It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witcher - Netflix Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
As a fan of the Witcher games I was interested to hear that Netflix were making a series based on the books the story is taken from , The Witcher arrives on December 20th and actually looks quite good ...

Geralt is missing his scar so I'm guessing it's the early days.

The new Game of Thrones ?

edit on 1-11-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
As a fan of the Witcher games I was interested to hear that Netflix were making a series based on the books the story is taken from , The Witcher arrives on December 20th and actually looks quite good ...

Geralt is missing his scar so I'm guessing it's the early days.

The new Game of Thrones ?

From what i have been hearing is that the "Witcher" isn't about Geralt at all but the whamens. Let's hope that the "The Witcher" is actually about the story and not some SJW BS.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It's Netflix and they are getting more SJW every year. My hopes are low.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This could have been huge, absolutely epic....if it wasn't "current year".

I have such low expectations that the good news is that it might be watchable due to my flatlined expectations.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I joined Netflix back in their early days.
For reasons I dropped them completely and have not went back.
I will now , though.

THE WHITE WOLF LIVES.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Who knows, could be as good as game of thrones. But a whole different setting and storyline thats for sure. Still have yet to beat The Witcher 3. The wild hunt game. I think I got close to the end game, were you have to fight the wild hunt, and I left it off there.

But ya, this is all set before that, years and years before it looks like. Looks like Ciri is still a little girl, and before he got that kick ass face scar, also not sure which of those charters is supposed to be Yennefer, and didnt see Triss at all in that trailer.

So it looks like its set way in the past before they all met, and long before the wild hunt. Either way looks like a good show, likely up there with Game of thrones or Stranger things. Will have to check it out for sure.

That whole evil is evil at the end of the trailer, is straight out of the game though.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Do they kill hawt Lesbian witches after they have 4 ways with them? If so, I am in. I mean I would expect nothing else from Netlix.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I won’t say it will suck but chances are it will suck.

I honestly looked forward to death note live action adaptation and they had the perfect voice actor for “death” or shinigami as the Japanese call them his name was ryuk but voiced by Williem Defoe

What does Netflix do? They made it into a 2 hour movie instead of a series which was stupid! They casted horribly for L and light not that these actors sucked just that character progression required it to be a series!

I give it 80 percent they will irreparably screw it up and a 20 percent chance they Forrest Gump their way into maybe something good

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This makes me want to read the books! I agree with ya'll though, fully expect Netflix to ruin it

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser
What they have a deathnote movie.

Pretty much anything they do into a movie, its just a cut together all squished in made to fit in that 2 hr time frame scene, is not going to be all that good. But then again never got into that particular anime either. So maybe I will just cram the movie.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: seeker1963

It's Netflix and they are getting more SJW every year. My hopes are low.

Sadly that is what have seen as well. Looks like its going to be tough to find new netflix scifi shows without some irrelevant sjw or pc characters thrown into it for no reason other than being woke.
edit on 161130America/ChicagoSun, 03 Nov 2019 23:16:46 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join