It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McAleenan, acting Homeland Security secretary, stepping down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

My Kevin. That's what Trump always calls him and McCarthy. To a person with a narcissistic personality disorder, talking about somebody as if they were your possession is a term of endearment. This was "My Kevin," and the president liked him a lot.

And My Kevin is stepping down after six months, the fourth person to lead the department of Homeland Security in the last two years.

Associated Press

President Donald Trump said Friday that Kevin McAleenan was stepping down as the acting secretary of Homeland Security.

Trump said McAleenan wanted to spend more time with his family and go to the private sector.

He took over in April after Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen quit, and he was the fourth person to lead the department in two years. Trump hasn’t named anyone to the job yet — the acting deputy is David Pekoske, the head of the Transportation Security Administration.

What an absolute sham our government has become. The acting deputy, replacing the acting director is from transportation. Let's take bets on who the next "acting" director of Homeland Security will be?

I'm going with Stephen Himmler. Oh boy, did I say Himmler? I meant Stephen Miller.

His tenure was marked by internal squabbling and jockeying by others in the department vying for top jobs, all playing out against a backdrop of outrage and horror amid reports of children being held in squalid conditions and images of those who perished trying to make the trek.

The 240,000-person department is tasked with election security and cybersecurity, disaster response and even the Secret Service. But for Trump, the Department of Homeland Security means one thing: immigration. The president’s signature issue makes the department his focus and his ire. Balancing a White House eager to push major changes with the reality on the ground is a constant challenge.

edit on 11-10-2019 by Oraculi because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

The president might. . . just might. . . want people who actually do their job instead of just taking a government position and jerking off while Rome burns.

Or Orange man bad.

Probably Orange Man Bad.

Impeach.

Vote Hillary 2020.

*fap*

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

A judge told Trump he couldn't use Pentagon funds to build his wall today. I imagine Kevin didn't want to hang around for that temper tantrum.

edit on 11-10-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This marks the 464th person to leave the Donald Trump administration.

You heard that right folks. Interstate strip clubs don't have this high of a turnover rate.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You heard that right folks. Interstate strip clubs don't have this high of a turnover rate.

At this rate, he'll break 1000 by the end of his second term.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You mean like already happened and the SC stepped in and ruled for Trump? Question, do you think there might be a problem in the lower courts when they rule against Trump every time and then the SC rules for Trump?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Question, do you think there might be a problem in the lower courts when they rule against Trump every time and then the SC rules for Trump?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that says more about the Supreme Court..

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Question, do you think there might be a problem in the lower courts when they rule against Trump every time and then the SC rules for Trump?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that says more about the Supreme Court..

Yes, the highest court in the land is the problem. I guess when anything is not dominated by liberals and others have a say it's wrong.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say since the SC overrules everyone else then the obviously political lower courts who have made rulings because even though Trump followed the law they don't like his tweets are the problem.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You don't think the Supreme Court is political?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You don't think the Supreme Court is political?

I think when we have judges making rulings not on what the travel ban says but based on what Trump has tweeted THAT is the problem.

Judges in travel ban case concerned about Trump tweets

www.cnn.com...

So the ban is fine, the wording is fine, but they don't like what he tweets, so the ban is bad, legal, but they will rule against it because #OrangeManBad
edit on 11-10-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I find it amusing that on one of the internet's top conspiracy forums, that this isn't considered a good thing, vs what you're trying to turn it into.

Look, I don't believe Don ISN'T part of the establishment (the REAL establishment), but I certainly enjoy watching someone completely # with established traditions of nonsense. If anything, he's making it easier for me to wake up from my coma.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You people are so obsessed with Trump, the last several days have been leftist hit pieces and none have panned out in any meaningful way, total wasted effort by several ignorant folks, smh.

So dude in an "acting" position decides he wants to be with family and go private sector where the big bucks are and this is news....why??

Even Trump hadn't named someone yet, too busy dealing with the fake impeachment witch hunt by the Dems probably 😌

Quality if threads has diminished greatly since 2016.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

the last several days have been leftist hit pieces and none have panned out in any meaningful way

You know, that sounds EXACTLY like the last 4 years of "bombshells" that have been regurgitated ad nauseam by the fine members here at ATS.

Quality if threads has diminished greatly since 2016.

Even though it's been a 24/7 Trump circle jerk on the front page ever since he won? In that case I'd have to agree. 🤣
edit on 10/11/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Getting fired is what should happen when people can't or won't do their jobs.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So basically you have become that which you despise.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

At this rate, he'll break 1000 by the end of his second term.

I hope hes only getting started. Its the next best thing to "term limits," is it not?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Only if you admit the same thing. 😛

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

It would be a good thing if people everywhere in the Government were jumping ship or better yet getting fired but if people can't acknowledge that when 464 people leave Trump's administration that maybe there is something rotten in Denmark. Trump cultists are too far gone at this point though.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
That article was like thousands of words long

Not once did I read MY KEVIN

Is that you Schiff? cherry picking for a TDS narrative ?

new topics

top topics

join