It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Was OK With Biden's Son On The Ukrainian Burisma Board Back In 2014

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Should we be surprised by this? I'm not.

Back in May 2014, Obama's State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki, was asked by a reporter, if Biden's son sitting on a Ukrainian board, making over $50,000 a month, was cronyism.

cro·ny·ism: the appointment of friends and associates to positions of authority, without proper regard to their qualifications.

Psaki stated that the Obama Administration didn't have any concerns about "potential perceptions about conflict of interest or cronyism" on Hunter Biden's position, because "he’s a private citizen."

However, the reporter mentioned that President Obama's Administration sanctioned Russian officials, including a bank, due to cronyism.

From March 2014:

U.S. President Barack Obama announced more sanctions on Russian officials, individuals, and a bank involved in the ongoing crisis in Ukraine on Thursday

The sanctions expand the list of targeted individuals by 20 people whom U.S. officials described as "cronies." Several of the officials are close advisers to Putin and members of his inner circle;

www.businessinsider.com...

Could you say that this a textbook definition of "turning a blind eye" on a similar conflict of interest?

turn a blind eye (to something): to pretend you do not notice something, because you should do something about it but you do not want to; to ignore something that you know is wrong

edit on 10/11/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You have a problem with people related to politicians working?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Obama had a problem with it. It's called cronyism. Take off the blindfold.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The money ends up amounting to a lot more than $50,000 a year, unless he was working for them since before he was born.
Not bad wages for a crackhead with no experience in the field.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

No one has provided ANY proof criminality or even a specific criminal allegation against Hunter Biden...

The sheeple are oh so easily played lol

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The right question to ask would have been what is Hunter doing hitching a ride on Air Force II and doing personal business when he touches ground. As a taxpayer, I'm paying the airfare for a private citizen doing private business.

I have a serious problem with that scenario. Biden should have been fined for ethics violations and Hunter banned from all Air Force One Squadron flights indefinitely.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

For Foreign Governments, as the VP's son, who is literally in charge fighting corruption in that area then...Yes!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

No one has provided ANY proof criminality or even a specific criminal allegation against Donald Trump...

There, I fixed your quote...

No charge.

_______

As to the OP -

The new rules are that actual proof and evidence can be ignored if it pertains to the Left.

However, if it pertains to the Right, then, you only need reeeeee and wahhhh...

S+F
edit on 10/11/2019 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

No one has provided ANY proof criminality or even a specific criminal allegation against Hunter Biden...

Replace Hunter Biden with Donald Trump. Do you still feel the same because three years of investigations turned up no crimes. And don't even try the "that's different" because it's not. Who is being played? You.

Edit- I didn't see the post above mine before I replied.

edit on 11-10-2019 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Played and lol is right when you look in the mirror.

So u think that Al Capone was not a mob boss and only a tax dodger,lol

Come on, take off your political blinders and you can easily see that his compensation package or even position should have never been warranted or given.

Perhaps you can enlighten us on his experience and qualifications that warranted his position and compensation package besides cronyism?

Your position and stance and willingness to overlook the blantant corruption because it's your party , is exactly why out govt is out of control.

Don't worry you have your equivalent political cheerleaders on the other side as well , to ensure we keep getting the honor of voting for the lesser evil versus quality candidates.

Try something new and break the cycle by holding your own candidate and party accountable so we get control of our govt versus dismissing their bs.
edit on 411031America/ChicagoFri, 11 Oct 2019 08:41:43 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
We need to see transcripts of phone calls that may contain the word "favor" 😎

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's a huge conflict of interest and ethics violation.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The White House also put out a press release/statement in 2014, to soothe (aka "lie to") the public, and anyone else who was concerned about the Hunter Biden ventures.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

You should change your name to JustBlindToIronyAndHypocrisy

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Brendan Fischer is an expert on campaign finance, government ethics, lobbying and political transparency issues.

Let me tell you something about Mr. "ethical" Brendan. He has a problem with the Trump kids getting Secret Service protection. Blabbered on and on about it:

people.howstuffworks.com...

He's a commentator for The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, POLITICO, ProPublica, Center for Public Integrity, Time, Slate, Wired, The Daily Beast, The Intercept, CNN and NBC News.

For some reason however, Brendan has not gone off the rails on Hunter riding on Air Force II, conducting personal business after touching down and bringing along Secret Service to conduct his private business. Trump kids though, he swings for the fence.

The above situation is the apex of the problem in this country. Reporters, media, and people like Brendan sick with bias and hatred and breaking all the tenants of their professions. It's not the people.

edit on 11-10-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Donald Trump is currently flying a political bomber over the Ukraine, and the Democrats are putting up flack in a density rarely seen.

Theres corruption involved with the democrat party and corrupt oligarchs in the Ukraine that likely goes way beyond biden's druggy son getting a 50 grand a month job he has zero aptitude for.

Your over the target mr president, open the bombay doors!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If Trump's daughter was on that board, just think what the Democrats and the media would have done with it. It would have triggered an impeachment long ago.

I thought in this country that everyone has equal rights, what is appropriate for the Democrat politicians should be appropriate for Republicans and vice versa. I kind of very much dislike the Democratic party these days, I used to lean Democrat pretty much except that I would tend to vote for a candidate if I thought they were good. If I knew nothing about the candidate I used to always vote Democrat. In the last two years it is completely reversed after seeing how bad the Democrats are getting. They are way too bossy and are not negotiating very much, even our Democratic governor is trying to shove an excessive gas tax down people's throats.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

I have a problem with telling others something is wrong when you are doing it yourself.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The "Democrats were doing it too" or "the Democrat didn't mind it when Obama was president" is such a lame argument.

Can we just agree the rule of law and the Constitution is important. If someone breaks the law in either party they should go to prison. Period. End of Story.

I'm sick and tired of Republicans crapping on the Constitution and our laws because it hurts their party. No one is above the law. The Constitution has to come first before party.

Now if the Democrats are corrupt and so bad as the mud-slinging Republicans are saying, then STOP being so incompetent, do your job, and put the Democrat law breakers in jail. Otherwise, shut the HE up!

People do not going to prison because you don't like the way they look! You have to have real EVIDENCE not just baseless mud-slinging lying opinions.

edit on 11-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You do know that trump put Jared kushner Over the ME...

Right???

In fact I’m pretty sure all trumps kids got shiny new government jobs they were not qualified for..

Cronyism is not evidence of criminality..obviously.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join