It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic impeachment holdout Jeff Van Drew planning to switch parties

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

And we all know that one party being in total control has worked so well in the past.

Right? 🤔
edit on 12/14/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Only way Dems will be able to call their impeachment vote "bipartisan"...is to have some Dems switch parties before voting for it.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Good point. Last time that happened for a significant stretch was FDR’s New Deal Progressives. I prominent Senator called it Twenty Years of Treason.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
His life is in grave danger.

He needs a secret service detail pronto

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Not to mention the Nazi party and any of the Communist Regimes throughout history.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Sat Dec 14 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Oh, remember that missle event over hawaii?

And that "helicopter" event.

Uh, and epstein...

And seth rich....
edit on 12 14 2019 by dashen because: Dnc in trouble

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It does remind me of The Reichstag Fire now that you mention it. A plot to usurp power and laying of blame. Good job.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Ahabstar

Not to mention the Nazi party and any of the Communist Regimes throughout history.

You would have to be severely convoluted in your thinking to believe that the US is anywhere close to a Nazi type of government happening. The ONLY party that is similar is the democratic party....using children as spokespeople, taking away guns and promising free stuff....

I would gladly welcome the squashing of the current democratic party and the ushering in of a more balanced and reasonable party.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Haha the impeachment is going so well that republicans are picking up seats BEFORE the next election. How ironic.

Which raises an honest question that I don't have the answer for off the top of my head..

Does the seat flip Republican now?

Does that depend on the state?

Is there precedent?

Something I need to look up when I get home... but is there an ATS answer for that?

Because I'm stuck at work for the next few hours with a horrible internet connection...

edit on 14-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, party affiliation doesn't determine the seat for the length of the term, the representatives own affiliation is what determines that.

Honestly I know nothing about the guy, so it could be a RINO situation, where he sides heavily democrat but has an R next to the name, but yes if he changes his party officially, it will indeed be a seat gained for republicans

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, party affiliation doesn't determine the seat for the length of the term, the representatives own affiliation is what determines that.

Honestly I know nothing about the guy, so it could be a RINO situation, where he sides heavily democrat but has an R next to the name, but yes if he changes his party officially, it will indeed be a seat gained for republicans

Thank you so much for the answer.

And yes, we know nothing about him but the fact that Republicans are gaining seats in the House of Representatives before the 2020 election made me giggle a little bit.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

a democrat with honor ? Who would've guessed.

I'd bet good money there's several that fit that description. They just get drowned out by Pelosi, Shiff, Nadler, Swalwell. AOC, Omar, Tlaib...

I've been wondering how long it would take for this exodus to begin. Now that one has decided to leave, expect more... potentially a lot more.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

They all just saw what happened in the UK elections, I guarantee a LOT of democrats in swing/red states are going to be rethinking their approach to this impeachment.

If they don't, they will be out of office, I'll be voting for a politician for the first time since I first voted in 1999 for Al Gore. Might as well make the whole ticket I vote for red since the California exodus flooded Nevada with liberals and turned the state blue.

Time to counteract that with my vote,

Sincerely signed,

The silent majority.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The real danger in this for the DNC is two-fold. Firstly, humans are loathe to take drastic action by themselves. When they see others taking actions they have silently considered taking, however, the decision to follow is much easier than the decision to lead. That increases the chance that more Democratic Representatives will follow suit and make the move to Republican affiliation, especially if the pressure on them to vote against their conscience and constituents increases. It likely will, because this move is one less vote for impeachment, making any additional questionable votes more important. It's fairly obvious that some votes are tenuous at best, else Pelosi wouldn't be pushing for quick impeachment so hard. Get it done before anyone changes their minds.

Second, and this is the real danger, most people do not identify as strictly Democrat or Republican. They tend to follow the party that their favorite politicians favor. So when a lifelong Democrat who has been praising Jeff Van Drew suddenly is faced with the prospect that Jeff Van Drew has rejected the DNC platform, they suddenly have to choose... the person they know, or the party. Oftentimes that will cause people to re-evaluate their political position faster than anything else could.

I saw this when Richard Shelby changed to the Republican party. Lifelong Democrats were suddenly looking at this strange new party with interest. Remember that his switch happened way back when people here were just starting to seriously question the DNC platform. That one shift from a sitting Senator caused the entire state to eventually turn from deep blue to red.

Pelosi knows this, I'm sure. Maybe it's time to buy stock in liquor, before they announce the dedicated pipeline to her place?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Well, I have to admit you just scared the Bejezus out of me when you said you voted for Al Gore... but then again, you're in Nevada and likely didn't know the Gores as well as I did/do. They can talk a good game, but every one of them is crooked as a dog's hind leg. Consummate career politicians.

In any case, welcome to the voting public! Nice to have you on board.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It means that any bad stuff he did as a dem will be forgiven once he changes parties.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I was 18 in 1999.

“If a man is a republican at twenty, it is because he has no heart, and if he isn't one at forty, it is because he has no brains.”

edit on 14-12-2019 by Vector99 because: misquoted

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Hahaha!

Fair enough, my friend, fair enough.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join