker up and kiss my ass.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

This has been an absolute roller coaster of a year. I will be glad it when it is over.
It will end on a high note, but some dips in the year were the lowest in my life.

I have a feeling 2020 will be much better. (hopefully)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Well you know me, got an iron in the fire for the new year already. So, looking forward to see how things shake out on that front. But there is a level of excitement to it.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The year was good in general, calm but with a few good surprises. This last month thou was crazy like hell, in a hurry to throw in all the bad luck that should have happened thru out the year. Happy to see it over while I'm crossing my fingers for the few days that are left. January should be a quiet month and I really need some rest

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Enjoy your time off Lumenari. Bit burnt out here, literally.

Bally

I heard and I'm sorry that you are on fire down under.

Hope the apple seeds will be cathartic.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yeah, the heart attack sucked but I'm still alive so there is that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join