It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Says Trump Finances Must Remain Private Until it Rules in June 2020.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
December 13, 2019

All entities seeking President Trump's financial records must now WAIT until the Supreme Court Rules one way or the other. June 2020 at the earliest..

The Supreme Court on Friday agreed to take up three cases regarding President Donald Trump's tax and financial records.

Two of the cases involve congressional subpoenas from Democratic-led committees investigating Trump's financial background. The third relates to the Manhattan district attorney's office's efforts to obtain Trump's business records to investigate whether the Trump Organization broke state law.

The Supreme Court is scheduled to begin hearing the cases in March and will come to a ruling by the end of its term in June.

Currently, the court has a 5-4 conservative majority, and two of the justices, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, are Trump appointees.

Source: www.businessinsider.com...

House Democrats were hoping to have the President's financial records in time to add any discrepancies they found, into their current Impeachment circus.

But now they'll have to wait until their next President Trump Impeachment project...assuming the Supreme Court rules that the financial and tax records are to be made available to interested parties.

-CareWeMust

edit on 12/13/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This makes me smile. Even the president has a right to privacy, who would have thought. I feel that long before we force Trump to expose his financial history, we need to find out how being in congress or the senate can lead you to a millionaire on such a meager salary, when the cost of living is so high in D.C. I'd love to get some stock tips and investment advice that the regular plebes don't get.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'd love to get some stock tips and investment advice that the regular plebes don't get.

I think we're going to find out that that's just a small part of the way these swampy politicians have been getting wealthy.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Trump's taxes would prove he's a criminal. Prove me wrong Mr. President and KEEP YOUR PROMISE TO RELEASE YOUR TAXES.

Unless, of course, some here still believe he being audited. LOL!

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Supreme Court Says Trump Finances Must Remain Private Until it Rules in June 2020.

No, the SCOTUS simply said it would hear the case.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Do you not believe Obama's IRS had him audited the entire time he was president? Obama weaponized the IRS against others, I'm sure it's not a stretch to comprehend that DJT was a target as well.

Donald Trump presented approx. 100 pages of financials. He doesn't need to release his tax returns.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

They are privy to insider trading on roids. Imagine getting to see where the money in a spending bill is going before anyone else. Knowing ahead of time who got what government contracts. They shouldn't get to invest while in office. Maybe they wouldn't stay so long. I know ……...pipe dreams.

I am more worried about this than I am Trumps taxes.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Trump's taxes would prove he's a criminal. Prove me wrong Mr. President and KEEP YOUR PROMISE TO RELEASE YOUR TAXES.

Unless, of course, some here still believe he being audited. LOL!

Pretty stupid comment, even for you.
His taxes would prove he is a criminal in what way?....what’s the #ing crime?
You don’t think the IRS has seen his taxes every year?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I bet that will be a project for President Trump's second term. Find out how Congress people who earn $185,000 a year are worth 10 million dollars in just a few years.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I bet that will be a project for President Trump's second term. Find out how Congress people who earn $185,000 a year are worth 10 million dollars in just a few years.

Like lapdog McConnell?

Cool.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

No, the SCOTUS simply said it would hear the case.

Right, it will rule one way or the other with the decision being made public in June of next year.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: carewemust

Like lapdog McConnell?

Cool.

Possibly. Draining the swamp is not discriminatory.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Trump's taxes would prove he's a criminal.

Then tell me, why isn't he in jail already?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why don’t you all want him to release his financial records? You could close the book on most everything, the Russia thing, a lot of things the left accuses him of. In one fell swoop.

And that would be it. You’d have something to rub in the Democrats face from now until the cows come home.

That is, unless you don’t really believe your own spiel about how ethical of a person he is...

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Why don’t you all want him to release his financial records? You could close the book on most everything, the Russia thing, a lot of things the left accuses him of. In one fell swoop.

And that would be it. You’d have something to rub in the Democrats face from now until the cows come home.

That is, unless you don’t really believe your own spiel about how ethical of a person he is...

What we want or do not want is of little consequence.

The question is does he have a legal obligation to?
The answer is no.

Therefore we will continue to support rights and laws, and fight against authoritarians and fascists.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Therefore we will continue to support rights and laws, and fight against authoritarians and fascists.

The irony of that statement when arguing in defense of Donald Trump..

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The irony of leftists calling Trump a fascist...

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The irony of leftists calling Trump a fascist...

What do you mean by that?

Donald Trump is a man famous for being unethical and flouting the law every chance he gets, and here we have his supporters using “the law” as an excuse.

If it was the law anyone actually cared about they wouldn’t be arguing in favor of a man who has constantly and proudly broken it.
edit on 13-12-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm sure the irony of your statement escapes you.
How were today's impeachment proceedings? I haven't caught up yet.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: underwerks

I'm sure the irony of your statement escapes you.
How were today's impeachment proceedings? I haven't caught up yet.

Unlike all of you I’d feel the same way about a Democrat President who was proudly unethical and criminal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join