It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Yorks Top Cop / Commissioner resigned today.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I find this rather interesting with the current political climate in NYC. James ONeill was only on the job for 3 years.

Wonder if there is more to this than what the story reports. I would imagine he has seen all kinds of stuff and is pretty young to be quitting.

nypost.com...

NYPD Commissioner James O’Neill is resigning his position on Monday, according to City Hall.
The top cop will make it official in an afternoon press briefing, confirming the long-swirling rumors of his resignation.
“On behalf of all New Yorkers, I want to express deep gratitude to Jimmy O’Neill for dedicating his entire career to keeping our city safe. Jimmy transformed the relationship between New Yorkers and police, and helped to make the Department the most sophisticated and advanced in the country,” Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a statement.

I wonder if he was part of the Weiner investigations or possibly has been interviewed by Barr or Durham for anything relating to Hillary.

Could be some more to this story coming......

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Wonder if there is more to this than what the story reports. I would imagine he has seen all kinds of stuff and is pretty young to be quitting.

He’s over 60, and has been a cop for nearly 40 years. I wouldn’t call that a spring chicken.

Looking at a list of commissioners, most of them serve only a couple of years before moving on.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Nice catch. That is interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have a feeling it has a lot to do with the recent arrest of the subway rider which resulted in the most recent mass protest of police in New York. Someone called 911 and reported the man for having a weapon. Upon police arriving the individual took off and jumped the turnstile not paying the fare.

Police of course pursued the man onto the train and proceeded to initially arrest him for fare jumping. Other train riders were incensed that someone was being pursued and actually arrested for that simple charge. What they did not know is the individual was also wanted for investigation over the 911 call as well as multiple outstanding arrest warrants.

This resulted in the F... the Police rally. I imagine DeBlasio was unhappy about the arrest and asked for the resignation in order to appease the protesters. Or perhaps the man was fed up with the atmosphere regarding police in NY and decided to retire and enjoy life without the political rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Pretty hard to arrest and convict criminals when half the government wants to reward them for being criminals.

#butthurt
#ree-factory
#progressives

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I find this rather interesting with the current political climate in NYC. James ONeill was only on the job for 3 years.

The last three years is probably the amount of time used to figure his salary for his pension. This seems to confirm my hypotheses.www1.nyc.gov...

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I wonder if Tom Selleck is available?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Sp theyre testing crowd control and bio weapons on MTA riders & public

And the weiner and suicides are just the tip of the Gotham NWO iceberg of things in store for such a crowded little city!

Prolly move to Florida, or Jerusalem.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
He was DeBozos boy and the climate in NY called for his resignation.a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
A lot of suicides on his watch. Totally uncommon for people with good jobs, nice potential pensions to be offing themselves on that level. Highly improbable.

He said he was a tough person but the suicides broke him basically. He also was not young, 61. Probably had enough with the BS and cashed out a little early. Don't blame him. The suicides though, way too many. Something is up with that nonsense.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Bingo on the latter...a reply to: DJMSN

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just spit balling, but this is also on the tail of reporting that there is evidence of a cover-up of the Epstein conspiracy. Probably not related but thought it was interesting timing.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Flynn Ready To Go Free, Egregious Government Misconduct, Covfefe, In The End We Win - Episode 2012b

At the 4:55 mark in this X22 report it is claimed the resignation happened right after Project Veritas announced it had received secret recordings on the Epstein cover up.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Somewhat off topic, but wouldn't it be a "boom" for him to detail just what all those self inflicted officers had in common...perhaps it was access to the Weiner insurance file.
Or perhaps he got definitive information that DoJ was deep into his department with investigations because Epstein didn't kill himself.
Probably he just wants to spend more time with his family (for however long that lasts)....

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Or..... the dude is just retiring. Cops can collect their pension earlier than regular retirement social security.
He is not quitting he is retiring.

Must be a slow news day.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Suicide rates amongst cops is higher than the general population. They are number six on the list ranking the risks.
24 deaths per 100K
Overall average is 16 per 100K

That is in general. NYC is probably higher due to increased stress.

join