It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Drug Cartels in Utah: Same group behind deadly Mexico attack has an operation here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Well that didn't take long did it. Finally someone in media has spoken out. Its also time for the politicians to step up to the plate. How about FBI Director Wray? Haven't we heard for years about all those unsolved kidnappings and abductions ongoing in all of those Western states. Yep its those aliens as in ET isn't it. Sure

KUTV Utah

“If you look at the homicides in Mexico, the number of people, Americans who get in the crossfire, there’s a lot,” Bufton said. Someone in Utah could be just as violent as someone in Mexico. I think up here, they just choose not to be because they don’t want to bring heat onto their cartel family. So, what happens next? That's what Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona also wants to know. FBI Director Christopher Wray and Under Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security David Glawe gave remarks on the ambush after she questioned them on their role in apprehending those responsible for Monday’s attack. On the issue, Director Wray pointed out that the FBI is offering what aid they can to the victims’ families and have been in contact with the Mexican government to offer assistance in the investigation.

edit on 6-11-2019 by Waterglass because: bad link

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

This is such an easy problem to solve..
Legalize drugs and create a work program where mexican immigrants can pay the federal government to come here and work, then the cartels lose 99% of their funding..

The cartel makes 8k per crossing and if they catch someone crossing with out paying, they kidnap you and give you a week to call someone to bring the money or they kill you...

The US government could sell a work license for the same amount, make bank and break the cartels..

With legalizing drugs, you could now go to some shady dr. For your dope.. a shady dr. That is accountable for malfeasance and can be sued for prescribing too much..

If we remove those 2 profit margins all that is left is robbery and kidnapping... those will not even equal 1% of the money they were making...

No money to pay your henchmen, equals no henchmen..

No henchmen equals no cartel..

Crazy easy fix...

edit on 6-11-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

GREAT IDEA!

Sorry, cartels, but we're gonna cut you out and start selling the drugs now and making the money all of you folks were making.

Sounds like a plan that'll really break the cartels and send them home with their tails tucked.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This guy, Undersheriff Shaun Bufton of Utah County, paints all illegals with a pretty broad brush. But I should have guessed that there would be back lash from the Mormon state. The victims were part of of a Mormon group with duel citizenship, so I understand Utah getting riled up about this.

“We have illegals here that have been dealing drugs in Mexico,” Bufton said. “They come up here. They work here. They go back. They go to California. They go to Arizona. It’s the same people. It’s the same group.”

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Legalize drugs

I see you have no clue how the government works, because you think legalizing drugs would be "easy."

There is an old cartoon about how a bill becomes a law and I am sure you could find it on the internet. You should start there before learning the real difficulty of the situation. Just in case you ignore my advice I will tell you straight that there is no easy solution to legalizing drugs. Any drugs for that matter. Some states legalized marijuana but it is still federally illegal.

As for legalizing all drugs just keep dreaming it isn't going to happen.

I am not even going to argue with you on how stupid I think that idea is because it isn't worth the hassle to argue against an impossibility.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
nvm

edit on 6-11-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Legalize drugs and create a work program where mexican immigrants can pay the federal government to come here and work, then the cartels lose 99% of their funding.

Crazy easy fix...

Legalizing drugs as stated is a pipedream...

Apply the laws on the books already...

No job without legal papers to work.
No rentals without legal papers to be in the USA
No property/title ownership without legal papers to do so in the USA.
Charge illegals with a crime should refugee status be denied; deport immediately.
Illegal aliens in prison serve the sentence, then deported.
.. ...

There is a whole list...enforce the borders is all part of the above...c'mon

End the enticement to come...then coyote is gone.

mg
edit on 6-11-2019 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That seems like sarcasm, but it shouldn’t be...

Defund ANYTHING and it dies..

Hell stop all churches from receiving donations and Christianity died within 2 generations.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

No for sure the legislation part would be tricky, but not even remotely as tricky as trying to combat the cartels while they have gajillions of dollars to spend buying politicians and hit men..

What is harder?? Getting legislation right on legalizing drugs or continuing to fight the cartels the same old way that has NEVER been AT ALL effective???

That is a very easy answer..

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

There is one small issue with your plan. The reason people pay coyotes and cartels to come over here is because they cannot legally come over here. They may have a criminal record in Mexico, they may not have birth certificates or IDs, or they may have been deported for coming here illegally before. They don’t simply pay cartels to get over here to expedite the border crossing process.

If your plan were implemented, people would still be turning to cartels, as they would not be able to meet the minimum requirements to legally enter the US. If they could, they’d just pay the $400-$600 (IIRC) to get a visa and come over here legally, find a job that would sponsor them, and apply for a J1 visa — then get their family J2 visas to join them. It’s a relatively simple process.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

BWAHAHAHA

The laws in the books have never worked...

Hell they could end immigration just by making a fine high enough where it is not longer profitable to employ them..

It is not rocket science and tptb already know the fixes..

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Surely going through the litigious process of legalising drugs is 'easier' than having families shot up and burned??? Or is that just me? This is the bull# world we live in, where bureaucracy trumps common sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It's not sarcasm. If your living is based on drugs you sell and then someone comes in and cuts you out to start making your cash, what are you going to do? Are you gonna die off or walk away?

We can't even talk about ending food stamps because the millions who are on it want to kill everyone in favor of it. And you want to take away the biggest cash crop for a cartel without taking out the cartel.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I remember reading I. The news maybe 5 years back, that Mexican drug cartel had native Americans cooking meth on reservations for them. Not sure what ever came of that or what state the reservation was in.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pr0ph3t

Where's the common sense in legalizing drugs? No details, no list of consequences, nothing. Just "Legalize drugs and it'll solve everything."

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

I remember reading I. The news maybe 5 years back, that Mexican drug cartel had native Americans cooking meth on reservations for them. Not sure what ever came of that or what state the reservation was in.

Really? I don't even remember that. I guess because it involved minorities the news kept it on the down low.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: scolai

No that is exactly why they do it..

The waiting list is years and there is no guarantee.. they do not have years to wait making 75$ a week in Mexico for manual labor.

I do construction and personally know and work with a bunch of Mexicans and half are illegal .

All the stuff “the left” says is true concerning mexican immigrants..

An old timer that has been here 20 years illegally, used to go home for 4 months out of the year, every year.. he has not been back in 8 years because of tightened security after 911..

All that do not work for cash , pay taxes but none file for returns , afraid it will get them deported..

The only ones who get government assistance are those here legally.. illegals do not want to get caught doing it. A lot get assistance, but only because for example the wife has a visa or the kids are citizens.. strait up illegals do not get assistance.

No they would not still turn to cartels... well or more accurately, only the real criminals would turn to cartels.. those just comming here to work pay the government fee.

Why pay the cartel 8k and then have to worry about getting deported, when you could pay the same to the FED and be legit...

It is the path of least resistance..

OH PLUS THE COYOTE TRIP IS CRAZY...

Very bad conditions and a 3 day walk though the desert...

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So you verify my point. Thanks.

mg

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: LSU2018

That seems like sarcasm, but it shouldn’t be...

Defund ANYTHING and it dies..

Hell stop all churches from receiving donations and Christianity died within 2 generations.

Another pipe dream Just plain old Johnny? The true body of Christ will survive without the organized church or the influx of money.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Let me correct that comment for you: physical church building organizations may die but Christianity will never die.

I'll clarify my comment: those who have a personal relationship with Christ will not give up their faith and "church" is really a believer/s, not a physical building.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join