It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kel-Tec says no plans to chamber the SU-16 in .300 Blackout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So I finally got hold of someone at Kel-Tec weapons to ask them if they had any plans to chamber the SU-16 series to .300 Blackout. They said they only get perhaps a half dozen requests for this in a year. Not enough to make this profitable. I did get to shoot a friend's SU-16 that had been converted to this caliber and liked it enough to see if they had plans on the manufacturing side to chamber the SU-16 in the .300 blackout caliber. No dice it seems. It will take the higher chamber pressure of the 77 grain 5.56 bullets so there is that. The 77 grain ballistics with the 16 inch barrel on the SU-16 shoots flat at 200 yards. It still has about 1,000 foot pounds of force at that distance.

It looks like it will require some gunsmithing work for this since the company has no interest in the bigger round.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

The trigger looks too far forward.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The trigger is not the best I hear since it is plastic but M-Carbo makes a nice aluminum replacement that is fairly cheap. It was my first complaint with this gun. I like the compact size of the Charlie model.
i fired the CA model with the .300 blackout conversion and it had the aluminum trigger replacement. I have not fired one with the stock plastic trigger but my friend said it was a bit mushy.

edit on 10/15/2019 by machineintelligence because: entry error

join