It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wine country France, home to largest private jet fighter collection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com/news/worlds-largest-collection-fighter-jets-france-wine-country-michel-pont/
www.cbsnews.com...

Beaune, France — Burgundy may be known for its wine, but it's what's nestled between the vines that draws the tourists to this vineyard: The world's largest private fleet of fighter jets, 110 in all. It's not your typical collection, but 87-year-old Michel Pont is not your typical collector.

Whoa.

This is what I want for my collection, an F-5C in period-correct 1971 livery....

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Interesting to see some of the period paint, such as the Thunderbird F-100.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Nice collection. That pretty awesome!

a reply to: Zaphod58
Hey Zaph, I notice each Heli seems to be missing a rotor, is that some kind of requirement to own old military heli's to ensure they don't fly?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

No, when they demil them they strip anything useful, down to instruments in the cockpit. Sometimes they'll come to someone that owns an aircraft and ask for parts and bits. They may have taken the blade for another one that was flying and needed a blade, or he might have taken it for something.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This reminds me of when I saw a flight ready F-4B phantom (the only private flyable one in existence) for sale in a magazine and begged God to make me a billionaire. One to be able to pay the several million to own it and maintain it and the other to pay off a doctor to allow me in it during flight.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have visited it , one time its a huge private collection with a lot of legendary plane of a lot of country US, Russian , French ,English etc.., and the castle is very old and beautiful, they have a collection of engine too in a hangar. Its near the city of Beaune , best French wine area

edit on 24-11-2019 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

top topics

join