It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas and Thank You Ayatollah! Leader marks birth anniversary of Jesus Christ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
He said it and the Tehran Times reported out on it on their front page. Thanks to the Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and world peace to all. Merry Christmas and happy birthday Jesus Christ.

"

TEHRAN — Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has marked the birthday anniversary of Jesus Christ (PBUH), calling for adherence to the teachings of the prophet. “The honor #Muslims attribute to #JesusChrist (pbuh) is no less than his position and merit in the eyes of the Christian believers in Christianity,” a post on Ayatollah Khamenei’s official Twitter account read. “Today, many who claim to follow Jesus Christ, take a different path than that of him. The guidance of #Jesus, the son of #Mary (peace be upon our Prophet and her) is guidance towards worshiping #God and confronting the Pharaohs and tyrants,” another tweet by the Leader said. “Following #JesusChrist requires adherence to righteousness and abhorrence of anti-righteous powers, and it is hoped that #Christians and #Muslims in every part of the world will adhere to this great lesson from Jesus (pbuh) in their lives and deeds.” Christmas is an annual commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ, celebrated generally on December 25 as a religious and cultural holiday by millions of people around the world
"

Tehran Times

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
At least they recognize that Jesus and the woman who gave Him a virgin birth were special.
Muslims have always thought of Jesus as a Holy prophet for Allah.. could never quite figure out why some are so brutal with Christians, but it could have to do with the fact that Christians view Jesus differently.

It’s a nice message and one Christians need to pay attention to as far as emulating the teachings of Christ ( for me anyhow )

Who’d a thunk the leader of the Muslim world would wish us a Merry Christmas with respect for Jesus ?
I’ll take it .. with gratitude.😊

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Who’d a thunk the leader of the Muslim world would wish us a Merry Christmas with respect for Jesus ?

Islam considers Jesus a prophet so while the words from Ali Khamenei are not surprising they are welcome given the current political climate.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Sheye

Islam considers Jesus a prophet so while the words from Ali Khamenei are not surprising they are welcome given the current political climate.

They might not like him if they read Biblical scripture

Yeshua said " I and the Father are one"

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

What makes you think Islamic scholars haven't read Biblical scripture ?

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
From what I have "read",it would seem that Christians in Iran are treated the best in The Middle East.Just what I read.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nice attempt from him to misdirect attention from what is happening in Iran.

Estimates are 1500 people are killed in the last few weeks , gunned down by government forces who got the green light to fire live rounds into protestors.

www.cnbc.com...

hes a 2 faced snake , talks about world peace while pumping people that live in his country full of lead.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
Nice attempt from him to misdirect attention from what is happening in Iran.

Estimates are 1500 people are killed in the last few weeks , gunned down by government forces who got the green light to fire live rounds into protestors.

www.cnbc.com...

hes a 2 faced snake , talks about world peace while pumping people that live in his country full of lead.

😕... unfortunately it is what it is..

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I'm Christian and I'm not even sure if this is Jesus real DOB.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In the eyes of Islam, Christians are blasphemers because they believe Jesus to be the Son of God, or God in the flesh, not just a normal human blessed as a prophet of God. Also they have a problem with the idea of Christ dying for the sins of man and the belief in a trinity. Likely most Muslims have never read the Gospels or know more than a few references of Jesus as a Prophet of God in the Quran.

Jews (like Christians) are called the people of The Book, and are likely considered by Muslims to be closer in belief to Islam than the Christians are, but look at how they despise the Jews. These Iranian props for Jesus and Christians don't sound too sincere in my opinion.

With that in mind, as much as the leader of Iran may have actually been sincere in this announcement, to me it seems like a ploy to use the Christmas holiday as a political tool. Not sure what he is trying to do politically, but that will probably come out soon.
edit on 25-12-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

it isn't... said date was adopted to get more converts from paganism

Sol Invictus was the celebration before it was Xmas

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

With that in mind, as much as the leader of Iran may have actually been sincere in this announcement, to me it seems like a ploy to use the Christmas holiday as a political tool. Not sure what he is trying to do politically, but that will probably come out soon.

yeah.. my intuition tells me you are probably right about this.😕

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Perhaps because the Ayatollah thinks that Jesus opposed "Pharaohs and tyrants"?

But I'm fairly sure that Allah didn't incarnate and get tortured to death at any stage, on our behalf.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Christians are not people of the book, flat out wrong
Christians are the servants of Jesus.

Christians are not saved by a book or serve a book or even called to love a book

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Islamic scholars will tell you that is polytheisim.

And this is what the Koran also says in two places, and what Revelation says in the Bible

There is Allah

Any more questions?
edit on 25-12-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You'd be right.

If sheeple could actually think for themselves instead of following (poor) script blindly then their attempts at self identification as christian may just start to make sense at a absolute minimum.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Its not Jesus was born 6 months after John which would of been in September at the fest of tabernacles.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Why did you need to bring that ignorance here?

You do relize the Bible says exactly the same thing about God as the Quran does about Alah in this exact same situation. It’s as if both books say exactly the same thing but people don’t comprehend what they are reading so they see differences where no difference exists.

2 Thessalonians 2

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The Quran and Bible agree. Disbelievers will attempt to deceive mankind into following wicked ways, but Gods delusion will be the most powerful and in the end God wins.

So the Bible makes claim that God is the best at deception too.

edit on 25-12-2019 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2019 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Why did you need to bring that ignorance here?

You do relize the Bible says exactly the same thing about God as the Quran does about Alah in this exact same situation. It’s as if both books say exactly the same thing but people don’t comprehend what they are reading so they see differences where no difference exists.

2 Thessalonians 2

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The Quran and Bible agree. Disbelievers will attempt to deceive mankind into following wicked ways, but Gods delusion will be the most powerful and in the end God wins.

So the Bible makes claim that God is the best at deception too.

He allowed them to fall captive to what they desired, by allowing Satan (Allah) to take them down.

Check your translations word for word. God does not sin. Man and fallen beings ( fallen angelic) do. God allows them to fall due to their transgressions and sinful desires
edit on 25-12-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
No one is mentioning that Jesus was not born on December 25th. He was most likely born in October some time in the year 2 B. C. E.

This is verified in the fact that shepherds were out in the fields the night he was born. Shepherds would not be out of doors during the rainy and cold month of December in Israel. Also it would be foolish to call a census (Augustus' decree of a census was what lead Joseph to travel to his hometown) in the middle of winter.

December 25th is centered around a Roman pagan holiday that was incorporated into the apostate Christian Church.

To the person who said Jesus said: The Father and I are one. He also said that he and his apostles were one. And he also asked to become one with all his disciples just as he is one with is Father. If you are one with someone, you are in union with, or in agreement with that one.

Jesus and his apostles are not all one person like this person is trying to claim. And you do not become part of the Godhead if you become one with Jesus as he is with God either.

One more thing to note, Jesus said that we must worship with spirit AND TRUTH. You can have the desire, but if you don't have the truth it is not acceptable. It is certainly is not acceptable to continue to celebrate outright lies as if God is pleased with them.

Certainly he overlooks ignorance. But he does expect people to use the noggin they were given. The stuff isn't that hard to investigate and find out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join