It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some election results from Hong Kong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I would like to applaud all those (7.4 million) who went and voted over the weekend and secured (almost 90% win) a majority of the 452 District council seats inspite of a strong presence of the pro-establishment opposition. I would feel better if I did not distrust the Mainland Chinese Communist government as I keep waiting for the hammer to fall. With this vote it really is a slap in the face of Beijing and a pat on the back for those who want freedom from communist rule.

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Hong Kong’s democrats scored a landslide majority in district council elections, which saw a record turnout after six months of anti-government protests, increasing pressure on the city’s embattled leader on Monday to listen to pro-democracy calls.

Results showed upset wins for democrats against heavyweight pro-Beijing opponents when they started trickling in after midnight on Sunday, causing some voting centers to erupt in loud cheers and chants of “Liberate Hong Kong. Revolution Now” - a slogan used by many protesters over the past six months.

Just an after thought on my part... It would appear even in Hong Kong they can have elections without fraud and many dead people voting...
www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Hong Kong would look like another Kosovo. This is what the American gov wants and is hoping for. What is happening in HK is a regime change.

With this vote it really is a slap in the face of Beijing and a pat on the back for those who want freedom from communist rule.

Ah yes Freedom as long as you become someone's else puppet whatever they prefer to be in the hands of the British again or in the hands of the American control.
Either way this kind of chaos is what the pro regime changers and NeoCons love the most.

Lets not jump into cheering for an opposition that has committed violent acts as well. And an opposition in Hong Kong that has the American senate/congress both attention and support it under the claims of freedom or democary which is not a surprise.

When it come to such things i am skeptical.
They throw freedom and democracy and look what happened in Libya and elsewhere nothing but chaos while in Kosovo has now become a unsafe transit zone for smuggling.

edit on 25-11-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

This is what Marco Rubi said.
Source

Marco Rubio
"I think China needs to stop interfering in the internal affairds of the United States because our treatment of Hong Kong is an internal matter,"

Since when did Hong Kong became an American internal matter? since maybe they decided to use Hong Kong agaisnt China?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Sadly, for Hong Kongers, democracy is exactly what the Chinese dictatorship in Beijing hates and fears. Hong Kongers have real concerns over the repressive nature of Chinese rule and their loss of civil and political freedoms.

How will China react to the democratic expression of Hong Kongers? Probably not very well at all, eh? The Chinese are probably building extra brain-washing camps, like the ones they use for other "thinking differently" minorities, like the Uighurs.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

So you as well back an obvious regime change which had being started by NED groups?
It seems the lessons of Libya, Balkans, Iraq, Syria teaches you guys nothing
Source

How will China react to the democratic expression of Hong Kongers?

I wonder how will Americans react to a free and independent state of Texas or California? welcome it with support it?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
None of it really matters. Hong Kong will fall. It will be the first domino of many for the new order. Technology favors tyranny. Beijing is a window into our future. For all of us. Democracy is dead. But don't worry your pretty head about it. Go back to troubling yourself with all the wonderful Chinese propaganda meant to destabilize the West and expedite the proceedings.

Climate Crisis! Run for your life!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Hong Kong will fall

Doubt it would. I am sure McCain and many NeoCons would be very happy if Kong would were to fall.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

What regime is being overthrown ?
You keep chanting that as a Mantra , but no information .

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I would like to see the people of HK free from any strings, not sure why you want them to be controlled like a puppet.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

A better example would be what if during WWII America took control of China, promised them representation, then installed puppet leaders that had to bow to America and do only what America wants? You think China would need to stay under such tyrannical rule?

Hong Kong was supposed to be somewhat autonomous and able to build their own future free from interference from China, there is zero comparison to Texas. The people of HK were stupid to ever think China would give them what was promised though.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
a reply to: sooth

Hong Kong will fall

Doubt it would. I am sure McCain and many NeoCons would be very happy if Kong would were to fall.

McCain would probably be very happy to be alive so I'm not sure if toppling China is on his agenda just now.

If you doubt it would why are you so concerned about it?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

So you as well back an obvious regime change which had being started by NED groups?

I'll play in your generalizations.

So you back Communist China rule over Hong Kong?
edit on 25/11/2019 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Good for them!

If they want change they should do it the legal way first. This election, even if it's not for a really important body, shows the authorities what the people want.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

I'll play in your generalizations.

So you back Communist China rule over Hong Kong?

Just so you know this the same Hong Kong under the Communist China which allowed Edward snowden to fled. If Hong Kong became a puppet to Britain and America i am sure proud and democratic independent Hong Kong would gladly handed Edward snowden to America or Britain.

Edward snowden would have being tortured as much as assange julian is right now in Britain. The same Britain that backs Hong Kong's so called FREEDOM.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I would like to see the people of HK free from any strings, not sure why you want them to be controlled like a puppet.

I am sure the people of HK are just itching and cant wait to be puppets again to the British imperialist again the same British gov that have put assange julian in prision without contact and is being tortured.

Yes lets cheer on that.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

America and Brittan already had taken control of HK.

Hong Kong was supposed to be somewhat autonomous and able to build their own future free from interference from China

Ah yes somewhat autonomous and able to build their own future free from interference from China but not being autonomous free from interference from America or Britain right? just as i thought.

This autonomous thing just proves that your being nothing more then a puppet to NATO powers like Britain or America.
Much like the gang and mafia paradise Kosovo is currently.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Marco Rubio on HK US internal affairs is HK, Bascailly His just proving that HK is a Western Asset.

Marco Rubio:China needs to stop interfering in the US internal affairs in... Hong Kong. Since when did HK became a part of US internal affairs? its no different from America's gov saying to Syria's Assad that they have no rights taking back their own backyard from the so called rebels? but its ok for America's forces to set up military bases and steal Syria's oil to prevent from the Syrian gov from using the oil?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

No, I did not even infer that.

You are so lost in your own echo chamber. The people in Hong Kong see the encroaching repression of China and are reacting. Most people with a degree of civil and political freedoms would resist the imposition of a dictatorship. You don't even need America's help to recognise right from wrong.

I am not an American, so don't give a monkey's front-bottom for what they think. I have lived in Hong Kong though. Do you have some particular connection with Hong Kong, or is your news fed to you through Youtube and Twitter?
edit on 25/11/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join