It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Hours to go Lets have some predictions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I want a hung parliament .
Hang the lot of them traitors. I`m going to hide in the fridge until its over. Then head for London to start a hanging party.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
My local polling station was very quiet, maybe due to the rain......maybe due to apathy.

Most people I've spoken to today and very recently are either sick to death of the whole pathetic charade or are # scared of Corbyn getting into Downing Street. They tend to recognise that Boris is nearly as bad.....just the lesser of two evils.

A truly appalling situation for us to be in.
edit on 12/12/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The exit poll is usually accurate, they are not always correct but usually very close to the final count, it look's as if Labour has lost almost half it's support with the Tory's taking up much of the slack south of the border with Scotland and the SNP has made major gain's as well.

This is great news for Tory voters but terrible news for the future of the UK as with or without Whitehall's permission the SNP will now feel that they have the moral high ground in running a second referendum and will do so even if Whitehall say's they can not.

Cue the worst outcome for the UK with Boris Johnson's majority spelling the end of the UK in the very near future because this Tory victory south of the border is like a parcel knife through relation's between Westminster and Hollyrood.

Interesting time's and a very sad day for the poor of this country, the Independence of the BBC which will be next for the auction block and of course for the protection of out national health service, the conservatives are proven liars with a long track record of lie's and broken promises and Boris Johnson is no stranger to the art of the lie himself.

Poor old Britain what have you done to yourself.

edit on 12-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Poor old Britain what have you done to yourself.

I have a feeling and the results reflect it, that your views are very much in the

minority.

Am watching the results on TV and very early days I know, but although

conservatives are predicted to win by a large majority, I personally am beginning

to feel that the Brexit party are actually the winners by the percentage increase of

their votes against the smaller parties...... who knows they may become a future

party to recon with!!!

edit on 12-12-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

It is possible but more than likely the Reform party as it will be known is likely to vanish very quickly as it's electorate gravitate back to there former party's, a more sane Labour party and a more empowered conservative party though the green's may then come back as a marginal party, though you know the SNP has gained at least 20 seat's so don't mistake my thought's on that as a minority view point.

The one thing that could put a dent in the SNP independence drive and sway Plaid voters in wales away from the independence party's new found popularity increase would be a definite turn around in the country's economy to becoming more wealthy not just for the elite but for themselves as voters.

And Tory plan's for a bonfire of workers rights are never going to go down without a serious storm among the people whom this will hit the hardest the poorest and hardest working in our society working in already low paid, poor right's and often long hours jobs and having to go to food bank's.

Also do not assume I am in the minority on my opinion's as you would be dead wrong there it is just that the voters did not like Corbyn and he would have been the weakest leader since Neville Chamberlain in many folk's eye's as well as his abhorrent behavior with the IRA and Hamas, over all though people don't hate the guy many recognize he is at heart a nice bloke they just could not see him and the frankly E grade shadow cabinet he formed as ruling our country in any way effectively on there behalf - and in that I actually agree with them but for me selling my soul to the devil just was not an option.

For the great majority of the voters the choice was between the lesser in there eyes' of two evil's.

Sadly for traditional Labour Corbyn may have been one severe step too far and his leadership may paradoxically have spelled the end of TRUE Labour aspirations and tradition's and the resurrection of the Tory Lite New Labour clique whom may now come back into control of the Labour Party or move to create a new party if Corbyn can still not be ousted though whether the union's will give them there backing is a matter for that to be decided then and there.

People have likened Corbyn to Michael Foot and at an individual level they may be right but Michael Foot would have definitely chosen a superior shadow cabinet.

Like Michael Foot though he has never worked in a factor, had a privileged middle class upbringing (Michael foot was upper class the Donkey Jacket was to show the workers he was on there side but it backfired a bit as did that hair do though it was really the feminist vote that spelled it for him) and was well educated though Corbyn's choice of shadow cabinet belies that a little.

I stand by my statement a very sad day for Britain and believe TIME WILL TELL, now do not get me wrong Elethia I am only caring about the kid's as it is there country, my time I feel is more or less over as I am half a century old and have no longer any personal ambition's it is just family that keeps me here for now but I personally will be glad to see the next world when God say's it is my time, I miss my mother - you know she was not a Tory but did say this to me as she would never vote Labour and we had that disagreement - she said that when ever Labour were in power the country went down and when the Conservatives got into power thing's would look up again, she passed with cancer a little over 19 month's ago now.

I did not want to save Britain for me but for the kid's that have yet to be born, now they will face a world that is dog eat dog, work often on zero hours with no workers rights or die poor in the gutter and homeless.

So to those that voted Tory's I will say this, Shame on you but also to Corbyn who let his own personal ambitions take the party that was meant to represent the hopes of the working class down to it's demise I also say Shame on you.

