It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign To Sue CNN For “Substantial Payment” After Project Veritas Undercover Exposé

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I have always believed that Freedom of Speech is reserved for the Truth.

In that case he who decides what is deemed "truth" controls free speech.

Freedom of speech is the right to say uncomfortable things , Freedom of speech has been and is being eroded and that should concern us all.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Project Veritas uncovered what we were already aware of.

The news is biased. It's always been biased.

I can't (in good conscious) go along with this because I've always defended free expression.

That includes so-called "hate speech" biased speech, hyperbole, inflammatory speech, harsh rhetoric, and yes, even lies.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Bias is not illegal.

Bias doesn't exist only at CNN.

The corporate media controls all significant media sources even the ones that say things that you like.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Bias is not illegal.

Bias doesn't exist only at CNN.

The corporate media controls all significant media sources even the ones that say things that you like.

Bias exists everywhere.

Imagine Warren or Sanders attacking me because I consider them worthless commies.

Or sues Fox for "unfair" coverage.

Going after CNN is wrong, and a pretty stupid move for the Trump team.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Agreed on all points.

(Gosh it's scary when that happens.)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Excellent. Let's see what can be proven in court.

I agree, let's test the evidence. If it has merit CNN should pay substantially. If not, they shouldn't.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The real story is that Donald Trump is dumb enough to sue someone using Project Veritas as evidence. You couldn't come up with any "news" more fake.

Every single thing they have ever put out has completely been a bold faced lie. I look forward to the discovery portion of the trial.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Excellent. Let's see what can be proven in court.

I agree, let's test the evidence. If it has merit CNN should pay substantially. If not, they shouldn't.

Agree 100%

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The information and interpretations of events in the news should be truthful. There has been way too much fake news with improperly used evidence to back it in our media. I believe in moderate propaganda, but this political bias is not acceptable, no matter who uses it. I do not care about people like Alex Jones or the Enquirer making up crap, but our major news agencies need to print truth, not bias oppinions that insinuate something other than the truth.

I made a thread of how half the stuff that is on ATS is crap here. My opening statement was that we are here to weed through it and find out what is real. I also stated that over half the stuff in the news back then was crap and that needed to be evaluated. But now, most of the stuff on the news is crap, ATS is doing way better than the media is at getting down to the truth. My thread was from back in 2013, way before all this recent deception started to increase. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I hope and pray they have more than that. If not, it will be thrown out of court and I'd REALLY LIKE to see a judicial decision on this crap.

Freedom of the Press is a sacred American right, and when/if it gets serially abused that civil penalty should be absolutely crushing.

On the other hand, if the Trump Campaign cannot substantiate their case they need to pay. Big Time.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

When hasn't Project Veritas been thrown out of court? There hasn't been one time they've told the truth about anything. Every video they've released has turned out to be nothing more than straight up fabrications or selective editing.

This is just a ploy by Trump to rile his base up. I doubt this will even make it to court. As dumb as I think the Trump administration is I seriously doubt they are dumb enough to bring a legal case based on project veritas "evidence".

I'm really hoping they try though.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

When hasn't Project Veritas been thrown out of court? There hasn't been one time they've told the truth about anything. Every video they've released has turned out to be nothing more than straight up fabrications or selective editing.

This is just a ploy by Trump to rile his base up. I doubt this will even make it to court. As dumb as I think the Trump administration is I seriously doubt they are dumb enough to bring a legal case based on project veritas "evidence".

I'm really hoping they try though.

This is prime Trump I absolutely agree. He LOVES to bring civil suits. I don't understand why he's waited this long.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This would literally be the best thing to ever happen to CNN. As party to a lawsuit they are entitled to discovery. Which means they can request anything on Trumps interactions with the media.

They can request records of his meetings with Fox News, Hannity, etc. And Trump will be legally compelled to produce them.

I keep telling myself "they can't be this stupid". But I've been wrong so many times when saying that about this administration.

Here's hoping he seriously tries to bring a case based on project veritas "evidence". I bet CNN is licking its chops hoping this is true.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That is a very good point.

This must be a headline grabber; surely they're not dumb enough to expose the Campaign and Mr. Trump like that ...

... are they?

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The real story is that Donald Trump is dumb enough to sue someone using Project Veritas as evidence. You couldn't come up with any "news" more fake.

Every single thing they have ever put out has completely been a bold faced lie. I look forward to the discovery portion of the trial.

nice, and you can back up those words with ......facts?

