It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who remembers their first fist fight???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Yes. There are some groups of people that choose to inflict dire damage when engaged in a fistfight.

Human nature is to close onto the opponent so as to minimize dire damage.
I'm not sure I'm following your argument?

Or are you thinking of a fight club situation?
edit on 13-12-2019 by randomtangentsrme because: confused

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

No. Just those collective few that are trained to engage and prevail.

No argument. Just a statement of my observations.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

No. Just those collective few that are trained to engage and prevail.

No argument. Just a statement of my observations.

When in a fight individuals move to grapple from my own experience.
I suspect you have some experiences I can learn from. I would appreciate you allowing me to deny ignorance in this situation.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

6th grade. Dawn was her name. She was a feisty one. She would monkey-bite my arm constantly when we were in line going back to the classroom. I kept asking her to stop it, she kept doing it: next thing you know we are windmill punching each other in the doorway to the classroom and kids are getting hit walking thru us til the teacher finally broke it up.

It felt great. When we got back in the classroom her face was all red and she pulled her desktop up to cover her face. I was grinning at her lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I remember a fight with a 6th grade girl at the time.

Of course I was 47 then.

It was a close fight, but I ended up kicking her ass.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Must have been about 10, Bruce was his name, big strong smart and popular guy, dumb move on my part, he was picking on my friend and the fight itself is well lost to my memory, just the final punch to the nose, busted up real good, blood everywhere, down like a duck. On the upside my mate took me back to his house and his mum cleaned me up, gave me icecream and cool drink and plenty of compassion
Bruce and I never got on but cemented my relationship with Phil for decades

Strangely enough Phils mum wanted me to marry her daughter/Phil's sister a decade later, never made the connection till now, if there is one?

Then there was Brian, big strong and dumb, had him somehow, got him in a headlock on the ground and didn't know how to finish him, then he just stood up with my headlock locked on and slammed my body into the locker

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My first was with my brother. I was no more than 6 or 7 when we got into an argument one day in the back yard. He pushed me and turned around and started running. I caught up to him and hit him in the back and I turned around and started running. All the way around to the front concrete porch and as I had just opened the screen and wood door I turned around to see my brother rounding the corner and jumping up on the front porch. I stuck out my fist and he ran smack into it with his nose. He went into the house beside me crying mama, mama, Charles punched me in the nose. He hasn't forgiven me to this day.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Yes. There are some groups of people that choose to inflict dire damage when engaged in a fistfight.

Human nature is to close onto the opponent so as to minimize dire damage.
I'm not sure I'm following your argument?

Or are you thinking of a fight club situation?

Think Krav Maga..

You don't fight to fight, you fight to win. And in this day and age, a fight that is unnecessary often results in some form of severe damage.

I know I've walked away from situations where I know either the other guy or myself will be severely hurt.. and usually it involves some massive built scumnag high on meth who you just cannot reason with.

walk away... not worth going to prison for putting someone in a coma.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Not sure which of the 3 or 4 lifetime "fights" was when, but since age 14 verbal skills and constant vigilance have so far eliminated the need for fisticuffs. Like sport kickboxing doesn't count right?

HOWEVER, I was 4 or 5 inn kindergarten when a girl, daughter of a family friend, pelted me in the face with a block of wood in the middle of a schoolyard playhouse. It's possibly the reason for multiple attempts at marriage, I dunno.

And i was raised in a House of Women, 3 generations & me.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yes, it was Timmy in 1st grade. He had crutches and his daddy made bank so I knocked his crippled ass out and stole his lunch money. Thus began my career in extortion.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This will surprise some people here ,but when I was younger and dumber,and before my spinal injury,I loved to scrap..

Absolutely loved the thrill, the adrenalin,and yes,even the pain at times.
Won some, Lost a lot..

Now a days I don't like reminiscing over those altercations.

I have a family member who loves to tell tough-guy tales.. I've known this man my whole life and have heard the stories morph over time. You would think the guy was Patrick swayze in road house if you believed half his horse snip.

Alone once he admitted he hadn't actually thrown punches with anyone since he was in the third grade...This is a man pushing 70yrs. Old.

If I've learned one thing it's this :

Real tough-guys don't tell tough-guy stories.. Real tough-guys have stories told about them..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This wasnt a fight but something that has been in my mind forever.

Long ago....

Was in Elementary doing whatever we did in the cafeteria before school eat breakfast or some #.

Theres like the special ed class kids in the cafeteria along with kindergarten thru 5th.

think I was leaving to go to class, and one of these uhh retar uhh special ed kids smecks me.

like nothing serious I just thought maybe it was like retar err refelex.

and I'm like hey no problemo

BUUUUUT

This big giant ass Special Ed teacher is like

HIT HIM BACK!

I'm like thinking uhh wtf ??????

she like HIT HIM BACK

so i kinda like patted him on the arm cuz i didnt want to even be in this god damn situation.

THEN she is like

HIT HIM LIKE YOU'D HIT YOUR BROTHER OR SISTER...

Is that how school still goes? ^_^

i refused to smack the retarded kid.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

it's like I was a 1989 SJW.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join