I had a dream, it was inevitable as these thing's mean something, in the dream I saw a lot of elderly folk's standing in the empty hull of an abandoned air craft carrier in an empty hanger singing rule Britannia, then I saw the ship rise over a great wave that lifted it up with both end's out of the water and it broke in two and I saw the water flooding into the ship and both end's going down without a trace lost forever.

You do not believe me but My mum was psychic and I have had my own experiences and all I can say is Britain is finished, it may look nice in the short term but that wave is coming and England and Scotland WILL be divorced then the great old ship of Britain shall be no more sunken beneath the sea of bitter fate.

And you know what divided it, GREED.

You and other devout conservatives are not to blame but you know you have always been the minority while Labour Always' had more that believed in it, it was always the undecided that swung the vote and I have to admit that even I would have Voted Conservative had it been Mr John Major whom had been running the current conservatives (though we would never have been in this debacle had he been) then I would have voted for him, he was a CONSERVATIVE though NOT a TORY they are two different creatures, he grew up in a council house on a council estate and knew what it was like to have bare cupboards and nothing to eat.

The fact is that Johnson is a false man for lack of a better word, he won his debating in university but that just mean's he is a good salesman who should have worked for Curry's back in the day being a pushy sales fellow selling you that toaster you never even wanted but found yourself walking out of the shop with and NOT a prime minister, neither HE nor Corbyn are fit to rule this nation especially at this time but you know what I stand by my personal assessment that he is the greater of the two evil's and Corbyn though I have no doubt that they would have been back out after ONE term with that cabinet he chose would not have been able to achieve even a fraction of what he intended, however he unlike the Tory's CARES about people.

If you were starving and Johnson had a sandwich he would eat it all while Corbyn would at least give you half, maybe even all of it think about that before we vilify that man any longer.

And by the way I expected the Tory's to win but hoped they would at least have a sizable opposition in parliament to moderate the harm they are doing to people in this country.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24815027]LABTECH767[/postThe only time Westminster will let Scotland go is when it suits their purposes....that's why they dug Alex Salmond (the other fish) out of retirement to bleat on at the last minute to leave the UK bot stay in EU....the polls took a major shift away from voting Independence.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Jane we will both have to wait and see on the morrow but you are correct I misread the Exit poll they have lost a third of there seats in Scotland to of all people the Tory's.
Well if they want to tell the elite it's fine to put people out on the streets to die in the cold they shall undoubtedly have what they have voted for God help them all.
It is literally like watching lemming's running off a cliff in Greenland because there ancient impulses and instincts have lied to them and told them that on the other side of that big stream there is more grass - there used to be a long long time ago.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Jane we will both have to wait and see on the morrow but you are correct I misread the Exit poll they have lost a third of there seats in Scotland to of all people the Tory's.
Well if they want to tell the elite it's fine to put people out on the streets to die in the cold they shall undoubtedly have what they have voted for God help them all.
It is literally like watching lemming's running off a cliff in Greenland because there ancient impulses and instincts have lied to them and told them that on the other side of that big stream there is more grass - there used to be a long long time ago.
Which makes me wonder why Davidson stood down in truth. The majority for the Cons would probably even bigger. Why did she REALLY stand down?
We must not forget that maybe her 'time is not now'

Speculative rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No I am watching it on the Beeb, the SNP has indeed gained at least 20 seat's more than they had and have surged ahead in Scotland while in the words of the commentator England is turning blue, she also pointed out that this once again raises tension over the union as these two party's the SNP and the Conservatives are almost diametrically opposed.

I read it on the net and it said different but watch the BBC as they run through the counting, SNP has now got at least 50 seats.

Labour has been utterly smashed by these results and even the leader of the Liberal's look's to have lost her seat.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
I left Scotland some 15 years ago....and accept feelings could have changed.
But I have Scottish blood, and have always believed that Scotland could 'go it alone' ......without still being a member of the Eu

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Oh I do most certainly agree.

One of the oddities is that there is more Scot's blood in England than there is in Scotland though most of those descendants of miners, fishermen, ship builders and laborers have forgotten that.

Take the North East and the North West especially Liverpool whose Scouse accent is a blend of Scot's, Welsh, Irish and Lancashire accent's, Manchester with many people of Scot's descent and London also (there are also far more people of Irish descent in the UK than in the entirety of the island of Hybernia, maybe two to three time's as many).

