It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spook - Spectre or Ghost - Strange Noises - I want to hear your experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Spook, Spectre, or Ghost? Strange Noises?

Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?
Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?
Have you or your family ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost?
If the answer is "yes," then don't wait another minute.

________________________________________________________________________________

I have had strange occurances all my life. Things that I can't explain, really.
I have seen what some might call a ghost.
I have seen the fabled "orb", or "light in the forest".
I have seen a UFO, there were 3 things in the sky to be accurate.
I may have had an encounter with a bigfoot, but there was no sighting, only weirdness in the forest.
Other reality questioning oddities.

I would love to read anything anyone has experienced, in as much detail as possible.
________________________________________________________________________________

I will start with my orb sighting.

Me and my significant other were sitting at the cemetery in the middle of the night.
We were in her car.
We sat with only the running lights on, talking about life, taking a minute.
The cemetery is a great place if you do not want to be disturbed and generally is private.

Staring ahead while we talked, I watched a ball of light, that did not give off light, float in a straight line across the top of 4-5 headstones.
This was approximately 4 rows ahead of us.
As it reached the second last stone, I thought to myself, "wait...what the heck am I looking at!?" and just as I had finished that thought, the ball of light suddenly dipped and went behind the next tombstone at ground level and then behind a tree. I steadied my vision on the other side of the tree waiting for this thing to appear but it never went passed the tree.

I asked my significant other, "uhmm..did...you see that?"
SO - "Yes. I wasnt sure if I even saw it so I didnt want to say anything"

We both described the same thing although she only caught the last few seconds of it.
I had watched it for a solid 6 seconds from start to finish.

At this point, a cat appears from the direction of where the orb was last sighted. The cat is walking straight towards the car.
The weird thing is, as the cat approached the vehicle, it wasn't look at the vehicle but was actually looking at me, holding eye contact with me.
This is weird to me because, how does the cat see through the headlights and stare me directly in the eye as it approaches.

The cat, something was weird about the cat.
The body looked like a cat but the face was extremely wrinkly. The face didnt have as much fur on it as the rest of the body and it was wrinkled like when you see a hairless cat sitting, how its skin sort of overlaps.

I dismissed the cat being abnormal in my mind and that is when it turned around, crossed the small cemetery lane and jumped up onto a headstone and sat there.

We decided it was time to leave.

The orb was the size of, something in between a golfball and a tennis ball.
It was orange, with an almost gold colour swirling inside it. That is the only way I can describe it.
I dont know if it was transparent, it was like you could see through it, but you couldnt at the same time.

It didnt seem real, like when you see poorly done CGI and the framerate doesnt match that of the camera. So they dont seem to be synced up and the object seems superimposed.

Id be happy to be into detail if more is wanted but all of that pretty much sums it up.
I could sketch the area and draw what happened. If I find a minute, I'd gladly do that.
edit on 10-12-2019 by bluetrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here is the link to my thread regarding our experiences in our home over the past few years:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's just a lot to type out each time someone asks.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have heard a Spook, Specter and a Ghost late at night where I used to live...

...by an Air Force base.

Specter is really loud...

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm a fairly pragmatic person (read: 30 year old conservative Christian), but I have experienced a few things I can't explain.

1) I occasionally suffer sleep paralysis. Usually it's the typical feeling an evil presence in the room and dread. However the first time it happened, I SWEAR I saw my bedroom door opened and a grotesque leprechaun climbed onto my chest and pulled me sitting upright and demanded that I go with him. I woke up in absolute terror.
The second remarkable one was somewhat the same. I had moved to a different house and live alone. Again, I heard my front screen and exterior doors open and slam shut, and then multiple sets of really heavy steps walking down the hall to my room. I know I saw the door handle jiggle out of the corner of my eye while I was stuck there.
Finally, I was with my girlfriend at the time, and woke up to a youngish boy beside my bed. It sits up quite high, so he was looking directly at me. he darted away and popped up at the foot of the bed with what I can only say was a rake. He ripped the blankets off and tried to drag me off the end of the bed. What I found interesting was that after the episode when I could move again, my girlfriend told me I had been twitching and while locked on my back.

I"m 99% sure this is my melon playing tricks on me at 2 am, but they sure are friggin' scary.