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It should have been done along time ago. Only the brainwashed with an axe to grind are against this suit. Im tired of hearing all the lies.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
IDK...if the President of any major corporation was recorded saying he was dedicating his entire company to destroy me, my business, and my family...I'd sue BIG too.

My guess is anyone here would, as well.
edit on 19-10-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Lies are intentional deception. The news/press has a specific role to inform the public. A news organization that intentionally and knowingly broadcasts a lie should be punished. If we let one lie go, when does it stop? Eventually the citizens will be completely brainwashed by propaganda.

It is one thing to be wrong about a fact, it happens to everybody from time to time. Hyperbolic opinions and characterizations and bias are all protected speech. It is another thing all together to intentionally lie.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The suit needs to be a class action involving every citizen of the nation suing for 3 trillion dollars.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

nice, and you can back up those words with ......facts?

Of course. Though I wonder why a paragon of truth such as yourself couldn't take the time to find out on your own..

Disingenuous" Sting on ACORN (2009)

Project Veritas first entered the public eye in 2009 when its founder/president, James O'Keefe, "gained notice for secretly videotaping his exchanges with workers for the community organizing group ACORN who appeared to advise him how to avoid prosecution for a variety of unsavory activities like child prostitution," according to the New York Times. Aided by conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart, the group spread the impression that O'Keefe had dressed in an outlandish "pimp" costume, a detail "that was quickly embraced by the mainstream media and turned into a central part of the ACORN story," leading to ridicule of ACORN employees for their "apparent cluelessness," according to Media Matters.[26] Mother Jones referred to the ACORN sting and other such videos as "disingenuously edited hit jobs."[27]
Later investigations, including one by the California Attorney General, showed that the videos released by O'Keefe were misleading. From the AG's report:

"Evidence obtained by Brown tells a somewhat different story [than the edited videos originally released], however, as reflected in three videotapes made at ACORN locations in California. One ACORN worker in San Diego called the cops. Another ACORN worker in San Bernardino caught on to the scheme and played along with it, claiming among other things that she had murdered her abusive husband. Her two former husbands are alive and well, the Attorney General's report noted. At the beginning and end of the Internet videos, O'Keefe was dressed as a 1970s Superfly pimp, but in his actual taped sessions with ACORN workers, he was dressed in a shirt and tie, presented himself as a law student, and said he planned to use the prostitution proceeds to run for Congress. He never claimed he was a pimp."

$100,000 Paid to Settle Lawsuit over Secret Recording (2013)

In March 2013, O'Keefe agreed to pay $100,000 to settle a lawsuit filed by Juan Carlos Vera, a former employee of ACORN. The lawsuit alleged that O'Keefe and his associate filmed Vera in the San Diego ACORN offices without his consent, a violation of California law, and portrayed him untruthfully. The video was later heavily edited and published on conservative mega-blog Breitbart.com, making it appear that Vera had conspired with O'Keefe to smuggle underage girls across the Mexican border, when in fact Vera had immediately contacted the police after O'Keefe left his office.[23]

Link

Then there's the Google and YouTube "stings" Lol

Misleading Project Veritas Accusations of Google “Bias” Could Prompt Bad Law

What's funny about that one is that Republican lawmakers were actually dumb enough to almost craft completely new laws based on the lies of O'Keefe. The need to believe what you want regardless of the facts isn't just a trait of people like yourself but also the politicians you blindly follow.

Then there's the NPR stunt which Glenn Beck investigated and found was fake:

In 2011 Blaze, the rightwing outlet founded by Glenn Beck, investigated O’Keefe’s treatment of National Public Radio and concluded that the editing of a secretly filmed video seemed “designed to intentionally lie or mislead about the material being presented”.

But the NPR video continues to haunt O’Keefe. The final cut captured harsh comments about Tea Partiers made by an NPR executive, Ronald Schiller, when in fact the full recording made clear that some of Schiller’s negative comments were relaying the sentiments of others rather than speaking for himself. Once discovered, this opened O’Keefe to fierce criticism, particularly from former Fox News host Glenn Beck, an early backer of O’Keefe who soured on him after the NPR episode.

Link

Link

I can keep going if you want. I have a little extra time this morning. We can run down every other story they've done as well. Every single story they have produced as some kind of lame "gotcha" moment has been selectively edited garbage that has been destroyed the second its investigated the slightest bit.

You really need to get past the idea that just because Donald Trump supports something it validates it. Trump will use any hit piece no matter how false to further his own ends. And it just ends up making all of you who believe it look stupid.
edit on 19-10-2019 by underwerks because: more sources

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join