The Unionist party in Northern Ireland are more to do with Scot's and Belfast for example was founded by some Scot's that wanted to build a city were no one else believed there ever could be one - so they did it and proved the engineering excellence of the Scot's by doing so. (Scot's originated in Ireland as you know and back then the Irish were called Scot's and the Caledonian's were the Pict's the painted people but Ireland got invaded just like the rest of the British isles by Viking's and the first few generations of them went native (the Irish were not broken as they had never been under the empire of Rome so still knew how to fight) so that by the time Brian Baru led the Irish to a victory against the Danes it was actually descendants of Viking's and native Celt's that had merged and were fighting for him against there northern cousin's, they then later over several generation's migrated to Caledonia and grew in numbers until they outnumbered the Pict's (A tough bunch as the Roman's had found out as they had in fact retreated from Caledonia and lost an entire legion there) by two to one, eventually the Scot's prince married the Pict's princess and both people's became the Scot's we know today (and they kicked there northern cousins those pesky viking's out of Caledonia as well without realizing that they were at least half viking themselves, you know a lot of those same people's also settled northern England which is why much of northern England has so much shared ancestry with the Scot's and Irish - it's Danish as well as Gaelic ancestry).

I am probably more than a tiny bit Scot myself I am a Mc.

There was a lot of hatred that came into being between the Scots of Scotland and the Irish after the Irish revolt during WW1 because what happened was that you would have a regiment of soldiers often more than half of whom were Irish and when there country rebelled and went independent they just packed up and went home which often left the Trenches were the Scot's had been serving side by side with them undermanned (sometimes as few as a four Scot's were left trying to hold a trench and it was the Kaiser that had supplied the gun's to the Irish revolutionary's), a very great many Scottish boy's lost there lives because of this and one thing this inspired was the number of Scot's leaving the Catholic Church in Scotland and joining the Scot's reformist church instead to increase because they no longer wanted to sit beside the Many Irish that at that time lived in Scotland (most of whom have become Scot's by today), it left a lasting legacy of divide that took many generations to heal and still has scars today such as the rivalry between Celtic and Rangers that ensued as these two football team's became flag bearers for both sides of that argument.

But I will say this, I have a half brother that lives in the Republic of Ireland from my mothers first husband a former RAF service man that moved back there after leaving the RAF (her first husband had tried to poison my mother and admitted it on his death bed confession - long story, surname of Leslie and so she had no choice but to get away from him but despite her children being British the Irish police would not hand them back so she lost her son Francis Paul Leslie and her Daughter Sharon Bernadette Leslie because of this, she could not go to see them either as she was disabled and Frank there father had already stalked her - it was the doctor that told her to get away from him because he had poisoned her and it was only by the skin of her teeth that she had managed to save Sharon - the whites of her own eye's had turned black because of the poison and Sharon had turned blue in her arm's after feeding as the poison had passed from my mother to her daughter, she had one more child before she finally manged to get away from him my sister Christina, she never stopped loving her children as you would guess but that man kept them from her and like I say the Irish police were good for nothing especially as she was an English lady from Liverpool - sadly her next husband was if anything FAR worse and it took a long time to get away from him he was a true monster - a Jekyll and Hyde that was nice when he had been courting my mum but turned once they were married and became abusive and worse - far worse - as you can imagine I hate the man as well and if I could dissect his filth from own body I would), while there my mother and sister met an Irish taxi man and he told them that he was glad they had picked his car because most of the taxi's were migrant's - not EU but African migrant's and many Irish feel they are losing there culture and identity, they feel like they are losing there country and even today they are emigrating to Australia, Canada and many other places so it can't be all rosy flowers to be in the EU like they are so it is possible that in time if the SNP does break away and if they do stay in the EU somehow or find a way back in that the ensuing migration that may occur will forever change the Scot's so that they are simply not Scot's any longer at all.

But as to the Union, it has to end some day, Westminster is just too far away from the daily lives and concern's of the Scot's and indeed the northern half of England as well and the elite that run the country are very far out of touch with all of us serving only there own vested interests, perhaps I am being unfair let's give Boris a chance we really don't have a choice any more anyway.

I will stand by this though I think Jeremy Corbyn is actually a VERY nice person, he is more Christian than most Christian's so don't be surprised if when we get over the other side we find out that it was a test from God that we failed as a nation.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Hung Parliament, nobody able to form a majority so we get a minority Tory government and are pretty much stuck in the same spot

Still recovering?
Its ok, silly did the same thing after the 2016 election over here.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Hung Parliament, nobody able to form a majority so we get a minority Tory government and are pretty much stuck in the same spot

Still recovering?
Its ok, silly did the same thing after the 2016 election over here.

I can understand - he must be devastated that everything he has worked so hard for got flushed down the toilet in one night.
That said, I eagerly await his next 'People's Vote' thread.

edit on 16/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

God has nothing to do with it.

If you are truly a Christian surely you understand the concept of Free Will?
Surely a omniscient, omnipotent being wouldn't bother himself with 'testing people' and if he does then he's no God I would choose to follow.

Each to their own though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join