We farm cash crops and hogs. One of the barns was built in the mid 70's and is dark and kind of low compared to the modern ones. One section is roughly 100' by 40' with two outer aisles and the concrete pens in the middle. Every now and then, while walking the left aisle I'd see a human-esque shadow matching my pace on the opposite side. Obviously I was inclined to write this off as shadows, but it happened the same way at different times with the lights either out or set differently. Additionally, when I walked the aisle where the "thing?" was, I could feel a sort of fleeting presence; not good or bad, just kind of "there"
What really makes me think there's some funny business we can't normally see is when my dad while we were working away in the shop one day, asked "Hey have you ever seen anything weird in the strings at the Koopman Farm?

I don't know what the answer is, but it is strange.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Ooo... girrrrrrl.
I appreciate the link. I will definitely read it over.

I wish spooky things would happen where I currently reside.
I would be so uncomfortable if I were your wife and heard the dresser drawer handle clank down. I would have to clear the house room by room checking corners. Haha, I wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise.

The barn is interesting. Have you tried to capture anything? I wonder what your father had seen in the barn.
Definitely one of those, "tell me yours and i'll tell you mine" probes to see if theyre crazy or not haha.
edit on 10-12-2019 by bluetrees because: read the link.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Haha.
I assume theyre aircraft.
Interesting names. 2spooky4me

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LeviB

those could very well be your mind in a dreaming waking state. I have experienced sleep paralysis once and only once and i am so thankful that it wasnt terrifying. haha. it happened while i slept during the day so I could see everything clearly.

Interesting enough, the goblin leprechaun is spooky. I wish I could view that memory. I bet it is horrific.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hey bluetrees, tell me more about this:

I may have had an encounter with a bigfoot, but there was no sighting, only weirdness in the forest.

Anyway, I've also had many strange experiences that I've written about here. I'll go over some of them.

Balls of light:
1. I was at this girl's house sitting on the couch and a bright white light, kindof like a floating lightbulb, just appeared a few feet in front of me and slowly floated through the room for a few seconds before disappearing. Long story short, when I told her I saw it, she was familiar with it and had various encounters with it herself - apparently it liked to interfere with electronic devices, which happened to me.
2. I walked back a trail in the woods to a clearing one night with a friend. When we came to the clearing, two bluish-green balls of light (about the size of softballs maybe, perhaps a little bigger) appeared up above the trees and slowly floated down into the woods while pulsing in and out between fully visible and invisible. From where they disappeared in the woods, we heard soft bipedal footsteps walk towards the edge of the clearing. Eventually after nothing else happened for a while we left, and as we started walking back, something whistled at us really loud from the general area we had been in.

UFOs (in no particular order):
1. I woke up one morning and went to look out my bedroom window since it was a nice day. Right down the road from my house, in broad daylight, an obvious UFO was slowly floating through the sky not far above the trees. It was all black with no discernible features, had a round top and a flat bottom - kindof like if you cut an oval in half. I watched it until my view of it was obscured by the trees. This was probably the late 90s, so I had no camera or anything to take a picture or video of it.
2. I was standing out on the deck one day smoking a cigarette and looking up at the trees, when a silvery metallic-looking sphere went hauling across the sky at what seemed to be about the same height as the occasional airplane... Except it was going several times faster than the airplanes would go.
3. I was driving home one night and there was a bright light just hovering over a field near the road. I stopped and put the window down. It made no sound at all, and I didn't see any light beam like you would expect from a flashlight or search light - it was just a bright light floating above the field without illuminating the ground (that I can remember). Another car actually came the opposite way and stopped to look at it. Eventually it just slowly started making its way away so I left. I had a crappy flip phone at the time, and taking pictures of anything even in perfect conditions was basically useless, so there would have been no point trying to get a picture of it.
4. Long story short, I was in a car, and when we went around a turn I saw multi-colored lights hovering off through the trees. After losing sight of them for a minute, they were gone.

Some kind of spiritual manifestations:
These all happened at the same place, this old church that is known locally for being "haunted".
1. I was sitting in the parking lot in my car with my friend. My car was parked and turned off. We started hearing a faint drum sound coming from off in the woods, like one of those massive deep-sounding drums you have to hit with a big mallet. It started coming closer and closer until suddenly it was surrounding the car from all directions, "BOOM BOOM BOOM!". I can't even describe the feeling that came over me, it was this sickening evil feeling that was so intense I actually started crying - and I'd go out to spots like this looking for paranormal activity, as that sort of thing normally excited me. My friend was literally screaming in terror. It truly felt "demonic".
2. Same place, sitting in my car which was parked and turned off. The back end of the car suddenly slammed down like someone had fallen on it or jumped on it.
3. Same place. Me and my friends kept hearing this banging sound coming from a little storage shed. It sounded like someone was hitting the outside of it with a stick or a bat or something. We were trying to replicate the sound by throwing random things at the shed to see if we could make the same sound, and we couldn't.

