It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is seriously wrong with Trump's Secretary of Defense, Mark Esperanto.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Something is seriously wrong with Trump's Secretary of Defense, Mark Esperanto.

what's with it Mr. Esperanto? Huh? Why do you not have a better working relationship with your boss, the Commander in Chief, Donald Trump. Huh?

Something is seriously wrong with Trump, as you hinted at the end...but there ain't no use talking to Mr T.

Trump has just finished one of the biggest rants talking to reporters, talking bullshiite lies endlessly, like a ten year old who's had his candy bar taken off him.

I've never heard such silly from one person before.
edit on 21-10-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sure, we can blame it on ''spell check''. Or we can consider that Trump is not you or me posting out around an obscure website but rather the president of the United States who uses twitter as his main avenue of communicating with the nation.
To me that is a huge difference. If I can most often spell check correctly from my low levels of importance in this world, why oh why cannot this guy who claims to have the best brain and the highest IQ communicate more efficiently.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Mach2

And you, like other conservatives here do not seem to want to see what is true here, that Trump is so loosey goosey that he cannot even get the name of his acting Secretary of Defense right in a tweet. Face it, here you can only revert to your TDS and claim a failure to understand context. Man oh man you are missing the context entirely.

I'm actually not that conservative. I have some views that match those of conservative, such as fiscal matters, small government, and 100% belief in thecConstitution. I also have many libertarian views, such as, if someone isn't hurting another, leave them the f**k alone, to do as they please.

Every on line survey of "political alignment" I have ever taken says I'm a "centrist".

I just see the reality of the situation with what the left is trying to do.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Though true your observation here seems to me to likely put Trump way ahead of the simple error curve.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Literally the first two paragraphs say that keeping troops there is an option not yet proposed to Trump.

The Pentagon chief said the plan for was still in the discussion phase and had not yet been presented to President Donald Trump.

I seriously do not understand people's thought processes. You post the article, then misrepresent it, and do not answer to those telling you this.

They are looking weak, and grasping for straws at this point.
edit on 21-10-2019 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Absolutely, so why did trump repeatedly brag they were coming
home???

I don’t think the OP is about how good or bad the decision was to move them to Iraq..

The OP imho is about the fact trump either lied or had no idea where those troops were going and just used “going home” for sympathy after his withdrawal from Syria..

Way more palatable if trump claims “I am pulling out of Syria With no notice to bring our troops home!”

Than “ I am pulling troops out of Syria without notice to move them to Iraq..”

And remember trump has always been against the Iraq war..

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
I was listening to that rant but had to turn it out because it was just such cyclic defensiveness. I know that some will claim that I tuned it out because I just do not want to here the ''entire'' context or that my TDS limits my ability to comprehend his ''larger picture''. I hear that all the time around here but you know what? One can listen to total blather for only so long.

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 21 Oct 2019 13:01:18 -0500Mon, 21 Oct 2019 13:01:18 -050019102019-10-21T13:01:18-05:00100000001 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You can focus on Esper/Esperanto if you want to, but I think the key edit to take notice of is his complete removal of, "Bringing soldiers home!".

I'm sure he'll still spout that at rallies because he loves hearing the crowd cheer, but he knows they're empty words, and that he's actually increasing our military presence in the middle east (for the right price, of course).
edit on 10/21/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Baby steps, Terry, baby steps. It's not like Trump doesn't have the entirety of the warmongering national security state against him.

He seems serious about it--as with his other promises--but the best he can do at the moment is try and disentangle a bit here and there as it comes up.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

No he is making the point that trump either lied about why he pulled out of Syria.. or is so incompetent he had no idea where they were going, and lied lol...

He said he was pulling out of Syria to bring our troops home, not transfer them to Iraq..

Was there a deeper reason than to bring the troops home and stop fighting global wars???

I did not see his every response but he gave that one more than once..

So if he did not pull out of Syria to bring the troops home, why did he transfer them to Iraq and claim it was to bring them home..

