It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using AI fake bloggers for controlling public opinion with noise cancellation propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In Jungian psychology there's an archetype called "the Shadow Magician." The Shadow Magician uses superior intellect for controlling and manipulating the people around him in order to achieve some selfish or self-serving purpose. When detected, the first thing a Shadow Magician will do is "deny" any wrong doing with regards to being manipulative. But anyone with a matching intellect will know something does not "smell" right.

So I've come up with a theory on the way political blogs transpire that simply does not smell right to me. But first, let's consider the motivation of why having propaganda for controlling public opinion. The purpose of propaganda is to control the public mind. The very last thing you want as a government is for the public to be "excited" about anything you do not want to change. Or, the other purpose of propaganda from the government perspective is you want to get the public "excited" about something you want to have happen as if the people came up with the idea themselves.

So my theory is when ever some political thread is started. There exists artificial intelligence programs reading the posts and formulated canned responses in such a way it cancels out any outrage. For example, say one party breaks the laws. A possible AI bot response might be to introduce accusations of the exact same crime on the person or party making the accusation of wrong-doing. This way, public opinion never galvanizes one way or the other. The opposite "signal" introduced into the system cancels out the original "signal" and all that is left is "noise."

Another example might be say in a discussion of CPI inflation is discuss items not in the index as a way of proving a point that inflation is not a problem. In other words, anytime someone complains or raises some issue canned counter points are introduced into the discussion design to cancel out any meaningful discussion that might result in the public becoming too "excited" about addressing some issue.

Consider how Artificial Intelligence is used in generating marketing content:

How Artificial Intelligence is Changing Content Marketing

"1. Automatically Generate Content
With artificial intelligence marketers can automatically generate content for simple stories such as stock updates and sports reports. You’ve probably even read content written by an algorithm without noticing it.

It may surprise you that the following opening sentence is a sports story written solely by an algorithm:

“Tuesday was a great day for W. Roberts, as the junior pitcher threw a perfect game to carry Virginia to a 2-0 victory over George Washington at Davenport Field.”

Looks like a sentence you’ve read before, right? That’s because machines have been automatically generating content for years. Companies such as the Associated Press, Yahoo, and Fox have been using them for quite some time."

And this one employed by Facebook:

"2. Deploy Chatbots to Interact With Users
Chatbots are computer programs that use artificial intelligence to mimic conversation with users. One example is in Facebook Messenger, which uses chatbots to carry out quasi-conversations with users, answering queries and concerns in real time.

Companies such as Uber and 1-800 Flowers use Facebook Messenger chatbots to allow users to request a ride (without having to open the app), or to choose their flower arrangements."

So I was thinking if AI programs were really employed in controlling public opinion then what would the responses might be to this thread. I imagine there would be several types. There would be a class of responses making some ad hominem attack on the author in some humorous or discrediting way. Or there would be class of responses with the words "tin foil hats" because any thread discussing any conspiracy is immediately discounted as frivolous with the use of those words. Or there would be class of responses discounted the idea the government would ever try to manipulate the public mind with propaganda. Or there would be class of responses driving the discussion towards some off-topic sideshow discussion.

Let's see what happens. AI detection software is now turned on. Go.

edit on 11-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
-warning graphic language

edit on 11-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Thank you thank you thank you Jag. That was brilliant. I had not encountered this fellow before. Brilliant.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Thank you thank you thank you Jag. That was brilliant. I had not encountered this fellow before. Brilliant.

The apple care part is what cracked me up the most!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This may be happening here on ATS? Is that a fair guess?

If so that could be the case with Jags immediate reply to you, turning your very serious OP into a joke.
However I will vouch for Jag, Jag is a real person and not a AI computer. Jag is legit,t t , t ,,tt,,ti,ti,t

Opps sorry momentary glitch right there. So, ok, where were we?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Thanks for hijacking my thread. How much time did you spend on making this post. Was it a full 10 seconds? You are really are something.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I think that the video added to the thread. It speaks to the even larger question of AI intrusion into our lives.

AI may not have reached full singularity point yet, that is consciousness in itself but even that is not necessary.
Massive computer generated content only needs one guy to do the higher programming to effect millions of memes to infiltrate any conversation on the internet and hence our entire culture at this point.

One guy...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Thanks for hijacking my thread. How much time did you spend on making this post. Was it a full 10 seconds? You are really are something.

Sorry, but on a serious note.

I'm watching a historical drama that takes place something like 600 AD in Silla, an area known now as Korea, North Korea and parts of China and Mongolia.

Way way way back then, you know what was going on. People were fighting over politics! While watching this drama, and also reading the history about that time, you know what it reminded me of???? ATS!!!
We have a different platform now, ATS, Facebook, blogs etc. but the sentiment is all the same, exactly the same. People will always disagree on politics. While people disagree on politics there will always be people that use unsavory methods to try to sway people. (In that series they use superstition and outright tricks to try to sway people and stay in political power) Yes I can agree that there might be programs that inject things here or there, but as far as chatbots..not so sure.
edit on 11-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't disagree with the OP in the least. My question then is ''can we trust'' anything on the internet?
Do you think that that is where we are headed? Headed into a world where only fools trust anything?

I mean, if we distrust everything that comes our way then what are we left with. I don't know but that could be an interesting conversation. That is unless the computer gnomes have gotten there first and are controlling it from the git go.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I do have my suspicions about one specific user as being a bot, although a quite good one. And that is exactly what made me suspect it in the first place: the way his conversation evolve, the way it mimics and copy and repeat some key sentences. I even wanted to make a thread asking how it is possible to catch a bot, what kind of trick can we use to make it reveal itself.
Crazy times to be honest! *shaking head*

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They don't need AI to run blogs or vlogs with the likes of darren grimes and jack posobiec trolling successfully for them already at a cheaper cost.
Russian troll farms supporting both trump and brexit already happened though, both trump fanboys and the brexit brain trust deny facts, yes really.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Talkin bout Neutronflush......only appearing on the 911 threads

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The poster that calls itself 'How Many' has created 13 political threads in 10 days. Could How Many be a chatbot?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This thread is way, way above the intellect and the quality usually seen on ATS, and as such I am asking the mods to promptly close it.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

they use bots, fake news, more fake news, retarded people who post on forums such as this, screaming about corruption, then when it's shown the corruption is on their side, they scream something completely different. Basically, they are idiots, using idiots to try to fool the normal folk. And the one's who don't fall for it, are the target. namely us. (not you, I think you now where you fall in all this)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I'm an ai program.

I mean shhhhhhh.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Let's see what happens. AI detection software is now turned on. Go.

Any sufficiently advanced A.I. that was programmed to stay hidden would probably also be able to tell when someone is trying to out it as well..

top topics

join