Disembodied footsteps in the woods?
One fall I was hanging out at one of my spots in the woods, when I heard someone loudly walking around in the leaves and brush... Except I didn't see anyone where the sound of the walking was coming from.

I've probably had more experiences that I can't recall at the moment, but those are the ones that stick out to me.
edit on 12/10/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
As a child I saw several things...

1) I was laying in my top bunk bed and I opened my eyes to see this demonic face looking at me. Its head was peering at me over top the rail and I belted out a scream. The face was reds. greens, blues... When I see images of Quetzalcoatl, this is what the face reminds me of.

2) I used to see this weird myst stuff in front of the bedroom doorway in the middle of the night. Remember the snow on the TV screen, this is what it reminded me of. The snow mixed with a swirly type of opal stuff in the frame doorway area, like a wall of stuff blocking the doorway swirling around. I saw it all the time, not just on one occasion. It frightened me.

leolady

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I’ll preface my encounter with my aunts.

When she was a child there were 2 houses on 100 acres of wetland / swamp / rock type terrain. At the far back of the property it borders a wetland conservatory area.

The bedrock literally sticks out of the ground in this area. There is only a foot or two of top soil, so it is all cedar. There are caves.

My aunt was taking a shortcut through the forest from one house to the other.

She said that she felt like she was being watched as she walked. She then started to hear something parallel her in the trees. Cedar is thick so you can see maybe..10-15 yards at best? (There are some birch tree clearings speckled through out.)

She got spooked and began sprinting. She said this thing paced her. She said she felt that it was so close it could reach out and grab her but she didn’t look, just kept running in the direction of the house.

She could hear something large moving through the trees, branches moving and twigs snapping.
She said that when she broke the tree line, it stopped immediately.

My grandmother, on that property, she used say that she felt like things or something was watching her from the tree line.

She used to walk the property all the time.
Then came the paranoia.
Eventually she stopped. She refused to break the tree line for the rest of her life.

My weird event.

I was only 100-200 yards into the trees when I found a large bedrock outcropping that had a bunch of dead cedar all, kind of piled in one spot. Fallen cedar in all different directions.

I had one headphone in while I hiked, as there have been the odd bear sighted in the area so I wanted to be able to hear my surroundings.

I stood in the dead cedar circle and looked down at my phone, texting or picking a new song.

I heard, ”thump!”. The sound of a basketball size rock falling onto soft dirt. That, deep, thump.

I thought, “hmm that could’ve been a bear tumbling a rock to get under it”
I took my headphone out and listened, hearing nothing.
I didn’t put my headphone back in, but my attention went back to my phone screen.
And then I heard, “thump, thump, thump, thump” in a rhythm.

“Okay... that’s not a bear, unless it’s picking up that rock and dropping it somehow, but... That doesn’t make sense”

I scanned my perimeter but knew where the sound was coming from. It stopped when I started scanning.
I waited 3-4 minutes and thought, okay, that’s in my head. Began looking back to my phone.
Annnnnd the rhythmic thumping began again, the exact same. From the same direction.

I thought to myself okay, the sound is coming from not far from my 10’oclock. I am going to turn my head to 9 and scan very slowly to 3, and see if there’s anything out of place because someone is screwing with me.

I began scanning and when I reached 2 o’clock, so my peripheral vision would be at 10, where the sound was coming from, I got an instant feeling of dread, goosebumps, and I needed to leave immediately.

I backed out of there and hustled back to the house.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

I am really interested in the most you’re talking about. I’ve seen something like that too.
Like tv static but, kind of see through that was more opaque the closer to the center it was while the edges seemed more transparent (for me).

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Those are some wild experiences.
The balls of light are super interesting.
You’ve seen so many ufo’s, do you think they were forest lights aside from the half dome one?

I’ve also witnessed a white small ball of right light that floated through a room I was in. It was about the size of a marble. The puppy in the room saw it too.

