It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone into CETME rifles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
So I have this century arms c308. I know I've heard all the bad comments about their QC but maybe I got lucky but mines never had any issues and with thousands of steel casings through it like nothing. My question is on muzzle breaks or flash hiders. Can anyone recommend one and if you do what or why is it suggested. I have a standard 3 point looks like 3 long forks coming straight out. If I knew how to post pics I hafe them to share but I just don't have any other rifles to compare this break to. But I'll say this in 308 this things a tac driver. Very fun rifle.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Chanologist

Not sure I understand your question.

Are you asking for suggestions for a flash hider or a brake, or are you trying to understand what flash hider you already have?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
DBL

edit on 10/11/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Does this www.rainierarms.com... look like what you have?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
A muzzle brake and a flash hider are two very different things, sounds like you have a flash hider.

If the muzzle rises on you, or the recoil is kicking yer butt, yiu may want to go with a brake, otherwise your probably best off with what you have.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sorry yeah I should have been more clear no I know the difference I'm just wondering what everyone else's opinion is on something new to try or not. The one I have is the same style as that Pic but not a name brand and it's edges are sharper not rounded like that one but same look.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Cetme's are notorious for hard felt-recoil because of their delayed blowback bolt design. They're also one of the loudest .308's out there. I'm not sure if the H&K G3 had the same bolt design even though the Cetme is a licensed reproduction.

They look cool though.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 11-10-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Cetme's are notorious for hard felt-recoil because of their delayed blowback bolt design. They're also one of the loudest .308's out there. I'm not sure if the H&K G3 had the same bolt design even though the Cetme is a licensed reproduction.

They look cool though.

I was thinking about going for a suppressor but that wait time I hear about sucks. A friend told me there are 2 kiosks out here near me that help break that up but a back check is still a back check I believe. I just wanted to get an idea out of anyone who has or has used a CETME rifle because literally everyone I know is AR 15 guy they've never used another type to compare to. I just wasn't sure if people who have stick with what they have or if anyone has tried different breaks or different flash hiders and can give an opinion on what they preferred. The only other thing I'm looking at is a different trigger pack because this ones gotten sloppy.

edit on 11-10-2019 by Chanologist because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2019 by Chanologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chanologist

They look cool though.

I was thinking about going for a suppressor but that wait time I hear about sucks. A friend told me there are 2 kiosks out here near me that help break that up but a back check is still a back check I believe. I just wanted to get an idea out of anyone who has or has used a CETME rifle because literally everyone I know is AR 15 guy they've never used another type to compare to. I just wasn't sure if people who have stick with what they have or if anyone has tried different breaks or different flash hiders and can give an opinion on what they preferred. The only other thing I'm looking at is a different trigger pack because this ones gotten sloppy.

As far as suppressors go, the wait times for some have been coming down. A lot of form 4's have been getting approved in the 4 to 9 week range, most are up to a year though.

Form 1's done online however are fairly consistent in the 3 to 6 week range. There are several good companies offering quality solvent trap kits you finish yourself. There is some backlog in their order times though, as they get a lot of orders to fill.

For a 308 youd def want a stainless or titanium can, with a hardened stainless blast baffle, and at least the first 2 cones. Rest of the cones would work well as titanium.

With good cones, with proper clipping, you should be able to construct a suppressor with effectiveness equal or very close to a production can.

A good form 1 can for a 308 would like run you around 400 to 500 for materiels, and 200 for the stamp.

Look around 600 to 1000 or higher for a production unit on a form 4. Plus 200 for stamp. Plus up to a year wait.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Good luck finding sub-sonic .308's though.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Good luck finding sub-sonic .308's though.

Yeah, I'm not even sure that they make subs in 308,
If the desire was super low noise in a 30 cal, I'd say a 300 blackout would be the best choice there.

But the 308 with a good can will still be a lot more pleasant to shoot, might reduce recoil a tad as well.

Makes the sonic "crack" way more noticable which is kinda cool too.

Cant beat 22lr in a bolt action for suppressing though.
Cool as hell

Edit, just looked it up, yeah they do make it. That would be wild, a cetme with the kick of a 22 lol
edit on 10 13 2019 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I've been thinking of building (or having built) a bolt action .22-250 with a suppressor on it. I've actually got a line on a guy who does some pretty sweet customs in that chambering. I could load up some .22-250 subs and with a little IR night vision for glass then I'd be set up just right for these damn coyotes. He gets around $5k for them, but they're pretty nice. He's got some wicked coyote videos on YT. All night stuff. He's got one where he bagged something like 45 coyotes in one night. Right now I just use my Savage .223 BVSS or an AR for the yotes.

What I'd really like to do is to get a .243 built up for coyotes. Now that would be sweet! Necked down .308 behind a .24 cal bullet. Got a buddy who's a coyote master and he swears the .243 is the best coyote round ever made. This guy is so good at calling them he doesn't even need a suppressor. I'm not that good at calling...yet. This guy lives for coyote hunting.

ETA - found the video. This is the guy. Check this out!

edit on 10/13/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thats cool as hell too. I love those coyote and hog night vision setups, a bit out of my price range, but as my area doent have much of either its not an issue lol.
Ill give the vid a watch later when i get on wifi.

Seen a lever action a week or 2 ago on reddit with a 7000 dollar night scope and a suppressor the guy says he uses for hogs, great stuff:

top topics

join