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

That is hilarious since trump personally chose a who’s who of the architects of the Iraq war as his national security team.. lol

Your post might make sense if trump had not appointed those very same warmongers as his cabinet.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

No he is making the point that trump either lied about why he pulled out of Syria.. or is so incompetent he had no idea where they were going, and lied lol...

He said he was pulling out of Syria to bring our troops home, not transfer them to Iraq..

Was there a deeper reason than to bring the troops home and stop fighting global wars???

I did not see his every response but he gave that one more than once..

So if he did not pull out of Syria to bring the troops home, why did he transfer them to Iraq and claim it was to bring them home..

You are a sad sick individual, and I truly feel bad for you, if you really think like this. Must be maddening.

How many assumptions, and baseless claims can a single person make?

Again, the idea to leave them there was not yet presented to Trump. I quoted it in my post. Why ignore it, unless you are admitting to being a liar, and making up stories?

Where are your references to show Trumps intentions? I will wait, but not holding my breath.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah. The pentagon people are making plans and have not yet been presented to potus. But Potus has been going around loudly saying see, see, I"m bringing them home. But he isn't, he is still promising three years after he began making those promises. I knew it would be very difficult and likely so did you. But Trump in his great and unmatched wisdom seemed to think that all he would have to do is snap his fingers to get it done.

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 21 Oct 2019 13:11:33 -0500Mon, 21 Oct 2019 13:11:33 -050019102019-10-21T13:11:33-05:00100000011 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Call me Terry.
All of that is what it is. Trump however tried for a day or two to gain political points by claiming they are coming home when in reality, what that article says. Trump is a liar.

Trump has no filter as to what he wants to do, he say what he wants even though in the end there are a lot of variables to the outcome. In this case he is getting a huge push back from his own side and will most likely find a middle ground that may include leaving Troops there.

So lets get to your Liar statement. Do you feel that if Trump budges at all based on feedback he is then a liar? A Liar would be to say one thing and then not do a single thing to make it happen, if he says something and works towards making that happen, like the wall, if it doesn't go exactly to plan that doesn't make him a liar.

Results can be many different things, to say one thing and either not do anything at all or do 180 degrees different is a liar, such as Obama with about 50 different things he did like this.

Trump has not been correct on a lot of things, but that doesn't make him a lair unless his actions are much different than what he said he would do, and one thing with Trump is he has been rather steadfast in accomplishing in his promises, or at least working to get them done even under heavy opposition.

edit on 21-10-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yeah. The pentagon people are making plans and have not yet been presented to potus. But Potus has been going around loudly saying see, see, I"m bringing them home. But he isn't, he is still promising three years after he began making those promises. I knew it would be very difficult and likely so did you. But Trump in his great and unmatched wisdom seemed to think that all he would have to do is snap his fingers to get it done.

So no, all you have is baseless opinion. Ok, that is all you had to say.

/thread

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

And yes, that is the entire gist of the OP. His bragging when in reality all it is is redeployment by the military planners and not his own desire to bring them home. Well, that and the Esper goof stuff.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You can discount anything you want with that ''baseless'' stuff if that's what you want. Nice ignoring as you so easily claim of me. Baseless, If only.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Esperanto typo was most likely a Freudian slip.

Research the name, current players, timing of an ongoing investigation...

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

That is the tack I took with Obama for a while, but just a while. I didn't vote for him a second time. So yes, baby steps, baby steps. Bringing our troops home is a grand promise and one we all would like to see happen but down the line from potus to potus who have promised it, it has not happened, making Trump just one more in a long line of failures.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
You know Xtro, you make a very good point here and I take it. Liar? Well ok. If not than an extreme exaggerator.
And you may also be right about it being my own feelings. See, I have almost always been offended by the commercial nature of our society. Almost the entire media system is driven by one major force. Money. And in that if not out right lying then unending exaggeration about products and services has always seemed to me to be a falsehood.. So yeah, I take your point.

Actually I thank you for your reply. I have been trying to understand what appears to be his propensity for lying and you have helped me to for myself at least understand it better. He is an exaggerator.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join