Church parking lot? Smoking the devils lettuce, eh?
Haha.

edit on 11-12-2019 by bluetrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluetrees

Those are some wild experiences.
The balls of light are super interesting.
You’ve seen so many ufo’s, do you think they were forest lights aside from the half dome one?

I’ve also witnessed a white small ball of right light that floated through a room I was in. It was about the size of a marble. The puppy in the room saw it too.

Church parking lot? Smoking the devils lettuce, eh?
Haha.

Well, the half dome and the metallic sphere were both during the day and were clearly some kind of craft. As for the UFO that was hovering over the field, I have no idea what that was - I don't even know if it WAS a craft aside from just being a large bright light. The multicolored lights that I saw for a few seconds, I have no idea what those were. I always assumed it was a UFO but it could have been "forest lights" for all I know.

As for the balls of light though, they seem to be intelligent, but I have no idea what they are - some kind of spirit or inter-dimensional being is my best guess.

Here's some information about the little church I was talking about.
Moonshine Church
People used to go hang out there looking for ghosts and stuff, but that sort of thing is discouraged now. A cop stopped there once when I was there and harassed me for a while and threatened to arrest me. He was some kind of special military police, the church is on military property and he had a different uniform than the local police.
edit on 12/11/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/11/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Fascinating experience!

I have encountered unexplained phenomenon for the better part of my life. Though especially after using a Ouija board back around 2012. Don't listen to the naysayer; if you are determined to communicate with the other side and keep an open mind, eventually something comes through. Though it's rarely anything good... Demons, ghosts, succubus. Manipulating my dreams, sucking the life out of me, sabotaging relationships... There's honestly too much to tell. I'll definitely have to make my own thread.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bluetrees

Yeah it was odd... what was that stuff ! ?

A barrier, a protector, energy manifesting, a portal or force field ?

All I know is I've never heard of anyone explaining or describing anything similar to it or like it.
I was scared and frightened as a child but now I am more curious and perplexed wanting to know...

leolady

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
My paranormal investigative team was called to a home in the foothills.

A couple lived in this duplex, along with their baby. One night the wife's brother was staying the night in the baby's room in a sleeping bag. He woke up in the middle of the night freaked out after claiming he had a vision of a little girl holding the baby's decapitated head saying the room was hers. Was adamant is wasn't a dream, for what it's worth.

He demanded to be taken elsewhere for the night, so they drove him to a relative's home. They began hearing noises from the baby's room, and on several occasions saw a misty figure of a woman go through the walls in their bedroom. They had a lease on the place, but refused to stay there any more so moved elsewhere until the lease was expired, so they were still paying for it.

They met us there, and we set up cameras, recorders etc. Several 'sparks' were seen in the couples former bedroom, and my wife and I set up video in the baby's room and tried for some EVP's. We decided if there was a little girl there, it may be more likely to respond to a motherly figure, so I aimed the video on my wife, started up the CD player with the lullaby in it they used to help the baby sleep, and gave her a doll to hold as a possible trigger object as well as an EMF meter.

Several of us were watching on the monitor in the living room. My wife was talking, trying to make contact, when suddenly we saw a spark cross in front of her. The EMF meter went nuts, and my wife noticed it too. (We used IR light, and this was not dust glistening in the light which we were familiar with, plus she saw it with her eyes).

She began talking to something in front of her out of the video frame, and tied to coax it closer. I was afraid if I went in I'd ruin the moment and it would disappear. After a few minutes my wife called me in and said it faded away. She saw the torso and partial legs in a white dress right in front of the closet hovering until it faded, there was little interaction.

We showed the couple the clip, and my wife described the dress she saw. The couple took a dress out from a drawer and it looked just like the one my wife saw -- it was the baptismal dress for their child.

We made a second visit just before their lease ran out. They had set up these fuzzy dice things with bells on the bed, and when they returned they were disturbed, but no one had been there. The husband had set up a survellience camera or 2 outside the home for security, since no one was actively living there, and on the video you could hear bells on the audio. Not much happened on this visit, except at the end. Our medium claimed this area was once farmland, and she felt there may have been a little girl part of t he farm family that had suffered abuse at the hands of her father.

I tried one last time in the room to get an EVP, and asked if the little girl was hurt by her father. Listened back, and a man's voice said "F**^!" like I knew.

Can't speak to the validity of that, but our first visit was pretty impressive

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It's very late here for me, so I am bookmarking this thread so I can read more tomorrow. I love reading about people's paranormal and strange experiences!

top topics

join