It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what's for dinner tonight???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So, what's for dinner tonight?????

Well, it's Ponzu and mung bean noodles. Did some fried pot stickers, and put then in with the Ponzu and noodles. Wicked good!

Fantastic dish! Mung bean noodles really stick together, and make a solid noodle soup. The Ponzu is delightful, with it's lemon and soy flavor. The Pork and veggie pot stickers, cooked sharply over olive oil, were fantastic. I cooked about (10) of them.

It turned out fantastic!!!

Wanna' eat some good international food, come on over to our place...and enjoy!!!

DEE-LICIOUS!!!!
edit on 10/14/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

wow, hot dogs and spicy mustard here.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sheesh...cattle round up, fix fence, get hay from three states over, post about all of it online, cook a real dinner.....how the hell many hours are in your day anyhow?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Argen

24 hours...same as your's, I just don't get to sleep a lot. I've said this before. I go to bed at about 8pm and get up at around 3am.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
How the heck did you learn how to cook that? Sounds....inneresting.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

I lived in SE Asia for 2.5 years.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Sounds good. I love Ponzu

Breakfast for dinner over here tonight. Thick sliced bacon, brown eggs, and toast.

I made Chinese Almond chicken last night. It was bomb!
I cook every day. I live to cook

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I have been in love with Ponzu since my 1st of 3 tours in Japan (biz and school, not military)

Nothing better on ika, and other sashimi like fatty tuna

take that back...real wasabi too
edit on 14-10-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2019 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

... I live to cook.

Me too!!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Ill star that

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

"real wasabi"....WOW!!!

That stuff is legend!!

Nobody on this side of the world has ever even remotely tasted "real wasabi". Ever seen them make it??? It's crazy.

Incredible stuff!!! Legendary!!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Oh, and I got 5lbs of oregon white chantrelles while hunting last week, and 20lbs of yellow chantys this weekend.

wife and I are learning how to ferment charcuterie, and wonder if you have any recipes.

Or, if not fermented and aged meat, we were thinking chantrelle, with dear and bear for fat/ sausage?

opinion?
edit on 14-10-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Charcuterie for the chantrelles, or for the bear meat?

I can provide some guidance for the bear meat, but not the mushrooms. I don't know anything about mushrooms. The more I learn about wild mushrooms, the more I realize I know nothing about mushrooms, and they skeer me.

Curing meat I can speak to. Do you want to dry cure, or wet pump the meat?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Kielbasa, perogies, boiled cabbage. Typical light Polish/Slavic meal...wife's idea tonite!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I marinated a steak with cherries, green peppers, teriyaki, soy, olive oil, lotsa pepper, olive oil, garlic, onion. Probably some other things. The aftertaste was nice and sweet from some cherry juice. I read a few recipes and tweaked the hell out of it.
oh I seared it quick on the grill then cooked it in a buttery soy fruity sauce in a pan with the peppers and cherries.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Now that is a fine dinner right there!!!

Love a good Polish meal!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yes, meat. We savory pickled a bunch of chantys, but as cooks we decided to conventionally dry about 10lbs, then we want to smoke the mushies and blend with either deer or elk ground for sausage.

it sounds good, but is it realistic?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I honestly can't answer what would happen with cure and mushrooms. I'm sorry.

I can tell you if you want to dry cure the bear, I'd go with about 1 Tsp of Prague #2 per 5 lbs of bear meat. Allow 24 hours per 1/4" of penetration. So, if the meat is 5" thick, you'd need about 120 hours of cure time (or about 5 days). Then you can smoke for a finish. Light smoke (for bear), maybe like a pecan wood or apple (not hickory). You could go up to several weeks on aging this, won't hurt. Prague #2 is made for long aging.

If you want to go wet (brine) I think you'd need about 1 Tsp of Prague #1 per 5 lbs of meat into 1 gallon of water per 5 lbs. This will give you a more ham like finished product. Smoke it also for the finish. Just keep the meat covered in the brine (i.e. set a plate on it to keep it submerged). This would probably be a 7 day brine, then rinse thoroughly. Then smoke. You don't have to smoke it, but it will be better this way.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

"real wasabi"....WOW!!!

That stuff is legend!!

Nobody on this side of the world has ever even remotely tasted "real wasabi". Ever seen them make it??? It's crazy.

Incredible stuff!!! Legendary!!
I tried to cultivate true wasabi...failed miserably
It requires very specific temperature. I tried in Ohio, foo
ish, but I tried.

It is only succesfully grown in Washington State that I know of in the states...Im in Oregon again now, so Ill try next year again.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I honestly can't answer what would happen with cure and mushrooms. I'm sorry.

I can tell you if you want to dry cure the bear, I'd go with about 1 Tsp of Prague #2 per 5 lbs of bear meat. Allow 24 hours per 1/4" of penetration. So, if the meat is 5" thick, you'd need about 120 hours of cure time (or about 5 days). Then you can smoke for a finish. Light smoke (for bear), maybe like a pecan wood or apple (not hickory).

If you want to go wet (brine) I think you'd need about 1 Tsp of Prague #1 per 5 lbs of meat into 1 gallon of water per 5 lbs. This will give you a more ham like finished product. Smoke it also for the finish. Just keep the meat covered in the brine (i.e. set a plate on it to keep it submerged).

Thank you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join